IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

2 hours ago, negative1 said:

preview of the attack from mars pinball.

Looks great! I wonder if you could replace the backglass artwork with one of those still picture display screens (usually used for family photos or whatever) and then just manually set it to show whatever backglass artwork you want? I haven't researched those types of picture displays so I don't know if they're made in a size that would be a close match. Alternately you could just use a Raspberry Pi to drive a second display for the backglass art.

Edited by Zoyous

5 hours ago, Zoyous said:

Looks great! I wonder if you could replace the backglass artwork with one of those still picture display screens (usually used for family photos or whatever) and then just manually set it to show whatever backglass artwork you want? I haven't researched those types of picture displays so I don't know if they're made in a size that would be a close match. Alternately you could just use a Raspberry Pi to drive a second display for the backglass art.

of course, it is possible to mod it, but then it probably wouldn't interface with the solenoids, and other hardware parts.

people would have to figure out how to get all the tilt, and shaking, and plunger mechanisms working.

later

20 minutes ago, negative1 said:

of course, it is possible to mod it, but then it probably wouldn't interface with the solenoids, and other hardware parts.

people would have to figure out how to get all the tilt, and shaking, and plunger mechanisms working.

later

I'm just talking about the artwork above the simulated DMD. I don't think the backglass artwork would have to actually interface with most of the games. It's just decorative for most of these (for example, they don't have alphanumeric displays embedded in them).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, negative1 said:

here's a preview of the upcoming trackball

I'm looking forward to a more reliable & better trackball but man the footage in there of Quantum is pretty rough with the cursor moving slowly even when he increases the resolution. Not sure if that's an emulation setting that'd need to be changed but you should be able to make pretty rapid circles..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NE146 said:

I'm looking forward to a more reliable & better trackball but man the footage in there of Quantum is pretty rough with the cursor moving slowly even when he increases the resolution. Not sure if that's an emulation setting that'd need to be changed but you should be able to make pretty rapid circles..

don't go by his gameplay, quantum is fine, he just doesn't know how to play well. he didn't realize you can jump in crystal castles either.

his movements are too slow on pretty much all the games.

the thing about centipede being too sensitive is wrong too. i have version 2, and have hit a million at least 8 times with it now.

later

On 1/28/2021 at 9:41 AM, negative1 said:

don't go by his gameplay, quantum is fine, he just doesn't know how to play well. he didn't realize you can jump in crystal castles either.

his movements are too slow on pretty much all the games.

the thing about centipede being too sensitive is wrong too. i have version 2, and have hit a million at least 8 times with it now.

later

But I was going by the audio where you can clearly hear him spinning the trackball multiple times for little screen movement. That's all. 

Again, it may be a setting in the emulation, but you should be able to make little or big circles pretty easily as fast or slow as you want.

3 hours ago, Toaddio said:

What’s now the Tempest cabinet. 

it's not a complete 1-1 to mapping. there are different games on there also.

so some are better, also the button layout is pretty terrible, they have all the buttons on the wrong side for missile command,

and the spinner is an awkard place. so there will be issues right off the bat.

later

• Thanks 1

OK my father is over 60 years old. Yesterday he saw the Centipede Countercade at Game Stop. I showed it to him. We went out to eat. He loved it. Remember he got me the Street Fighter one year. Guess what today he bought the countercade for himself and me. Wow. I told him it had 2 games. He said I did not know that. He was sort of disappointed. But still likes it. I told him it had 2 games yesterday. He forgot. But unless he returns it which I say he will not. Because they only had one. And the lady said they sold out of everyone of them and had no complaints or returns. So how many owns one?No photo description available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

You know who cares if it only has two.  If you're into Centipede(and Millipede?) that much, given the design it's worth it.

Cool to know. I wanted the MS Pac Man with 4 games. We are asking Best Buy if the order it and ship it to the store. It is on their web site but not in the store. we looked Friday. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tanooki said:

You know who cares if it only has two.  If you're into Centipede(and Millipede?) that much, given the design it's worth it.

its centipede and missile command. I had one, and gave it away after replacing the terrible trackball in it.

partycades / wallcades have either 4 (gave that one away also), and 8 games on them.

later

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Elvis said:

Cool to know. I wanted the MS Pac Man with 4 games. We are asking Best Buy if the order it and ship it to the store. It is on their web site but not in the store. we looked Friday. 

i had 3 countercades. down to 1, just dig dug, which being modded.

there are tons of countercades on ebay, and they are getting cleared out in stores like walmart for $60

there is a large thread about countercades and partycades here:

go to hsn or qvc, if you want to buy the 8-1 ms pac-man, pac-man, centipede or asteroids ones.

https://www.qvc.com/Arcade1Up-8-Game-PartyCade-Portable-Home-Arcade-Machine.product.E234105.html

https://www.hsn.com/products/arcade1up-8-in-1-centipede-partycade-arcade-with-8-game/9647339?sz=6&sf=EC0313&ac=&utm_source=google&utm_medium=paidsearch-nonbrand&utm_term=%2Barcade %2B1up %2Bpartycade&utm_campaign=Electronics|VideoGamesSystems&utm_content=_pgrid_116031767240_ptaid_kwd-1116166992697_pmt_b_pkw_490422234689&gclid=Cj0KCQiAx9mABhD0ARIsAEfpavQQ2BBydQfqCmS4-l5bP72l-kC5cN4FsD7MVXkpfaHASLGQiqjwbwEaAuHqEALw_wcB

best to wait for a sale, as they usually go for $200

whichi is why they cost more, but have more games, bigger screens, and more room for the controls.

later

Edited by negative1

Good to know.  I just don't have the room at all anymore for party cades (no surface) and wallcade (no empty wall) to house that.  I'd basically have to give up my comfy oversized couch like chair, my neo geo cabinet, or the 60in1 cocktail next to it, never going to happen. :D  It's why I more prefer the small stuff when a rare one pops up I'm willing to put money on.  If the things weren't so downright sketchy and loaded with utter garbage I'd even consider a pandora thing for the TV.  If my free cocktail wasn't a bit of a mess inside with chopped wires and I knew how to do it, had the tools too, I'd add a few more buttons and a trackball to my icade.  It stupidly has such a small surface I can't mount a trackball made for it, though I could add another button.  The two now are on top of each other, room for another 2 next to it or one staggered middle, which could get weird for Gunsmoke on the thing.  It would be great if I could find another jamma board multi to jam inside there that had a new selection of vertical games.  I know there's a horizontal one that's awesome, has GnG and SMB1 on the same thing, but it would skew the screen horizontally and that would be outright unplayable. :(

20 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Good to know.  I just don't have the room at all anymore for party cades (no surface) and wallcade (no empty wall) to house that. 

actually, you don't have to give up any room for it. it's only slightly wider than the countercade.

41-8s7Lhu-L._AC_SY445_.jpg

they come with rails, so you can just put it on table, like you do with the countercade, and when 

you are done you put it in a closet. or you can put it on a door. you do have a door, right.

image.jpg

there's always ways to make room for it.

the 7 other games are way better than any countercade will have, unless you mod the countercade.

you should do that, there are many kits on ebay, which allow you to connect to the video adapter.

the newer countercades have a different video adapter compared to the old ones.

i will never mount mine on the wall or door though. a table or desk is enough. i even have some on the floor.

later

Edited by negative1

I have a door kind of, it's my storage closet with the shelves with all my guides, general books, ebay stuff, random boxes and a water heater.  This room, the twat who lived here before me demo'd out the door and removed it for a big stupid arch which I loathe as I have NO privacy and no sound barrier -- it sucks.    To remove that mess probably cost me around a $1000 to fix the damage, prep the area, buy and add a door kit, mount/install that and paint it.  Had I a door, I could strap one to it with those rails.

Personally I'd love to figure out, wish I knew someone local to help, how to tear up that iCade cabinet I have.  I'd like to think I could put a few more buttons into the cocktail, and put a new wiring harness in it that doesn't have the wiring chopped to keep it at 2 stupid buttons.  I was going to try and rig it after I got it and realized it got cut and ripped out.  It would be too much for me, but ideally would be to move the stick from slightly off center left over more to the side, add in 2-4 more buttons either neo geo or SF2 style depending.  From there just see about adding something jamma multi-game related in there, or at least, it's so empty inside pop a legit old vertically aligned game in there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/b6/73/eab673ef244d88257403402270298a16.jpg

I remember when wall-mounted arcade games were a relatively common thing.  The form factor was not a very good one from a playability standpoint.

I've never seen wall mounted arcade games in the wild in my life, wonder if these were regional?  I've lived on the East coast my whole life. 

9 hours ago, negative1 said:

i had 3 countercades. down to 1, just dig dug, which being modded.

there are tons of countercades on ebay, and they are getting cleared out in stores like walmart for $60

there is a large thread about countercades and partycades here:

go to hsn or qvc, if you want to buy the 8-1 ms pac-man, pac-man, centipede or asteroids ones.

https://www.qvc.com/Arcade1Up-8-Game-PartyCade-Portable-Home-Arcade-Machine.product.E234105.html

https://www.hsn.com/products/arcade1up-8-in-1-centipede-partycade-arcade-with-8-game/9647339?sz=6&sf=EC0313&ac=&utm_source=google&utm_medium=paidsearch-nonbrand&utm_term=%2Barcade %2B1up %2Bpartycade&utm_campaign=Electronics|VideoGamesSystems&utm_content=_pgrid_116031767240_ptaid_kwd-1116166992697_pmt_b_pkw_490422234689&gclid=Cj0KCQiAx9mABhD0ARIsAEfpavQQ2BBydQfqCmS4-l5bP72l-kC5cN4FsD7MVXkpfaHASLGQiqjwbwEaAuHqEALw_wcB

best to wait for a sale, as they usually go for $200

whichi is why they cost more, but have more games, bigger screens, and more room for the controls.

later

Are these tiny screens playable? I love Ms. Pac-Man but an 8” screen just seems rough.