IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2021 at 1:52 PM, negative1 said:

switcher for 4-8 way coming for tron joystick, but can be used for others:

later

2 different models actually: one for Glen's Tron joystick, one that's Sanwa compatible.  Hoping the Sanwa model will work on MVSX, and should work on iiRcade.  

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 12:52 PM, negative1 said:

switcher for 4-8 way coming for tron joystick, but can be used for others:

later

I'm wondering how well this would hold up in the long term.  It doesn't look as beefy as Ultimarc's ServoStik, but if it was designed specifically for use in the Arcade 1UP cabinets that may not need to be as much of a consideration.

8 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

I'm wondering how well this would hold up in the long term.  It doesn't look as beefy as Ultimarc's ServoStik, but if it was designed specifically for use in the Arcade 1UP cabinets that may not need to be as much of a consideration.

While Glen's line may have started with 1Up, his quality far exceeds theirs.  Plus his Tron joystick works in any system, not just 1Up.  Also, there is a second model designed to work with Sanwa sticks and clones, so that covers Marvel Super Heroes LTD ED, iiRcade Dragon's Lair and Black Edition cabinets, plus any sticks that are clones.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

While Glen's line may have started with 1Up, his quality far exceeds theirs.  Plus his Tron joystick works in any system, not just 1Up.  Also, there is a second model designed to work with Sanwa sticks and clones, so that covers Marvel Super Heroes LTD ED, iiRcade Dragon's Lair and Black Edition cabinets, plus any sticks that are clones.

All of which is fine.  Being perfectly honest here, I really have no interest in either his or Arcade 1UP's cabinets, but I am always interested in seeing different (or reproduction) designs for arcade controls.

I've installed and used the Ultimarc ServoStik a couple of times in the past, and was pretty impressed with its quality.  It'd be interesting from my perspective to see how this one compares.

12 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

All of which is fine.  Being perfectly honest here, I really have no interest in either his or Arcade 1UP's cabinets, but I am always interested in seeing different (or reproduction) designs for arcade controls.

I've installed and used the Ultimarc ServoStik a couple of times in the past, and was pretty impressed with its quality.  It'd be interesting from my perspective to see how this one compares.

When compared to prosumer, and arcade quality, the price is always the factor.

If you spend more, you're getting a hopefully much better product.

So Glen's will fit the more budget conscious consumer, with good quality hardware.

later

2 hours ago, negative1 said:

When compared to prosumer, and arcade quality, the price is always the factor.

If you spend more, you're getting a hopefully much better product.

I agree that that's the hope.  However, that's also why I tend to look at overall suitability (including durability and build quality) first and price second.  Granted, that may put things out of my financial reach either temporarily or permanently, but that's the point where looking for alternatives may come in.

2 hours ago, negative1 said:

So Glen's will fit the more budget conscious consumer, with good quality hardware.

Which would be a fantastic balance to strike, and I would hope that he's able to do it.  Having options is almost always a good thing.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 11:56 AM, negative1 said:

Arcade 1up selection can be good, but control mapping is terrible. Fortunately the vast majority of players won't have a clue or care,

because its 'paperboy'.

Not like 'star wars' or outrun, etc.

later

I had forgotten about Paperboy having the handlebars controller at the arcade. When I saw you two discussing the Paperboy controls it took a moment to recall what you where talking about. Most of my experience with Paperboy was with the NES port. 

I don’t think I ever played Paperboy at the arcade, but an older kid in the neighborhood brought it up when my brother bought it for the NES back in the late 80s.  The older kid thought the handlebars controller was the coolest

I guess the WB Games owns it from when they bought some of the Midway arcade properties and NetherRealms studios after Midway went bankrupt or whatever.  That would explain why Rampage is just being tossed in on a two player machine too. Warner Brothers doesn’t know what to do with the arcade games. Their biggest investment into a non-Mortal Kombat Midway arcade game is making that dumb Rampage movie.  It would be nice if WB cared more about the old arcade games that they control. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, systemUser said:

Their biggest investment into a non-Mortal Kombat Midway arcade game is making that dumb Rampage movie.  It would be nice if WB cared more about the old arcade games that they control. 

The Rampage movie actually made sense, concerning the plot, and putting all the videogame references in it.

Mortal Kombat movies have had their ups and downs, but the animated ones are very good, as was the webisodes.

The new movie might be ok.

later

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Zoyous said:

I don't understand why they couldn't keep the original angle of the marquee. That would be on my list of mods.

If they can't even position the buttons on the correct side, you think they could do anything else right? ? 

Just more proof the could care less about the consumer.

23 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

They actually released this without correcting the physical button layout?  What idiots...

buttons are mapped to both sides, so its still 'playable'.

doubt there's anyone out there thats a master of missile command playing it.

the bigger problem is the screen is horizontal. so all the vertical games look off.

later

6 hours ago, negative1 said:

buttons are mapped to both sides, so its still 'playable'.

doubt there's anyone out there thats a master of missile command playing it.

the bigger problem is the screen is horizontal. so all the vertical games look off.

later

Playable?  How?  It's worse than playing Defender on the Rampage cabinet.  

The original 12 in 1 had a horizontal screen so its no different, if you go by the majority of the games just like the first 12 in 1 how many of these are vertical: Centipede, Millipede, Tempest, and ... ?

I don't see the screen being the bigger problem, so we'll have to agree to disagree. 

Still glad I have the first wave Centipede and Atari 12 in 1 in my collection.  Looks like Arcade1up has joined the big tyme corporate mentality of caring less about their customer base, the writing has been on the wall with them for a while now. 

Glad I picked up an iiRcade...

That whole thing looks retarded. From the angled glass, to the mini-size, to funky control layout. And playing centipede on a tempest remake cabinet? Sacrilege 2 B shur.,

But then again these are going to audiences that may never have played the real games back in the day.

But then again and again. Who gives a rats ass. It is what it is!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1