IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

1 hour ago, Toaddio said:

Are these tiny screens playable? I love Ms. Pac-Man but an 8” screen just seems rough. 

countercade 8 inches are fine, since you're sitting right in front of it.

the partycades are 17 inches.

YES, i'm crazy, but i've even played the replicade 4/5 inch screens for tempest and centipede.

later

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, negative1 said:

countercade 8 inches are fine, since you're sitting right in front of it.

the partycades are 17 inches.

YES, i'm crazy, but i've even played the replicade 4/5 inch screens for tempest and centipede.

later

This was ordered and I should have it in one week. Ms. PAC-MAN, PAC-MAN PLUS, GALAGA and DIG DUG. So do you own one?

No photo description available.

2 hours ago, Elvis said:

This was ordered and I should have it in one week. Ms. PAC-MAN, PAC-MAN PLUS, GALAGA and DIG DUG. So do you own one?

It's terrible in my opinion. The visuals are blurry and my main action button is not terribly responsive.

18 hours ago, Elvis said:

It is free to me. My father bought it for me. So my 45 year old but will like it. It may not love it though? 

I have the 2 game version with super pac-man.

I can get 300,000+ on both games, the joystick is terrible, but ok for casual players.

Will be replacing with an arcade quality joystick though.

later

12 hours ago, negative1 said:

I have the 2 game version with super pac-man.

I can get 300,000+ on both games, the joystick is terrible, but ok for casual players.

Will be replacing with an arcade quality joystick though.

later

OK so we got the Centipede. Track ball is great. Sound is really nice. Great screen. No complaints at all. Light weight and looks great. 

No photo description available.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2021 at 5:21 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

It's terrible in my opinion. The visuals are blurry and my main action button is not terribly responsive.

OK so I got it. I love it. Unlike the other that had loud or no sound at all this has a volume that slides up and down. And because I'm a guitar player I have really bad tinnitus. I hear a air hose and radio static. Sometimes a ringing. So I love the volume. The visuals are great for me. I love the look. The buttons and joy stick is amazing. The games play so great. This is a wonderful product. I would have and everyone else would have killed for one in the 1980's. Dig Dugs 2 is ok but I wish was the first Digs Dug was on it. That is my only complaint. It is so wonderful and smaller than the other one. The sound is crisp and the cabinet is so cute like a Care Bare. I'm so glad we own it. Arcade 1 up did a amazing job getting the China factory of products to get some amazing quality control and finally a 9 out of a 10 for me.  :music:

Edited by Elvis
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Elvis said:

OK so I got it. I love it. Unlike the other that had loud or no sound at all this has a volume that slides up and down. And because I'm a guitar player I have really bad tinnitus. I hear a air hose and radio static. Sometimes a ringing. So I love the volume. The visuals are great for me. I love the look. The buttons and joy stick is amazing. The games play so great. This is a wonderful product. I would have and everyone else would have killed for one in the 1980's. Dig Dugs 2 is ok but I wish was the first Digs Dug was on it. That is my only complaint. It is so wonderful and smaller than the other one. The sound is crisp and the cabinet is so cute like a Care Bare. I'm so glad we own it. Arcade 1 up did a amazing job getting the China factory of products to get some amazing quality control and finally a 9 out of a 10 for me.  :music:

Great to hear. The heavy visual filtering really bugs me, but it's probably one of those things like incorrect aspect ratios that bothers some people and not others.

11 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Great to hear. The heavy visual filtering really bugs me, but it's probably one of those things like incorrect aspect ratios that bothers some people and not others.

Most Arcade 1 Up products for me is a hit or a miss. I own the Street Fighter. It is decent. But the MRS. Pacman min cade is awsome. And for me to give it a 9 out of a 10 is great and rare. And it looks so cute. 

On 2/10/2021 at 9:43 AM, Bill Loguidice said:

People who play 4:3 at 16:9 probably like vaseline on toast. Savages, the lot of them.

• Like 5

I'd like to check out these countercades, but no-one around here carries them in store anymore. Target carried them briefly last year and then up and quit. Even their site now states they are not carried in store. Oh well, one less reason for me to go to brick and mortar retail and I don't want one bad enough to try and have it delivered and probably damaged by our inept delivery services.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, simbalion said:

I'd like to check out these countercades, but no-one around here carries them in store anymore. Target carried them briefly last year and then up and quit. Even their site now states they are not carried in store. Oh well, one less reason for me to go to brick and mortar retail and I don't want one bad enough to try and have it delivered and probably damaged by our inept delivery services.

Best Buy ordered my MRS Pacman for us and it shipped to the store. 149 dollars plus tax and shipping.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 10:42 AM, simbalion said:

There are about 60 on ebay right now. Half are decently priced starting at $120.

I bought a used Centipede one for $100, and it was fine.

But there are new, unused ones too.

They're not hard to pack right, and have plenty of protection.

I've gotten 4 partycades, and 3 countercades in the mail. Haven't had one scratch on them during shipping.

I wouldn't go higher than $150 for a brand new one.

later

Edited by negative1
  • Like 1

official announcement, release and preorder coming:

https://arcade1up.com/collections/cabinets/products/midway-legacy-edition-arcade-cabinet

midwaylegacy_1000x1500_05_600x.png?v=161

Twelve games, one cabinet, unlimited retro gaming fun. Add the Midway Legacy Edition to your home and have a BLAST anytime…no quarters required!

Brought to you by Arcade1Up, this is an absolute must-have for your family game room, game cave, or even in the office. Arcade1Up home arcade cabinets play great, look great, and are instant conversation pieces.

And whoa, what a phenomenally eclectic game list this is. Mortal Kombat™, Mortal Kombat II™, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3™, Joust™, Defender™, Rampage™, Gauntlet™, Paperboy™, Rootbeer Tapper™, Bubbles™, Toobin™, and Wizard of Wor™. ALL included. Switch up to any included game at will with the easy to navigate on-screen menus. Additionally, this Midway Legacy Edition includes a custom riser, if you need to give it some lift!

Games:

Mortal Kombat™

Mortal Kombat II™

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3™

Joust™

Defender™

Rampage™

Gauntlet™

Paperboy™

Rootbeer Tapper™

Bubbles™

Toobin™

Wizard of Wor™

MIDWAY and all related characters and elements are trademark of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc (s20)

later

6 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

So 2 player Rampage makes no sense, and I wonder if Defender will be any better with is layout.

I'm not sure if it's just my perception, but it really seems as though the short amount of time between cabinet releases is noticeably resulting in a 'quantity over quality' approach.

Edited by x=usr(1536)

6 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

So 2 player Rampage makes no sense, and I wonder if Defender will be any better with is layout.

it can't possibly be any worse.

14 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

I'm not sure if it's just my perception, but it really seems as though the short amount of time between cabinet releases is noticeably resulting in a 'quantity over quality' approach.

the legacy line up is to cover all the old cabinets, and people can get rid of those, and consolidate 3 of them into 1,

it also gives new owners much more bang for their buck. and the quality is much better than the earlier cabinets.

later

42 minutes ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Paperboy with a digital stick is going to suck hard. Should've saved that one for an analog/gimbal cab with 720, APB, and Food Fight.

Arcade 1up selection can be good, but control mapping is terrible. Fortunately the vast majority of players won't have a clue or care,

because its 'paperboy'.

Not like 'star wars' or outrun, etc.

later