IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

13 hours ago, negative1 said:

a better look at the sams club cabaret - its pac man plus, the screen is not quite as tilted,

and theres a weird light up panel on the front:

r/Arcade1Up - Sam's Club Pac Man Plus Cabaret Cabinet is Live!

later

Interesting, so it has a light up J panel like QVC / HSN editions of some cabs had. 

• Like 1

$299 for a stripped down Ms. Pac-Man

Special 40th anniversary edition Ms. Pac-Man™ Arcade1Up features 40th anniversary classic "woodgrain" cabinet and graphics plus 10 classic Bandai Namco arcade games including:

• Ms. Pac-Man™
• Galaga™
• Galaxian™
• Dig Dug™
• Mappy™
• Rally-X™
• Rolling Thunder™
• Rompers™
• The Tower of Druaga™
• King and Balloon™

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ms-Pac-Man-40th-Anniversary-Arcade1Up-No-Riser/139074403

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Toaddio said:

$299 for a stripped down Ms. Pac-Man

Special 40th anniversary edition Ms. Pac-Man™ Arcade1Up features 40th anniversary classic "woodgrain" cabinet and graphics plus 10 classic Bandai Namco arcade games including:

• Ms. Pac-Man™
• Galaga™
• Galaxian™
• Dig Dug™
• Mappy™
• Rally-X™
• Rolling Thunder™
• Rompers™
• The Tower of Druaga™
• King and Balloon™

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ms-Pac-Man-40th-Anniversary-Arcade1Up-No-Riser/139074403

Great game list, great price, might consider even though I am very nearly out of space and want to save a spot for the eventual Robotron cab...

But I would love Ms Pac, Galaxian, Dig Dug, Rolling Thunder, and King and Balloon, mos def.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

Great game list, great price, might consider even though I am very nearly out of space and want to save a spot for the eventual Robotron cab...

But I would love Ms Pac, Galaxian, Dig Dug, Rolling Thunder, and King and Balloon, mos def.

It's a lot more money, but Class of '81 is superior. I feel you about the space too, I told the wife I'm going to be very selective going forward, as I can fit another 5, possibly 6 cabs and then I'm done. I'm looking to add one cab per year from now on. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

It's a lot more money, but Class of '81 is superior. I feel you about the space too, I told the wife I'm going to be very selective going forward, as I can fit another 5, possibly 6 cabs and then I'm done. I'm looking to add one cab per year from now on. 

I just like having Galaga and Ms. Pac-Man. I could dump my Galaga/Galaxian and not lose any space or games.  

14 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

How about, once you've run out of space, disassembling some and rotating them seasonally? If you have a spare closet (or even use the space behind assembled cabinets) you could store quite a few. I'm just spitballin' ways you can end up with 50+ cabinets!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

...so I picked up two volcano buttons for my Tempest cab, and I 3D printed an adapter so they fit in the normal button holes.

However, I'm unsure of two things regarding the wiring for the lights:

- I am assuming these are 5V lamps? The site doesn't really say.

- If so, does anyone know where can I pick up 5V from?  If I have to use 12V, I assume I'll have to use a resistor to get it down to 5V.

I've watched some videos of the installation (like this one), but it isn't really spelled out enough for me: 

He gives a diagram at the end, but it doesn't help me much.

Any ideas would be appreciated, and thank you.

Bob

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:

...so I picked up two volcano buttons for my Tempest cab, and I 3D printed an adapter so they fit in the normal button holes.

However, I'm unsure of two things regarding the wiring for the lights:

- I am assuming these are 5V lamps? The site doesn't really say.

- If so, does anyone know where can I pick up 5V from?  If I have to use 12V, I assume I'll have to use a resistor to get it down to 5V.

I've watched some videos of the installation (like this one), but it isn't really spelled out enough for me: 

He gives a diagram at the end, but it doesn't help me much.

Any ideas would be appreciated, and thank you.

Bob

Bob I'm assuming these are real volcano style buttons?  I'm asking only because I swear I've seen ones made now for the 1Up cabs, or in the process of being made.

Incoming for E3 for Arcade 1up : via gamefly

Time Crisis; NFL Blitz, AND Marvel Vs Capcom 2

Joust Collectorcade 1 player July 15th

Pac Man Collectorcade 1 player July 15th

MK Collectorcade 1 player July 15th

Ms Pac Man Legacy September 15th

Ms Pac Man Head to Head Countercade September 15th

NBA Shaq 19 Aug 15th

Pac Man Couchcade Apr 15

Atari Couchcade Apr 15
-------------------------

Collectorcades might be smaller than countercades.
Head to head, are just tabletop versions.

Couchcades are soft version for the lap.

image.png.4ea12a813a99b67c52e9a7b145947c54.png

image.png.6df6c6e0fcc8dd33823db2dfea1e7e2e.png

later

• Like 2

Still waiting for a Sega 3D racing cab with things like Daytona USA on it, I think that's going to be the only kind of cab I still want to buy at this point.  MVC2 is interesting if true, since that's dreamcast-level arcade hardware and is not well emulated in mame, so would probably need a beefier system and custom emulation compared to their other capcom CPS2 game cabs.

Edited by sirlynxalot

16 hours ago, negative1 said:

image.png.4ea12a813a99b67c52e9a7b145947c54.png

image.png.6df6c6e0fcc8dd33823db2dfea1e7e2e.png

I'm looking at Centipede Legacy and Ms. Pac-Man Legacy (as long as the cabinet art isn't some weird variation) for this year. Aside from those, most of these are skewing too "new" for my personal tastes.

Still no Robotron? I'll be interested to see if it might show up as a MK Legacy re-skin, like Defender did.

• Like 1

Hmm $100 collectorcade.  Knowing how MyArcade for instance handled things with their devices and price points, I'm thinking these could be similar to their 10" units with the bundle of Namco and Data East things, or their later premium models with a dedicated game (SF2CE, Contra, Space Invaders) where they shot for accuracy and used the original arcade rom sets.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sirlynxalot said:

Still waiting for a Sega 3D racing cab with things like Daytona USA on it, I think that's going to be the only kind of cab I still want to buy at this point.  MVC2 is interesting if true, since that's dreamcast-level arcade hardware and is not well emulated in mame, so would probably need a beefier system and custom emulation compared to their other capcom CPS2 game cabs.

not likely for awhile, maybe another year or so.

or if they announce it, still another year. they don't have the cpu for it.

11 hours ago, Zoyous said:

I'm looking at Centipede Legacy and Ms. Pac-Man Legacy (as long as the cabinet art isn't some weird variation) for this year. Aside from those, most of these are skewing too "new" for my personal tastes.

Still no Robotron? I'll be interested to see if it might show up as a MK Legacy re-skin, like Defender did.

no robotron 2084 this year, it looks like.

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Hmm $100 collectorcade.  Knowing how MyArcade for instance handled things with their devices and price points, I'm thinking these could be similar to their 10" units with the bundle of Namco and Data East things, or their later premium models with a dedicated game (SF2CE, Contra, Space Invaders) where they shot for accuracy and used the original arcade rom sets.

yeah, more like the premium myarcade, not quite as good as replicade, or numbskull

later

11 hours ago, negative1 said:

yeah, more like the premium myarcade, not quite as good as replicade, or numbskull

later

Hey if they do this, I'm probably on board for one or more depending specifically on the title.  I don't want a bunch of mini arcades around anymore, even in the last weeks sold all but one of my coleco tabletops off, but I have retained the 3 MyArcade one offs because they're just exceptional.  Outside of that I just have the 2 multicade tabletops on my work desk still (Neo Geo, Astro City) and it works for me.

• Like 1

Any guesses on the Time Crisis? It's a good bet that it's a single player cab, because I remember them being set up that way. This one excites me because it's a pretty advanced game, full 3D IIRC. 

I think 2 player  versions were 2 of the cabs linked together, like Daytona. (I could be wrong) Would be great to see some online co-op if these are single player units.