IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

1 hour ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Ms. Pac-Man is a huge get from a licensing standpoint, but the rest of the games they put on there they've already released multiple times. Weak.

Funny to see ATGames getting cucked on that one though.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/atgames-acquires-ms-pac-man-related-rights-300925773.html#:~:text=LOS ANGELES%2C Sept.,between GCC and Bandai Namco.

2 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Isn't that old news Bill?  As I understood it those rights don't allow AtGames to do anything with Ms. Pac-Man, only receive the portion that GCC used to get from Bandai, whatever that was.  Bandai still owns the rights to Ms. Pac-Man.

3 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

Isn't that old news Bill?  As I understood it those rights don't allow AtGames to do anything with Ms. Pac-Man, only receive the portion that GCC used to get from Bandai, whatever that was.  Bandai still owns the rights to Ms. Pac-Man.

Yes, it is. I was merely responding to the "getting cucked" comment. Everyone wins in their own way when Ms. Pac-Man stuff gets released.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Per an email I received as part of my backing the Sinden Lightgun for PC, Sinden has partnered with Arcade1up and the Sinden technology is what they're going to be using in the Buck Hunter game.  So I'm crossing my fingers ever so tight to see a Virtua Cop / Virtua Cop 2 / House of the Dead combo released.  Day one preorder.

Much less if they do a CarnEvil, Gunblade NY/ LA MachineGuns, Maze of the Kings, Confidential Mission....etc

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Curious Sofa said:

Per an email I received as part of my backing the Sinden Lightgun for PC, Sinden has partnered with Arcade1up and the Sinden technology is what they're going to be using in the Buck Hunter game.  So I'm crossing my fingers ever so tight to see a Virtua Cop / Virtua Cop 2 / House of the Dead combo released.  Day one preorder.

Much less if they do a CarnEvil, Gunblade NY/ LA MachineGuns, Maze of the Kings, Confidential Mission....etc

1Up had confirmed they are using Sinden tech for Big Buck Hunter, and alluded to there being other light titles down the road.  I have a feeling this will be tied to BBH  and how well it sells, or doesn't.  I am not a hunter so this type of game never appealed to me, and I'm not sure how many people will be lining up for this.  For future light games, I hope its a lot.  As I prefer them putting out older arcade titles, I would be hoping for a Crossbow, Cheyenne and Chiller cabinet myself ?.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

1Up had confirmed they are using Sinden tech for Big Buck Hunter, and alluded to there being other light titles down the road.  I have a feeling this will be tied to BBH  and how well it sells, or doesn't.  I am not a hunter so this type of game never appealed to me, and I'm not sure how many people will be lining up for this.  For future light games, I hope its a lot.  As I prefer them putting out older arcade titles, I would be hoping for a Crossbow, Cheyenne and Chiller cabinet myself ?.

Agree 100000% on the Exidy games! I was going to mention them but thought nah, I'd get laughed out, as they'd be a tough sell in the current mass market.

OTOH, the hardware needed to run them would save a significant amount of production cost, since well, I suspect my phone could run them these days.

I would REALLY kill for a Crossbow with the original style hardware though...

Crossbow Exidy.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe this 8-1 partycade will come to the US, it has Mappy and Xevious (needs 8 way stick):

http://powermove.com.au/arcade1up-party-cade-8-in-1-namco-pac-man-yellow-pac-p-08223-xx-8223/

api79jhjq__32916.1595816524.1280.1280.jp

FEATURES:

• Experience classic games without the need for any quarters
  • Cabinet resembles classic arcade joystick and button configuration
  • Enjoy immersive full-color, hi-resolution gaming with the built-in 17" LCD display
  • Plugs into AC outlet, no batteries needed
  • 8 games:
    • Pac-Man
    • Super Pac-Man
    • Pac n Pal
    • Galaxian
    • Galaga
    • Dig Dug
    • Mappy
    • Xevious

There are also these countercades : Pac-Man 40th anniversary 4-1, and Frogger (2 in 1):

later

Tons of releases and links :
Ms Pac-Man cocktail table:

other pre-order cabinets, big buck hunter, marvel vs capcom, ms pac-man, 

Best buy has links.

later