IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

17 hours ago, teh_lurv said:

What bugs me about that SF2 Projectorcade is it looks like it keeps the same control deck width as the A1U cabs. Given how cramped the cabs are with two players side-by-side, you'd think A1U would expand the width equal to a full-size cabinet.

we'll have to wait until they come out. since they are HDMI, i am guessing,

i will get the atari 12-1 to test out.

then we'll know the size.

later

2 hours ago, Vrock said:

Hope you got it for a good price.. The vector emulation is rough on that cab, and the gen 1 monitor makes it look even worse. 

Nah, its fine for what it is.  I've got the Asteroids Deluxe cab and the 12 in 1, they're fine. 

3 hours ago, Vrock said:

Hope you got it for a good price.. The vector emulation is rough on that cab, and the gen 1 monitor makes it look even worse. 

I got it for $80, I should be able to do several nice upgrades and still come in for a fair bit less than when it was new. As for the appearance of the vectors, it doesn't bother me.

I was looking at the size of the cabinet and wondering if there would be enough space in a cabinet of this type to do a proper Asteroids Deluxe with the two-way mirror and blacklight painted background (or a second screen to include other games that used a similar technique, like Omega Race), or if I'd need to build my own from scratch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vrock said:

You did great for $80. Thought about modding into a Pi cab? 

I'm definitely considering it. I've only read about Raspberry Pi's though, no hands on experience with them yet. If I go that route, what I would want would be to set it up with a small group of games that work well with the Asteroids + spinner layout. (No desire to add joysticks or otherwise change the control panel layout, because I already have another MAME cabinet with joysticks.) And I'd want to have a nice front end that loads up automatically when you power on the cabinet and shuts off safely when you power it down.

Plenty of great games for that layout, and you get the benefit of better vector emulation and backdrops for games like Asteroids Deluxe and Armor Attack. There's even room on the Arcade 1up deck to add a joystick if you want. 

Retropie goes straight into a front end called Emulation Station, and you can also safely shut down from there. If you plug your PI, monitor, and speakers into a power strip, after shut down you just flip the switch on the power strip and you're good to go.

7 hours ago, Zoyous said:

I'm definitely considering it. I've only read about Raspberry Pi's though, no hands on experience with them yet. If I go that route, what I would want would be to set it up with a small group of games that work well with the Asteroids + spinner layout. (No desire to add joysticks or otherwise change the control panel layout, because I already have another MAME cabinet with joysticks.) And I'd want to have a nice front end that loads up automatically when you power on the cabinet and shuts off safely when you power it down.

I did all that with a PC, and much better results. Although I used an all in one.

backdrops and vector games look better, and are a big improvement.

later

6 hours ago, negative1 said:

I did all that with a PC, and much better results. Although I used an all in one.

I may have asked this before but you guys who are replacing the monitors in your old A1up cabs.. what are you using? I have a 12-1 with a dead monitor. I have plans for it, but I have to figure out a suitable monitor first ?

9 hours ago, Vrock said:

I see. So you mounted the monitor into the cab, then?

Have you considered a front end so you can ditch the mouse interface? Plenty of good ones out there.

i can't stand any of the front-ends out there. none of them do what i want,

i want a basic simple, customizable one, and most are way too bloated.

i'm not using a mouse, i have a trackball, and spinner connected. I'm also

hooking up a major havoc 'roller' USB replica to it also.

i want complete control of the icons, which game, and where they are placed.

so that's why i chose that one.

later

Edited by negative1

Latest update : Simpsons presale will probably be in August according to latest post

X-men pre-orders : Sold out - Arcade 1up - $699

Target : $599 with free shipping, stool - Sold Out

https://www.target.com/p/arcade1up-marvel-x-men-home-arcade-with-stool-and-riser/-/A-82686745

GUEST_595a4190-e675-46cd-987b-97d43ec9dd

Highlights
X-Men 4-Player Arcade
Captain America and the Avengers
The Avengers in Galactic Storm
17" Color LCD screen
Custom Riser
Light-Up Marquee
Molded Coin Door
Assembled Dimensions: 11.25" x 24 x 48
Weight: 88lbs
Real-Feel Arcade Controls
Coinless operation
Adjustable Variable Volume
Light Up Deck Protector
Anti-Tip Over Strap
On-Screen Game Selection Menu
In Game Settings Menu
Plugs into an AC outlet
Easy Assembly
By Tastemakers, LLC
Fully Licensed
Adjustable arcade stool with extending legs
Height adjusts from 21.5” to 29.5”
Chrome-plated steel frame
High-density foam padding

i'm sure they will update, along with gametop, best buy, etc.

later