IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

1 hour ago, 128Kgames said:

The Supreme Mortal Combat was uglier than shit, and sold out to morons thinking it was bitcoin.  Nobody in their right mind picked that up.  Assuming people are going to keep buying whatever they put out will be their downfall.

supreme was a limited release that sold out. nothing wrong with that.

what downfall? they're at 2 million cabinets annually and rising.

not sure what you think is going on.

later

Edited by negative1

6 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

The Supreme Mortal Combat was uglier than shit, and sold out to morons thinking it was bitcoin.  Nobody in their right mind picked that up.  Assuming people are going to keep buying whatever they put out will be their downfall.

Hahha. Anything "arcade fighting" is uglier than shit.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

We're fine, thanks.

Love what you’re doing even if some things aren’t perfect. I had to replace the spinner on my original 12-1. Does the new Tempest cab have a weighted, free spinner? It’s a beautiful design. 

I once also sent in a suggestion for a Sega super scaler cab. I’ll make the same suggestion again. 

Space Harrier

Afterburner

Thunder Blade

Galaxy Force II

To anyone else, if I replace my original Galaga/Galaxian cab with the new Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga combo, where is the best place to find retro kits that worth with Arcade1up cabs? Not looking for 5000 unlicensed games, just a way to have a cab with more vertical friendly games than Galaxian.

35 minutes ago, Toaddio said:

Love what you’re doing even if some things aren’t perfect. I had to replace the spinner on my original 12-1. Does the new Tempest cab have a weighted, free spinner? It’s a beautiful design. 

I once also sent in a suggestion for a Sega super scaler cab. I’ll make the same suggestion again. 

Space Harrier

Afterburner

Thunder Blade

Galaxy Force II

To anyone else, if I replace my original Galaga/Galaxian cab with the new Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga combo, where is the best place to find retro kits that worth with Arcade1up cabs? Not looking for 5000 unlicensed games, just a way to have a cab with more vertical friendly games than Galaxian.

Apparently the new spinner is crap too, which makes absolutely no sense: 1Up sold a replacement spinner for the Gen 1 cabs that worked fantastic.  For some reason, that's not what they used on the Tempest cab.  It's like 1Up wants you to fix their mistakes out of your own pocket.  Might as well replace the whole control panel while you're at it to fix those buttons...

11 hours ago, negative1 said:

supreme was a limited release that sold out. nothing wrong with that.

what downfall? they're at 2 million cabinets annually and rising.

not sure what you think is going on.

later

Give it time...

1 hour ago, Toaddio said:

Space Harrier

Afterburner

Thunder Blade

Galaxy Force II

Not me. I was referring to his AtGames comment. I don't work for Arcade1Up. 

1 hour ago, 128Kgames said:

Apparently the new spinner is crap too, which makes absolutely no sense: 1Up sold a replacement spinner for the Gen 1 cabs that worked fantastic.  For some reason, that's not what they used on the Tempest cab.  It's like 1Up wants you to fix their mistakes out of your own pocket.  Might as well replace the whole control panel while you're at it to fix those buttons...

That sucks, if true. 

12 minutes ago, Toaddio said:

That sucks, if true. 

In the review videos, it spins like one rotation; better than the 1st gen cabs but that wasn't a spinner anyway but a dial which clicked in various positions.  

Spinners gonna spin...

18 hours ago, negative1 said:

guess  you never saw the original sf2.

it will still sell out, and won't miss you. the wifi is the selling point, along with a better game selection.

anybody that only looks at the games, and doesn't play them, are niche.

later

Why are you such a condescending ass?

I think the cabinet is ugly. Feel free to disagree. 

• Like 1

There are always things to criticize with aesthetics. I don't think any of the cabinets released - even the Arcade1Up ones - are truly perfect or universally beloved. For instance, the new 1981 anniversary cabinet is criticized for having a pure Ms. Pac-Man wrap-around on the screen instead of a split, and a lot of people also don't like the visual of the 1981 on the bottom of the base. Probably the least offensive ones are the ones like the MVSx, which are pretty plain overall and mostly authentic to the original, although even that cabinet is weird looking when using the base because of the double coin doors. 

• Like 2

Arcade1up is far from perfect but they have made progress on their cab design through paying attention to their customers and the third party market. The  class of 1981 cab looks superior to the gen 1 Galaga I have. I find their four player cabs to be pretty darned ugly given how that control deck doesn't mesh well with the small monitor, but the 17" monitor seems here to stay unfortunately. They do need to get their act together with that spinner, though.

Edited by Vrock
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Vrock said:

Arcade1up is far from perfect but they have made progress on their cab design through paying attention to their customers and the third party market. The  class of 1981 cab looks superior to the gen 1 Galaga I have. I find their four player cabs to be pretty darned ugly given how that control deck doesn't mesh well with the small monitor, but the 17" monitor seems here to stay unfortunately. They do need to get their act together with that spinner, though.

Progress - somewhat, but they have also taken 1 step forward, 2 steps back clearly on some cabinets.  The Legacy 12 in 1 for instance, no forgiving that.  I for one was looking forward to it as a possible replacement for my 1st gen Atari 12 in 1, but not now.  It just seems no one actually plays these games in prototype form before signing off on the final design.  I hear the control deck on the legacy cabs is not convenient or comfortable for some players.  Same thing with high scores not saving and unlockable characters not staying unlocked.  Also, unless Simpsons has some out of this world unlocks, that's mighty steep for one game.  

On 6/12/2021 at 12:09 PM, Vrock said:

Why are you such a condescending a**?

I think the cabinet is ugly. Feel free to disagree. 

people looking for an excuse not to buy a cabinet are always there.

you wouldn't have bought it, even if it was perfect, because there are always nitpickers out there.

if you think the original is ugly, why would you care how this one looks. the whole point is to try

to emulate the aesthetics of the original.

nobody but critics care how a cabinet looks, if you actually want to play the game, and the great

selection of games, with wifi against other players. its not going to matter.

later

Edited by negative1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

Progress - somewhat, but they have also taken 1 step forward, 2 steps back clearly on some cabinets.  The Legacy 12 in 1 for instance, no forgiving that.  I for one was looking forward to it as a possible replacement for my 1st gen Atari 12 in 1, but not now.  It just seems no one actually plays these games in prototype form before signing off on the final design.

if you actually watch the videos i post, or listen to people that know how to play these games properly

you will see that its not that big an issue.

i'm pretty good at most, not all of them, and have seen videos from other players that are good at them.

so i would be able to tell if there's a problem playing them.

they are using the same controls and hardware as the partycades, which i'm very familiar with.

also, most of the games, except 'space duel', have been released before.

there's nothing wrong with the atari legacy controls, except for one button placemement on missile command.

that only impacts people that are experts at the game. for 99% of the public, no one cares.

if it's that much of a deal breaker, just mod it yourself.

i plan on getting it, and i have no problem with it, since i'm going to replace the controls anyways, like i do with all of the previous

ones i own.

its ok to look for excuses to not get something, but i would only avoid it, if it was a serious

defect, or issue, that makes games unplayable, which isn't the case here.

later

Edited by negative1

1 hour ago, negative1 said:

people looking for an excuse not to buy a cabinet are always there.

you wouldn't have bought it, even if it was perfect, because there are always nitpickers out there.

if you think the original is ugly, why would you care how this one looks. the whole point is to try

to emulate the aesthetics of the original.

nobody but critics care how a cabinet looks, if you actually want to play the game, and the great

selection of games, with wifi against other players. its not going to matter.

later

I agree with some of what you're saying, but in another way it makes me wonder what you're contributing in QA or whatever advisory capacity you're in. As far as the appearance of the cabinet, there is certainly a significant portion of people who will spend more time looking at these cabinets and just having them around as retro works of art than will actually play them. That lines up with the segment of the market that is drawn to the accuracy of the miniatures made by New Wave Toys and Numskull. Yes, there's always something to nitpick but we have seen improvements along the way, so there is still a purpose to discussing what looks good and what could be better.

As far as actual gameplay is concerned, you can say that only a tiny percentage of people are experts and will ever notice any problems. But for better or worse, these cabinets are going to drive arcade gaming into the future and some fraction of casual players who try these replica cabinets will discover that they have a lot of talent that they can then develop into highly skilled play. So an expert like yourself should really be advocating for those players and that possibility rather than just shrugging and saying most people can't play well enough to ever notice a problem with the control layout. "Most people won't notice" is the position already taken by the bean counters. There needs to be experts with a seat at the table (i.e., you) who can articulate why it's worth the extra effort to make the design better.

9 hours ago, negative1 said:

Here's an update on the X-men 4 player:

https://arcade1up.com/products/x-men-4-player-arcade-cabinet

xmen_4player_lifestyle_600x.jpg?v=161030

later

Well, dang.  Even though I have these games on a multicab...I was considering it maybe 15%, as I love all three games and the art is good.

But...here's a significant issue as a fan of Avengers in Galactic Storm:

image.thumb.png.75663d5917f83e8bcc13a5ed5f806950.png

AGS uses Four buttons.  And they are forcing P1 to be on the far left and P2 to be on the far right; the two "middle" players only have three buttons. ?

Screen is small enough as is (and looks even smaller on the 4p cabs like this), much less if you are having to stand off to the side.

And on that note also, remember how Xmen Arcade used to have two large wide screens on the deluxe version?  This might just be a bit too far off from that to truly enjoy.  I know they have a format that A1up uses and it's been successful.  I just think this could have been oh, so much better with a couple of changes (if significant in the case of the screen).

10 hours ago, negative1 said:

if you actually watch the videos i post, or listen to people that know how to play these games properly

you will see that its not that big an issue.

i'm pretty good at most, not all of them, and have seen videos from other players that are good at them.

so i would be able to tell if there's a problem playing them.

they are using the same controls and hardware as the partycades, which i'm very familiar with.

also, most of the games, except 'space duel', have been released before.

there's nothing wrong with the atari legacy controls, except for one button placemement on missile command.

that only impacts people that are experts at the game. for 99% of the public, no one cares.

if it's that much of a deal breaker, just mod it yourself.

i plan on getting it, and i have no problem with it, since i'm going to replace the controls anyways, like i do with all of the previous

ones i own.

its ok to look for excuses to not get something, but i would only avoid it, if it was a serious

defect, or issue, that makes games unplayable, which isn't the case here.

later

Sorry, but not everybody is a "pinball wizard" and to assume its only you and a select few who "know how to play" is just plain arrogance.  So yeah I'll stick with watching the average joe's video's thank you and not someone who claims to do QA for the manufacturer.  

So you're saying the spinner on the Legacy Atari cab actually spins more than 1 or two revolutions?  So what PDubs got a bum cabinet? (3 minutes 55 seconds in):

Oh and mod it myself?  That's so 2018!  Sorry, I never bought these cabs to mod, I bought them for what they were, $300.00 3/4 cabs.  If "mod it yourself" is Arcade1Ups new logo, I'm not surprised by what they're putting out.  

Examining a product and coming to the conclusion that's its just not up the standards I expect isn't coming up with an excuse, its being an educated consumer.  If 1Up wanted my money they should have built the cab correctly, period.  

People will and have moved on to other companies, as its apparent 1Up is just out for the cash grab, customers be damned.  

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 7:17 PM, 128Kgames said:

Sorry, but not everybody is a "pinball wizard" and to assume its only you and a select few who "know how to play" is just plain arrogance.  So yeah I'll stick with watching the average joe's video's thank you and not someone who claims to do QA for the manufacturer.  

Oh and mod it myself?  That's so 2018!  Sorry, I never bought these cabs to mod, I bought them for what they were, $300.00 3/4 cabs.  If "mod it yourself" is Arcade1Ups new logo, I'm not surprised by what they're putting out.  

Examining a product and coming to the conclusion that's its just not up the standards I expect isn't coming up with an excuse, its being an educated consumer.  If 1Up wanted my money they should have built the cab correctly, period.  

People will and have moved on to other companies, as its apparent 1Up is just out for the cash grab, customers be damned.  

well good, obviously Atgames Legends is the machine you and everyone should be buying, because

it suits all your needs, and doesn't have any issues.

i signed an NDA for the quality assurance, so i cant really say much more about it, other than i'm in it,

along with about 50 plus more people.

later