IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

here's a picture of the pac-man 40th, like the wood grain:

pacman40th_head-to-head_shopify_1000w_1_

https://arcade1up.com/collections/head-2-head-cabinets/products/pac-man™-40th-head-to-head-arcade-table

Power up that arcade nostalgia (no matter what decade you grew up in!), as you guide PAC-MAN™ through those mazes while evading Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde. And when you’re ready for a change of pace, this Pac table PACKS in an unreal nine additional classic games: PAC & PAL™, PAC-MANTM Plus, SUPER PAC-MAN™, PAC-MANIA™, PAC-LAND™, GALAGA™, GALAXIAN™, DIG DUG™, and DIG DUG™ II all included! 

later

Edited by negative1

4 hours ago, Vrock said:

Looks like SNK wants in on Arcade1up's business.

$500, with 50 games. 

https://www.techspot.com/amp/news/86352-snk-500-neo-geo-arcade-cabinet-comes-50.html

17" 5:4 monitor, let's hope it's better than the gen1 Arcade1up monitors.

it's not from snk, its from another company.

yeah the monitor should be better.

later

6 minutes ago, negative1 said:

it's not from snk, its from another company.

yeah the monitor should be better.

later

SNK will soon be offering retro gaming fans yet another way to enjoy classic Neo Geo games. The Japanese hardware and software company recently announced the Neo Geo Multi Video System, or MVSX for short.

The article indicates it is from SNK. Why do you think the monitor will be better? Do you know something the author of the article doesn't?

Its being made by the same company that manufactured the Mini and the Arcade Stick Pro, and is in collaboration with SNK as per the press release.  Unico is the name and Gstone is the parent company. 

I would have preferred a 19" monitor like the iiRcade but 17" should be adequate.  Personally, I never had a problem with the gen 1 Arcade1Up monitors, taking them for what they were, but if this MVS X uses a comparable or better quality monitor, good for us.  

What's funny is where are they coming from since 2 years ago everybody was saying 4:3 LCD panels weren't even being made anymore (not sure if they were saying just 17" panels or not, but that would make sense since 1Up was advertising 17" screens at the time). 

20 hours ago, Vrock said:

50 games, that's easily 10 times what you get in an average 1up cab. Hope someone notices.

If you mean 1Up?  Nah, not their business model, and this Neo Geo is going to be a one off, 1 and done.  If Unico wanted to compete with 1Up, they would do the same kind of cabs, releasing 4 or 5 Neo titles per cab.  So, you could have a Metal Slug Cab, 2 different versions of King of Fighters, etc etc and so on and so on. 

But again, this is the same company behind the Mini and the Stick, so expect MVS X Christmas versions with 55 games, then themed versions from Samurai Showdown in white, blue, translucent, etc. for the next two or three years... ?

• Haha 1

With the iiRcade and Neo Geo cabinets, along with the regular releases from Arcade1Up, the 3/4 space is getting very crowded, especially when the latter company puts out so many sub-variations of the same thing. That's why I like our approach at AtGames better in that we focus on the one arcade machine, which I think is more realistic for the average person than collecting multiple different machines. Based on what I saw, I think the Neo Geo cabinet should do quite well. It's definitely more appealing than the average Arcade1Up cabinet. I guess we'll see.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

With the iiRcade and Neo Geo cabinets, along with the regular releases from Arcade1Up, the 3/4 space is getting very crowded, especially when the latter company puts out so many sub-variations of the same thing. That's why I like our approach at AtGames better in that we focus on the one arcade machine, which I think is more realistic for the average person than collecting multiple different machines. Based on what I saw, I think the Neo Geo cabinet should do quite well. It's definitely more appealing than the average Arcade1Up cabinet. I guess we'll see.

I agree I think many of us early adopters of the 1Up cabs as well as those that followed are starting to get a little tired of all their rehashes and re-releases, etc. etc. (honestly, if they put Galaxian on one more cab...).  

I have to say though I think iiRcade is going to be the one to give your AtGames cab a run for its money, Bill.  As a backer, I can tell you their CEO seems to be a heck of a guy, and he never once bad mouthed, talked against or allowed anyone to speak ill of the competition on any of his Facebook Live meeting to discuss the Kickstarter progress.  He would also remind people he's a gamer himself and sees more cabs and manufactures coming to the scene as a good thing, not bad. 

I happen to like this new Neo Geo cab as well, but I have reached the limit on what I can fit at home, at least for the time being.  The iiRcade Dragon's Lair cab and maybe, maybe 1Ups Ms. Pac-Man with Dig-Dug (Bestbuy) might be it for me for a while. 

I just hope this Neo cab isn't some hunk of plastic...

4 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

I agree I think many of us early adopters of the 1Up cabs as well as those that followed are starting to get a little tired of all their rehashes and re-releases, etc. etc. (honestly, if they put Galaxian on one more cab...).  

I have to say though I think iiRcade is going to be the one to give your AtGames cab a run for its money, Bill.  As a backer, I can tell you their CEO seems to be a heck of a guy, and he never once bad mouthed, talked against or allowed anyone to speak ill of the competition on any of his Facebook Live meeting to discuss the Kickstarter progress.  He would also remind people he's a gamer himself and sees more cabs and manufactures coming to the scene as a good thing, not bad. 

I happen to like this new Neo Geo cab as well, but I have reached the limit on what I can fit at home, at least for the time being.  The iiRcade Dragon's Lair cab and maybe, maybe 1Ups Ms. Pac-Man with Dig-Dug (Bestbuy) might be it for me for a while. 

I just hope this Neo cab isn't some hunk of plastic...

Oh, he is a good guy and we're friendly with him. iiRcade shares many of the same values that AtGames does. There are only a handful of companies out there, or one notable one really, that crosses a line into questionable practices and "over-the-top" attitude. I'd rather have more of the iiRcade-type companies out there than one of that other company. Friendly competition is a good thing for both the market and the segment, and it makes everyone better.

What's really competition for what is really up in the air these days. There are really three different types of strategies out there. We're very happy with ours.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I own quite a few Arcade1up cabinets, but I would sell them all for my Atgames Legends. Better support, better quality, better value, and versatility. Instead of trying to repackage and sell me a few more games, Atgames keeps adding value and options. Now that I upgraded the art on my cabinet, it is perfect. The built in games are way better than people give it credit for, and the new Taito games just knock it out of the park. Adding my own games is as simple as loading up a flash drive, and OTG mode means I can even run PC games.

With new options and accessories coming soon, it's hard to compete with what Atgames is offering. Anyone looking to buy an arcade cabinet should seriously consider this one!

If there was a proper 4:3 version of the Legends Ultimate, I'd buy one.

My other gripe was about the looks of cab and art, but 3rd parties can help there.

Bill, I am probably in the minority here, but I think 4:3 version of tour company's cabinet would be really something.

43 minutes ago, Vrock said:

If there was a proper 4:3 version of the Legends Ultimate, I'd buy one.

My other gripe was about the looks of cab and art, but 3rd parties can help there.

Bill, I am probably in the minority here, but I think 4:3 version of tour company's cabinet would be really something.

There's a dedicated Legends Ultimate topic, so I'd rather not keep using those one, but the 16:9 monitor offers greater versatility, especially since we support modern games. A lot of people like having bezels on the left and right to fill in the borders on older 4:3 games.

35 minutes ago, Vrock said:

I mean, you can keep telling me I'm wrong for wanting this if you want to. I'll keep my $600 until then. :)

It would greatly limit your options on a multi-cade cabinet, so it doesn't make sense for us to produce a Legends Ultimate with a vertical monitor. Our Legends Gamer series support vertical displays, and our Legends Pinball machine will have a 32" vertical display as its main screen and can also play arcade games. So, there are options there, just not on the Legends Ultimate. We may produce cabinets with vertical monitors, but it would be smaller machines because again, it limits what you can play on it.

• Like 1

That's fair enough. To be clear, I wasn't specifically talking about a vertical monitor in the above post though. A 27", 4x3 horizontal monitor would produce a roughly 20" vertical display, with less wasted space than a 16x9 unit. I could live with that vs a dedicated vertical cab.

I think in the world of 16x9, 4x3, and 3x4 gaming, that a largish 4x3 display is the best compromise.

I've been looking at the cabinet kits from game room solutions, which are a nice but alas, are exclusively set up for 16x9 monitors. I still hold out hope that someone will scratch the itch I've got here, in a full sized cabinet vs the 3/4 scale.

10 minutes ago, Vrock said:

That's fair enough. To be clear, I wasn't specifically talking about a vertical monitor in the above post though. A 27", 4x3 horizontal monitor would produce a roughly 20" vertical display, with less wasted space than a 16x9 unit. I could live with that vs a dedicated vertical cab.

I think in the world of 16x9, 4x3, and 3x4 gaming, that a largish 4x3 display is the best compromise.

I've been looking at the cabinet kits from game room solutions, which are a nice but alas, are exclusively set up for 16x9 monitors. I still hold out hope that someone will scratch the itch I've got here, in a full sized cabinet vs the 3/4 scale.

Look into the iiRcade, it has a 19" 4:3 monitor I believe, which should fit the bill.

4 minutes ago, Vrock said:

Yeah, we will see if it gets off the ground.

It reached its funding goal on the first day, and raised over $660,000 when the campaign ended.  Looking forward to receiving my Dragon's Lair themed cabinet in October.

Look for them on Amazon shortly.

4 hours ago, Battlefish said:

Remember those plug-and-plays Arcade1UP showed off at this year's CES? Looks like they've resurfaced, apparently:

I'm guessing Sega had some words with them about the controller design, as did AtGames concerning the "dongle" format. Both have been completely redesigned.

posted this under this topic:

later

• Confused 1