IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

6 hours ago, thanatos said:

Tron is on the main website.

Dammit.  Guess I'm ordering it right now.

That's one I would like to have for the look, but I'm afraid I would get bored with the games. I played them quite a bit in their time. This would definitely have a WOW factor for guests in my arcade.

• Like 2

Here's my current arcade in progress: 

arcade1.thumb.JPG.3f4d00722037b3190718ab26bfea6c97.JPG

I figure I can get 8 or 9 cabs total in this back room. I got the ones I really wanted, now I'm going to try and patiently wait for ideal additions. I do want the Mortal Kombat II legacy though, but I need to sell some more games first. Other than that, I'm interested in the Ridge Racer, but I've never actually played any of that series, so I don't know if it's fun. The TMNT in Time is tempting as well. 

I had trouble with the Golden Axe cab, I couldn't get the two front bolts on the control deck to tighten down. I tested the cams without the deck and they accept the bolts, but when the deck is on there they don't reach apparently. I'm going to have to go to the hardware store and buy longer bolts. I also ordered some edge guard to apply to that same deck, as it is cutting into my wrists the way I relax my arms on the unit.

For the Outrun cab, I used a little bit of velcro for the gas pedal base to secure it to the cabinet. There's not much, but that little bit helps keep that pedal base where it belongs.

Once I am confident of the arrangement, I'm going to drill some anchors and mount the power strips on the wall, and maybe mount some game anchors too, the MVSX is a bit top heavy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice!!  Good group of games!  I finally got to try the Golden Axe 1up as a local GameStop had one up and running.  The machine is much smaller in person than I expected for some reason, most pics make the 4player controls look huge, but they're really not that big.  The screen / graphics look super bright and fantastic, and the controls were good if slightly loose (all depends on what you're after, I've been playing with a million different joystick types lately so very hard to make a fair comparison).  Just love the red trim, this machine really looks great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, negative1 said:

preorder announced:

https://arcade1up.com/products/terminator-2

t2_forshopify_1000x1500_lifestyle01_600x

later

Only having a single game hurts this  for me. I'm not looking for an all-in-one, but the compilation format certainly adds value. This unit will still sell out, without my pre-order. I still may get this, but it's a tough sell. I want a light gun game though, and hopefully we'll see some better options. I don't see the lack of CRT being much of a roadblock, because motion technology exists. Motion is how the Wii converted L.A. Machineguns and Gunblade N.Y. to home console.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thanatos said:

It would be perfect if they could add Revolution X to T2.  Probably a licensing nightmare with Aerosmith though.

Yeah, I have no idea the challenge of licensing with this stuff, but just that one extra game would put this over for me. Seems pretty obvious:

MIDWAY:

-T2

-Revolution X

TAITO:

-Operation Wolf-

-Operation Thunderbolt

ATARI GAMES:

-Area 51

-Maximum Force

KONAMI:
-Lethal Enforcers

-Lethal Enforcers II

5 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

Yeah, I have no idea the challenge of licensing with this stuff, but just that one extra game would put this over for me. Seems pretty obvious:

MIDWAY:

-T2

-Revolution X

TAITO:

-Operation Wolf-

-Operation Thunderbolt

ATARI GAMES:

-Area 51

-Maximum Force

KONAMI:
-Lethal Enforcers

-Lethal Enforcers II

They don't mix licenses for the most part.

So the only option would be midway.

later

I thought Midway owns the Atari Games catalog now? (...said while trying not to vomit from the injustice of it all) I know they threw Toobin' onto the Mortal Kombat/Defender cabinets. However, Area 51 probably requires more PCB horsepower than the Midway shooters.

As for Operation Wolf, I believe there was at least one more game in that series, possibly two more.

And the killer app to add to a Konami shooter cabinet would be Silent Scope, with the smaller screen in the gun scope. That tech would probably be fairly affordable nowadays.

• Like 1

A1UP seems to have a good relationship with Sega, so perhaps a House of the Dead trilogy cabinet is possible. Or is it like Zoyous said, are there horsepower limitations as well?

I'm sure that's a silly question, of course there are technological limits. I guess that can only be speculated on.

And don't forget the extremely Old School Shooters that would be easier to run on cheap hardware (as opposed to say, HOTD or even Virtua Cop, personal favorite) like Crossbow.  Would LOVE a Crossbow machine with the actual Crossbow hardware like the old Exidy machine.

Chiller too, though that one is problematic in enough ways that I don't think we'll ever see a home port from A1Up.

1 hour ago, Hydro Thunder said:

And don't forget the extremely Old School Shooters that would be easier to run on cheap hardware (as opposed to say, HOTD or even Virtua Cop, personal favorite) like Crossbow.  Would LOVE a Crossbow machine with the actual Crossbow hardware like the old Exidy machine.

Chiller too, though that one is problematic in enough ways that I don't think we'll ever see a home port from A1Up.

A Crossbow cab would be cool if you could get Chiller as well, but in this climate that's not gonna happen.  Waaayyyy too many groups would complain, cancel, etc. it.  It's not like back in the day it caused any controversy ???

10 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

A1UP seems to have a good relationship with Sega, so perhaps a House of the Dead trilogy cabinet is possible. Or is it like Zoyous said, are there horsepower limitations as well?

I'm sure that's a silly question, of course there are technological limits. I guess that can only be speculated on.

I wouldn't say technological limits, more like what they are using in the cabs are probably way too underpowered for House of the Dead.

• Like 2

I really do like that ridge racer game lineup though, and have been looking for ways to squeeze a full-size driving cab (prob a rush 2049) into the one overstuffed room I have where it can go. For once, I'm tempted not just for lineup but also, specifically for its size. Though nothing I've heard or experienced of arcade1up has been stellar, or even 'okay'

11 hours ago, CapitanClassic said:

Where do they find all the horse jockeys to take these pictures?

I don't know why, but that reminded me of John Candy in Who's Harry Crumb. I miss the 'costumed detective' genre. I think Ace Ventura may have been the last big one. Maybe the Pink panther remake--but I haven't see that.

75E7Ge6m.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reaperman said:

I really do like that ridge racer game lineup though, and have been looking for ways to squeeze a full-size driving cab (prob a rush 2049) into the one overstuffed room I have where it can go. For once, I'm tempted not just for lineup but also, specifically for its size. Though nothing I've heard or experienced of arcade1up has been stellar, or even 'okay'

For these 2021 generation cabinets, like Killer Instinct and Tron, and Ridge Racer.

They are using better cabinet shapes, better lighting, and more authentic features.

Ridge racer will have some sort of rumble feedback, and maybe they will improve

the pedals over outrun.

The cabinets are slightly taller also.

The screens have gotten better too. So there has been a lot of improvement since

the first generation.

later

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Aside from the spinner, I’ve enjoyed the hell out of the first gen machines, but I only paid $150-$300 for them. At $600+, I just don’t need a light up marquee. Maybe they look great, but I’ve never seen one. 

EDIT: A cabinet like Tron should light up of course. 

Edited by Toaddio
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 9:41 AM, Toaddio said:

Aside from the spinner, I’ve enjoyed the hell out of the first gen machines, but I only paid $150-$300 for them. At $600+, I just don’t need a light up marquee. Maybe they look great, but I’ve never seen one. 

EDIT: A cabinet like Tron should light up of course. 

Only $150-$300 is a lot of money.

Too much money for a lot of people.  A lot waited until the $50-$75 clearance.

600+ gets you lit marquee, stool, online play, better monitors, and sometimes controls, better stereo sounds, and sometimes lit front panels,

3d coin door (sometimes), custom riser.

not sure where you got the idea it was just a lit marquee.

later

12 hours ago, negative1 said:

Only $150-$300 is a lot of money.

Too much money for a lot of people.  A lot waited until the $50-$75 clearance.

600+ gets you lit marquee, stool, online play, better monitors, and sometimes controls, better stereo sounds, and sometimes lit front panels,

3d coin door (sometimes), custom riser.

not sure where you got the idea it was just a lit marquee.

later

T2 with the guns? Outrun with the wheel and pedals? The extra wide Turtles with 4 joysticks? Maybe these have increased production costs to the point that $600 is warranted.

Galaga/Ms. Pac-Man? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 2