IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

29 minutes ago, sirlynxalot said:

Hopefully the control panel won't look too crowded with the trackball and whatever else they might add to make the other games on the machine playable.

There are pictures of the CP online, it looks fine to me.  This is basically the Atari 12 in 1 reinvisioned so same controls (buttons, spinner, trackball).

Edited by 128Kgames

11 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That Capcom legacy one looks like a lot of fun given the spread on the outside of the SF franchise, but I have to admit I was shocked to see Killer Instinct.  That thing is wrapped around so much stuff I'm curious how many companies had to get involved to let that one fly by.

just microsoft that owns rare.

later

2 hours ago, Zoyous said:

Not that I wish them any bad fortune, but I kind of expect that particular cabinet to not sell very well - it mainly appeals to people who know the full history of arcade games, not really the Big Buck Hunter crowd - and the price could come down fairly soon after release.

i have yet to see a single cabinet sell for a reduced price. in a major metropolitan city.

not saying it doesn't happen.

but if they don't reduce them in the 2 years i've looked, i doubt they will now.

1 hour ago, sirlynxalot said:

Really pumped for the Tempest cab, primarily because I think that particular cab design is a beautiful work of art. I'd love to figure out a mod to get Tempest 2000 on it.  Hopefully the control panel won't look too crowded with the trackball and whatever else they might add to make the other games on the machine playable. 

the tempest control panel is an absolute mess, and will confuse and confound anyone that tries to play those games on it.

hopefully they will change it before it comes out.

i'll get it, but i'm already planning on replacing buttons, spinner, trackball, and moving the buttons around.

later

Edited by negative1

6 minutes ago, negative1 said:

later

I was thinking of the old Nintendo, Rare, and even Midway thing that got the arcade back in the day.  Midway being dead and Rare with MS, I just never paid attention enough to know if Nintendo owns even one single shred of rights to the original in any way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, negative1 said:

later

The Nintendo logo features in the attract mode and also indicates that Killer Instinct is a trademark of Nintendo, rather than rare.  I think its also on the sideart of the real cab (I noticed it was not on the arcade1up's art).  Wonder if the rom will be edited to take that sort of thing out similar to how Ninja Turtles was edited to replace the traditional intro music from the show - I'd think they'd still need some kind of permission from Nintendo if it still owns the TM for the name.

Edited by sirlynxalot

2 hours ago, sirlynxalot said:

The Nintendo logo features in the attract mode and also indicates that Killer Instinct is a trademark of Nintendo, rather than rare.  I think its also on the sideart of the real cab (I noticed it was not on the arcade1up's art).  Wonder if the rom will be edited to take that sort of thing out similar to how Ninja Turtles was edited to replace the traditional intro music from the show - I'd think they'd still need some kind of permission from Nintendo if it still owns the TM for the name.

all references to nintendo have been removed on the home versions.

later

5 hours ago, sirlynxalot said:

Really pumped for the Tempest cab, primarily because I think that particular cab design is a beautiful work of art. I'd love to figure out a mod to get Tempest 2000 on it.  Hopefully the control panel won't look too crowded with the trackball and whatever else they might add to make the other games on the machine playable.  Wish the coin door was a plastic fascimile with a little depth to it like on the higher end cabs rather than the decal, but that seems easy enough to deal with, I understand they consider a cab like this to be their entry-level $299 model.

I'm never that excited about Pong, but I think the 4 player pong table is a fantastic idea and it would be wonderful to play Warlords on it.

4P Xmen is great, imo the other included games on that one aren't exciting me.  This cab is great but doesn't give me the same wow factor as some of the others, maybe because a lot of fans have been expecting an xmen cab for a long time now and the other included games don't seem to be classics regarded as well as the marquee title.

Killer Instinct is the cab I was least expecting since emulation of it really requires something beefier than an ordinary cheap android board, and all of the licensing involved in terms of getting permissions from Rare, Nintendo and maybe Microsoft.  I don't play KI much, but I'm impressed with the job they've done on it and it looks like it would be a hit. 

The other cabs look great, too. Overall, I'm very happy they are branching out from their typical arcade1up curved sidepanel design and offering some designs that resemble the lines of the original cabs a bit more.  It'll make looking at the various home arcade posts I see on social media and other places a lot more interesting when its not someone's collection of 8 arcade1ups that all have the same silhouette.

Agree on almost all of this fully, what a great event for A1up.

As for the Xmen cab, it's driving me crazy because I don't need it at all as I already have an ipac Arcade Stick mame setup that runs those games great.  But I LOVE all three games, very very much.  Especially, and I know I'm odd in this, Avengers in Galactic Storm.  Watch some video of this or better, play it a bit.  It's strange, but an addictive SF II style fighter with solid controls and funky graphics, and super overblown announcer voicing.  I've always loved this game, and am shocked to see it included as an A1up because I fee like no one cares about it but me :)  Captain America & Avengers is a great if silly old brawler, love that one too.

Very seriously drooling on the Tempest cab, for Space Duel largely, but also love having the Trak Ball and Spinner with all those compatible games.  I am likely to buy this cab though I'm short on both $ and space, it just looks too great and fills too many gaming needs to skip.  Only change I would have said would be Black Widow instead of whatever Akka Arrg is, but they're going for all TrakBall / Spinner games so I get that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Curious Sofa said:

Agree on almost all of this fully, what a great event for A1up.

Very seriously drooling on the Tempest cab, for Space Duel largely, but also love having the Trak Ball and Spinner with all those compatible games.  I am likely to buy this cab though I'm short on both $ and space, it just looks too great and fills too many gaming needs to skip.  Only change I would have said would be Black Widow instead of whatever Akka Arrg is, but they're going for all TrakBall / Spinner games so I get that.

akka arrh is a super rare prototype that only recently got emulated, story here:

link should point to the prototypes forum (not working for some reason)

arcade 1ups controls are terrible, you will have to buy a replacement spinner and trackball to play the games properly.

later

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 7:39 AM, negative1 said:

akka arrh is a super rare prototype that only recently got emulated, story here:

link should point to the prototypes forum (not working for some reason)

arcade 1ups controls are terrible, you will have to buy a replacement spinner and trackball to play the games properly.

later

How are the Spinner and Trakball on the RecRoom Masters 32" Emulator Edition, do you know?  Thinking about upgrading my Mame / emulator PC rig as the Sanwa clone sticks and buttons are annoying me with their cheap feel and such.  Might go for the EE since it has a 4-way stick, Suzo Happ buttons / sticks, and the trackball / spinner...unless those are crap too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curious Sofa said:

How are the Spinner and Trakball on the RecRoom Masters 32" Emulator Edition, do you know?  Thinking about upgrading my Mame / emulator PC rig as the Sanwa clone sticks and buttons are annoying me with their cheap feel and such.  Might go for the EE since it has a 4-way stick, Suzo Happ buttons / sticks, and the trackball / spinner...unless those are crap too.

Probably a lot better, and closer to arcade quality for that price.

later

4 hours ago, Curious Sofa said:

I don't have the 32" but I do have the AlphaCade 3/4 scale cabinet from RecRoom Masters, and it is very high quality. Even the way it was packed for shipping was top notch, very safely packed with custom packing materials such that it actually took close to an hour just to get everything unpacked and ready for assembly. I would recommend them for their cabinets as far as components and build quality - however their customer service has been lacking when I have contacted them for general inquiries following my purchase. Firstly they were strangely dismissive when I asked about custom artwork for the cabinet, and secondly they just ignored an email regarding the encoding of the controller buttons.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zoyous said:

I don't have the 32" but I do have the AlphaCade 3/4 scale cabinet from RecRoom Masters, and it is very high quality. Even the way it was packed for shipping was top notch, very safely packed with custom packing materials such that it actually took close to an hour just to get everything unpacked and ready for assembly. I would recommend them for their cabinets as far as components and build quality - however their customer service has been lacking when I have contacted them for general inquiries following my purchase. Firstly they were strangely dismissive when I asked about custom artwork for the cabinet, and secondly they just ignored an email regarding the encoding of the controller buttons.

Great to know and be aware of.  I am thinking about the 24" cab too (now called the "Xtension Jr" I think), so glad to know it's well built.  Obv doesn't have the trackball or spinner, but I like the more compact size for a lot of things.   

Very strange that they were weird about custom artwork, it seems like a big easy upsell for them.  

Tempest cab looks awesome...if they do the vector games right. The gen 1s were horrible. If they use the emulation they used for Star Wars, they should be great.

I wonder if Asteroids Deluxe will have the appropriate backdrop?

Only real downside is all those horizontal games cropped on that vertical monitor.

I have all of these games emulated on my Pi 1ups, but man that cabinet is cool.

1 hour ago, Vrock said:

Tempest cab looks awesome...if they do the vector games right. The gen 1s were horrible. If they use the emulation they used for Star Wars, they should be great.

Only real downside is all those horizontal games cropped on that vertical monitor.

i'm going by the 2 partycades that were just released, which most likely will be exactly the same games ported to this standup.

1) no, the emulation will be exactly the same as before, no changes

2) they have never used backgrounds before, so they won't now either

3) it's not even confirmed to be a vertical monitor, so it's the other way around 9/12 games horizontal 3/12 hortizontal

i have already modded my partycade, added the proper controls and settings, and all the backdrops for the

games asteroids, asteroids deluxe, lunar lander, and warlords:

this will have to be modded to do what you are expecting.

later

midway legacy cabinet:

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/arcades/full-size-arcades/products/midway-game-cabinet-with-riser-legacy-edition/11114219.html?condition=New

Iconic arcade games. Vibrant pop culture imagery that has stood the test of time. Nostalgia that transcends generations. We call this the “Legacy Edition” for a reason…make that many reasons!

GAMES:

Midway-Game-Cabinet-with-Riser-Legacy-Ed

• Mortal Kombat™
  • Mortal Kombat II™
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3™
  • Joust™
  • Defender™
  • Rampage™
  • Gauntlet™
  • Paperboy™
  • Rootbeer Tapper™
  • Bubbles™
  • Toobin™
  • Wizards of Wor™

later

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vrock said:

Pre-orders $399 - again, it will most likely be a horziontal screen (same screenshots)

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/arcades/full-size-arcades/products/atari-game-cabinet-with-riser-legacy-edition/11114220.html?condition=New&utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=VigLink&utm_campaign=10&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=je6NUbpObpQ-9uGC_fc9D8rH.bADXzNA4g

Atari-Game-Cabinet-with-Riser-Legacy-Edi

later

38 minutes ago, negative1 said:

midway legacy cabinet:

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/arcades/full-size-arcades/products/midway-game-cabinet-with-riser-legacy-edition/11114219.html?condition=New

Iconic arcade games. Vibrant pop culture imagery that has stood the test of time. Nostalgia that transcends generations. We call this the “Legacy Edition” for a reason…make that many reasons!

GAMES:

Midway-Game-Cabinet-with-Riser-Legacy-Ed

• Mortal Kombat™
  • Mortal Kombat II™
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3™
  • Joust™
  • Defender™
  • Rampage™
  • Gauntlet™
  • Paperboy™
  • Rootbeer Tapper™
  • Bubbles™
  • Toobin™
  • Wizards of Wor™

later

Rampage has to be typo or that control deck is not final.

1 hour ago, 128Kgames said:

Same screen orientation as the original 12 in 1.

right, horizontal

1 hour ago, 128Kgames said:

Rampage has to be typo or that control deck is not final.

sadly, they won't change anything,

because i don't see them adding a 3rd joystick.

basically, unless they modify the rom,

they will make it so you can only play as 2 of the characters.

later