IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

23 minutes ago, negative1 said:

Terminator 2:

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/electronics/arcade1up-terminator-with-riser-light/1220000273153-item.html?ikwid=arcade1up&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=3#algoliaQueryId=602bc92d922ddc9f17913d03f59d5721

1.jpg?width=800

In 1991, visionary director James Cameron changed cinema forever with Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Its thrilling action sequences and groundbreaking visual effects mesmerized audiences, and arcade enthusiasts clamored for a video game adaptation. In anticipation, Midway developed T2 the arcade game simultaneously with the film’s production and release. Utilizing sleek light guns for one or two players to play the roles of T-800 cyborgs, the game featured Arnold Schwarzenegger, Robert Patrick, and Eddie Furlong reprising their respective roles in digitized footage. The game was a blockbuster hit 1991, and now 30 years later, Arcade1Up is thrilled to produce this title in a home arcade form factor. Arcade1Up game cabinets have quickly become absolute must-haves for retrogame enthusiasts and pop-culture collectors; they play great, look great, and are instant conversation pieces. With T2, Arcade1Up fans will get their hands on one of the most requested titles ever.

Specifications:

• 17" Color LCD screen • Matching Riser • Light-Up Marquee • Live Leader Board • Two Guns with force feedback • Real-Feel Arcade Controls • Coinless operation • Adjustable Volume • Clear Deck Protector • Anti-Tip Over Strap • On-Screen Game Selection Menu • Plugs into an AC outlet • Easy Assembly • Two Guns with force feedback • By Tastemakers, LLC

later

I'm not even the worlds biggest T2 Arcade game fan, but this cab (and the Tron one) is NICE.  Any idea, -1, is that using Sinden tech for the light guns?  IIRC that's what was done with Buck Hunter...

This just seems like a GREAT cab to add for those who say, have a Track ball cab, a Multicade with joysticks, Star Wars with flight Yoke, etc.

I am still holding out (and may have to be for a VERY long time) for Virtua Cop / House of the Dead, personally...but that said, this is pretty sweet and will probably be a huge hit if they did it right.

1 hour ago, Hydro Thunder said:

I'm not even the worlds biggest T2 Arcade game fan, but this cab (and the Tron one) is NICE.  Any idea, -1, is that using Sinden tech for the light guns?  IIRC that's what was done with Buck Hunter...

This just seems like a GREAT cab to add for those who say, have a Track ball cab, a Multicade with joysticks, Star Wars with flight Yoke, etc.

I am still holding out (and may have to be for a VERY long time) for Virtua Cop / House of the Dead, personally...but that said, this is pretty sweet and will probably be a huge hit if they did it right.

Until Arcade 1up comes out with details not sure. Maybe they will use the same guns, with just tracking onscreen. Unlike the Arcade version that had fixed positional guns.

later

15 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

From what I read online, T2 wasn't a light gun game, the guns were basically joysticks pointing in the direction you fire, so there's not need for that.  This info was in the posted in the Arcade1Up Deals and Discussion group on Facebook by Luis Chambers. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, negative1 said:

Tron:

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/electronics/arcade1up-tron-bundle-with-riser/195570001899-item.html?

ikwid=arcade1up&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=2#algoliaQueryId=602bc92d922ddc9f17913d03f59d5721

1.jpg?width=800

The Arcade1Up Tron™ home arcade cabinet stays true to what made the game such a draw in 1982, right down to its signature inner lit blue joystick. Also included is the marquee game’s sequel, Discs of Tron™. With its beautifully vibrant cabinet artwork, along with matching riser, stool, and crisp display graphics, the Arcade1Up Tron™ home arcade cabinet is an icon of ‘80s culture, and a stunning addition to your home.

Specifications: • Custom Shaped “Cabinet “ Design • 2 games in 1 • Custom Riser • Light-up Marquee • Light-up Deck Protector • Light-up Flight Stick • Blacklight Effects • Weight: 82lbs. • Real-Feel Arcade Controls • Coinless operation • Adjustable Variable Volume • Anti-Tip Over Strap • On-Screen Game Selections • In Game Settings Menu • Plugs into and AC outlet • Easy Assembly • By Tastemakers, LLC • Fully Licensed Stool Specifications: • Adjustable arcade stool with extending legs • Height adjusts from 21.5” to 29.5” • Chrome-plated steel frame • High-density foam padding

Nice job grabbing and posting these especially with them being taken down.  I wonder if 1Up licensed Glen's new GRS Disc's of Tron joystick and his new spinner that moves up and down for Disc's of Tron?  I really, really hope they don't mess this up and cheap out on the controls.  

This is probably the last 1Up cab I would finally pick up if it lives up to its expectations.  I know a lot of people don't love either game, but this will be a very cool cab if they manage to pull it off correctly.  Now if only they'd make and environmental sit down Disc's of Tron version...

Edited by 128Kgames

What is the driving force behind the 3/4 minicab style these days? Is it because a full-size cab is too costly and bulky? Too bulky and space-consuming for the home? Or just cost cutting? Or Something else?

25 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

Nice job grabbing and posting these especially with them being taken down.

Why'd it get taken down? A DMCA complaint by disney?

I know a lot of people don't love either game, but this will be a very cool cab if they manage to pull it off correctly.

I never liked the original TRON game all the much. It was nice and dark and moody. Had that characteristic Kozmik Kroozr & Crater Raider sound to it. Loved that. But the game was simply too hard for me, as were many.

Dotron was different. Still hard. But at least I could progress through the levels. Lots of good stories to tell with that one.

Now if only they'd make and environmental sit down Disc's of Tron version...

Yes. Something tells me it would have to undergo all sorts of regulatory testing if it's furniture. And enclosed furniture at that. While straightforward, the added cost could break ass-tight business model these companies operate under.

Does anyone know the difference between Dotron and Dotrone game code? Never played the stand-up version so I have recollection or frame of reference to make a comparison.

the reason these get taken down, is because they haven't been officially announced.

they were just probably pushed through their inventory listings, before confirming about

the release with arcade 1up.

-----------------

real cabinets are alway a pain

-

maintaining a CRT

finding a working cabinet

moving a working cabinet

the price might be the same, but the maintenance of a real one, will wear almost anybody out.

later

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Keatah said:

What is the driving force behind the 3/4 minicab style these days? Is it because a full-size cab is too costly and bulky? Too bulky and space-consuming for the home? Or just cost cutting? Or Something else?

This is something that I've been trying to figure out as well.  None of their cabs (at least, the ones I've seen in the flesh) are full-sized, but with a riser attached they're larger than the average cabaret cabinet.  Take away the riser and they're not really cabaret-sized, but are bigger than a Moppet Video cabinet.

I get that part of the appeal is that you don't have to lug 300-plus pounds of 40-year-old plywood and electronics in a domestic setting that it was never designed for, but the form factor has always seemed somewhat arbitrary to me.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

I get that part of the appeal is that you don't have to lug 300-plus pounds of 40-year-old plywood and electronics in a domestic setting that it was never designed for, but the form factor has always seemed somewhat arbitrary to me.

Ha-ha indeed. And those 300lb beasts even stink up a room something fierce. Either from the rot & stench of age. Mold spewing dust. Or from the VOCs after a restore & rebuild. So not for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keatah said:

What I've heard is that it's so they can be flat-packed and fit on retail store shelves.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, negative1 said:

real cabinets are always a pain

maintaining a CRT

finding a working cabinet

moving a working cabinet

the price might be the same, but the maintenance of a real one, will wear almost anybody out.

Dear god yes. All of that and more. Granted all of that can be 100% turnkey and handled by contractors if you throw enough money at the problem. But I guess not may of us are actually doing that.

And they really are out of place, these big-oxen things.. Only place they fit is in a complete "coming-of-age" 80's arcade room. Not some old fart hoarder reminiscing 24/7. Or messing up the decor of an otherwise nice living room.

As far as maintenance. There's just tons of stuff that needs attention. Contacts, caps, power supplies, CRT's color and alignment and brightness and burn-in, switches, buttons, physical fitment of sub-assemblies and the cab itself, cleaning, deodorizing, IC chip re-seating, electrical component tolerances and aging.. And so much more!

I got to watching Arcade Jason on youtube and was utterly mesmerized as he goes through all that stuff (and more) when spiffing up a cab. Something I'm happy to stay 5 miles away from.

• Like 2

I don't know what the design life of an arcade cab was specified out to be. Nor do I know what the warranty and support periods were. But I would imagine and guess it was somewhere around 2-5 years. With the exception of some steel parts and other individual items/parts, which could last much longer separately on their own.

I did notice the early arcades I went to didn't have maintenance shops or a backroom supply cache where a game could be taken and torn down and be rebuilt or repaired. But as the 1990's approached - the larger arcades started having these things. I interviewed for a job once at one, and got a brief tour. Place had hundreds of PCBs lining the walls, coin mechs piled 5 high. Parts drawers overflowing. A bench that appeared to have a 100% duty cycle. It was a truly frightening place to visit - for some reason.

TRIVIA: Early data sheets for EPROMS claim 50-200 data retention. With the note "if properly programmed". Comparatively speaking that's forever in the world of electronics. But pretty damned short from a preservationists point. And modern Flash tech is much less. Sometimes as short at 5 years or less.

A great video overview

From Cooltoy:

Cabinets
-------------
Arcade1Up Killer Instinct Arcade Machine: https://amzn.to/3rLTiQT

Arcade1Up Tron Arcade Machine (w/Riser and Stool): https://amzn.to/37935GT

Cocktail
--------------
Arcade1Up Marvel vs Capcom Head-to-Head Arcade Table: https://amzn.to/3zTVGrj

Arcade1Up Pac-man Collection Head-to-Head Arcade Table: https://amzn.to/3zSLlMs

Arcade1Up Mortal Kombat/Midway Collection Head-to-Head Arcade Table: https://amzn.to/378z5ex

Childrens
--------------
Arcade1Up Pac-man Jr Arcade Machine (w/Stool): https://amzn.to/3fgPGkR

Arcade1Up Paw Patrol Jr Arcade Machine (w/Stool): https://amzn.to/3jblzvY

later

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, negative1 said:

Yeah, people are really loving that Pac-Man cab...

5 hours ago, negative1 said:

Looks nicer than the original Galaga cab. Only thing is, the riser is partially obscuring the side art. And it really should have Galaga '88 and Gaplus.