IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

3 hours ago, negative1 said:

i thought death adder was more recent, but if it works in emulators.

later

"TRODA" (Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder) had had trouble in Mame until apparently recently, unless I am super out of the loop.  I had an Rasp Pi machine that ran even PS1 games well, but it couldn't get TRODA right.  It was playable, but some areas missing background graphics, sound issues, things like this.

This latest Mame runs it JUST like the arcade machine, to my great excitement.  No sound issues, all the graphics are correct (particularly after the first boss when you go vertical towards the little elves; that was always missing the scrolling graphics and looked really weird and bad in prior versions).  Not saying I don't want this cab, I do and would love to have it.  But at this point I can't rationalize both the space and the $400 for it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Curious Sofa said:

"TRODA" (Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder) had had trouble in Mame until apparently recently, unless I am super out of the loop.  I had an Rasp Pi machine that ran even PS1 games well, but it couldn't get TRODA right.  It was playable, but some areas missing background graphics, sound issues, things like this.

This latest Mame runs it JUST like the arcade machine, to my great excitement.  No sound issues, all the graphics are correct (particularly after the first boss when you go vertical towards the little elves; that was always missing the scrolling graphics and looked really weird and bad in prior versions).  Not saying I don't want this cab, I do and would love to have it.  But at this point I can't rationalize both the space and the $400 for it.

Only sega fans, and collectors will get it. Its not popular enough to be sold in retail outlets, same thing happened to burgertime.

People that actually play games, only have 1 or 2 cabinets, and mod them. That's what I did, so all my bases are covered.

1 pac - man 3/4 - modded  -> covers all horizontal and vertical games

1 countercade - dig dug - modded -> covers all horizontal and vertical games.

1 countercade - ms pac-man - original

1 partycade - centipede - original 

later

Edited by negative1

for people that want a more arcade like experience at home

(should probably start a new thread):

https://arcadeheroes.com/2020/09/18/ice-launches-new-home-focused-arcade-product-line-arcade-pro/

https://homearcadegames.com/

ICE-homegameroom-1.jpg?resize=1536,1024&

mini home versions of these.. will still probably cost a lot though.

later

Edited by negative1

On 9/19/2020 at 1:06 PM, negative1 said:

Only sega fans, and collectors will get it. Its not popular enough to be sold in retail outlets, same thing happened to burgertime.

People that actually play games, only have 1 or 2 cabinets, and mod them. That's what I did, so all my bases are covered.

1 pac - man 3/4 - modded  -> covers all horizontal and vertical games

1 countercade - dig dug - modded -> covers all horizontal and vertical games.

1 countercade - ms pac-man - original

1 partycade - centipede - original 

later

But how do you play 720 if you don't have the original 720 controller?

I haven't been following Arcade1Up's releases super well so I was wondering, do they ever do multiple production runs of cabinets? I've been eyeing up a Mortal Kombat cab as a Christmas treat for myself this year but can't seem to find them with the riser in stock anywhere. Might an additional production run be coming or are Arcade1Up products a, "One and done" sorta deal?

3 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

I haven't been following Arcade1Up's releases super well so I was wondering, do they ever do multiple production runs of cabinets? I've been eyeing up a Mortal Kombat cab as a Christmas treat for myself this year but can't seem to find them with the riser in stock anywhere. Might an additional production run be coming or are Arcade1Up products a, "One and done" sorta deal?

They said they were limited runs, but theres a chance in a year or so, that they might re-release cabinets.

Pac-man has had several releases and anniversaries. but its their best selling title.

later

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Toaddio said:

Yeah, I was thinking maybe of a switcher that could swap between boards. Just a random hope. 

You'd have to build your own I'm afraid, which would be prohibitive for any number of reasons.  Only way I see this happening is if someone builds one just to see if they can.  A one off, special project etc.  

Plus keep in mind you have boards now with different revisions but more importantly different generations so now you've got different connectors etc.  

Pdubs broke the news. Outrun driving cabinet most likely confirmed.

It is listed in the Support when you put in a ticket.

You can get the Super Pac-Man patch when you put in a ticket,
they will direct you on how to download it.

There is also an 8 game QVC Asteroids partycade listed - no games mentioned though.

Also, Pac-Man plus cabinet coming also.

later

On 9/18/2020 at 11:51 PM, Curious Sofa said:

For what it's worth, TRODA plays well under Advmame in Retropie. It's a little different to set up than the lr-mames, but it's definitely an option for those running a Pi cabinet.

7 hours ago, Vrock said:

These 4 player 1Up cabinets look hideous. 4 player deck and 17" screen don't go together well for looks or playability in my opinion.

Unless you have 4 oversize adults, most people are fine. 

If it's families, its usually kids, which have plenty of space.

This is the only legal release of Golden Axe death adder.

Are you always going to be playing with 4 people, most people will just play it by themselves.

later

22 hours ago, negative1 said:

48zud6qynds51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

The first thing that went through my mind upon seeing that:

pacmatt01.jpg

CLEAR THE RUNWAY. PAC-MATT IS TAKING THE F*** OFF!!

It's like a friggin' albatross. Maybe it should be called the "Pac-Spruce-Goose" or something. It may not be wider than it is tall, but it's pretty g** d*** close.

So why is it so wide? So there can be a trackball 17 yards off to the right, of course. Trackball games are definately best played from the far, far, right. Stading in the middle where you can see would just be too convenient.

PAC-MATT, like so many of his abomination brethren doesn't seem to under-f***ing-stand the configurability of MAME, as evidenced by the long row of 5 buttons over between stick #2 and the trackball in England. You can re-use s*** there MATT, you don't need a unique button for every g** d*** thing.

I'm gonna go take a nap in the west wing of his control panel.

Taken from crapmame, where they use naughty words and ridicule bad MAME cabinets.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Haha 2