IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

11 hours ago, negative1 said:

year end discussion:

Interesting talk:

============

1 Supposedly dragons lair will be a more accurate looking version, same with the cab

2 still talking about an upcoming pro or ferrari cabinet

3 fixed patches coming to the partycades also (ms pac man)

4 at least 4-5 new cabinets at CES

5 more multigame cabinets coming out

6 most likely SF2 coming with online play

a lot more pinball talk coming

later

The fact that iiRcade comes with a version of Dragon's Lair pre-installed as well as an available themed upgraded cabinet seems to have them a little perturbed: John D. seemed to go out of his way to state on Facebook that they would use the original ROM.  

1 hour ago, 128Kgames said:

The fact that iiRcade comes with a version of Dragon's Lair pre-installed as well as an available themed upgraded cabinet seems to have them a little perturbed: John D. seemed to go out of his way to state on Facebook that they would use the original ROM.  

Actually, they might not even be able to get the original ROM.

It's more about not using the HD remaster to show it in 16x9,

there are people that want it in the original 640x480  4:3 ratio.

They also want to build a cabinet that looks more like the original, but probably without the the LED scoring.

later

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, negative1 said:

Lots of hints at games:
https://twitter.com/diamonon/status/1348020779493990400

Tron maybe
Dragons Lair
Atari Tempest 12-1

and more.

later

Wait...was that...TYPING OF THE DEAD???!???!???!??  

508139633_TOTDArc1up.thumb.png.55a484822da747b8d1f50201d9c8c4d4.png

OMG.  Gotta make room and save some $ for a new cab.  Even though I already own the DC version with DC keyboard, this would be a must buy day 1.

Much less if they do an "OTD" series with light guns, HOTD 1 - 4, and Typing!!

1416012222_TypingOftheDeadart.thumb.jpg.8fcf24a463d78c5f21ad03731513e59e.jpg

476555915_TypingoftheDeadDeathSentence.thumb.jpg.e90831be954292a41665d157e318e6a6.jpg

Death Sentence heh heh heh heh.  :)

TOTD Cosplay.jpg

TOTD Mike Sudduth.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Curious Sofa said:

Wait...was that...TYPING OF THE DEAD???!???!???!??  

508139633_TOTDArc1up.thumb.png.55a484822da747b8d1f50201d9c8c4d4.png

OMG.  Gotta make room and save some $ for a new cab.  Even though I already own the DC version with DC keyboard, this would be a must buy day 1.

Much less if they do an "OTD" series with light guns, HOTD 1 - 4, and Typing!!

1416012222_TypingOftheDeadart.thumb.jpg.8fcf24a463d78c5f21ad03731513e59e.jpg

476555915_TypingoftheDeadDeathSentence.thumb.jpg.e90831be954292a41665d157e318e6a6.jpg

Death Sentence heh heh heh heh.  :)

TOTD Cosplay.jpg

TOTD Mike Sudduth.jpg

most of his posts are jokes.

later

Looks good:

pongpubtable_1000x1500_01_2048x.png?v=16

This retro Pong® 4 Player Pub Table plays great, look great, and will be an instant conversation piece. And yep, it has a clear cover top, to protect from those accidental spills.

What games are included? Eight Atari classics that ushered in the video game era: Pong®, Quadra Pong, Pong Doubles®, Warlords®, Pong® Sports, Circus Atari®, Tempest®, and Super Breakout®. Switch up games anytime you’d like.

https://arcade1up.com/products/pong-4-player-pub-table

later

• Like 1

here are the 3:
https://arcade1up.com/products/capcom-legacy-edition-arcade-cabinet

capcomlegacy_1000x1500_01_2048x.png?v=16

What a phenomenal game list this is…a dozen classic Capcom titles, packed inside! Street Fighter™, Street Fighter II: World Warrior™, Street Fighter II: Champion Edition™, Street Fighter II: Turbo™, Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers™, Super Street Fighter II: Turbo™, Darkstalkers™, Strider™, Commando™, Final Fight™, Ghost n Goblins™, and 1944™.

namco:
https://arcade1up.com/products/bandai-namco-entertainment-legacy-edition-arcade-cabinet

bandainamcolegacy_1000x1500_01_2048x.png

And what a phenomenally iconic game list this is…a dozen classic BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment titles, packed inside! PAC-MAN™, PAC-LAND™, PAC-MAN™PLUS, SUPER PAC-MAN™, PAC & PAL™, PAC-MANIA™, GALAXIAN™, GALAGA™, DIG DUG™, DIG DUG™II, MAPPY™, and ROMPERS™. 

atari:
https://arcade1up.com/products/atari-legacy-edition

atarilegacy_1000x1500_01_2048x.png?v=161

What a game list this is…a dozen classic Atari titles, packed inside! Asteroids®, Centipede®, Major Havoc®, Missile Command®, Akka Arrh, Crystal Castles®, Tempest®, Millipede®, Gravitar® , Liberator™, Asteroids Deluxe® , and Space Duel. ALL included. Switch up to any included game at will, with the easy to navigate on-screen menus. Additionally, this Atari Legacy Edition includes a Custom riser, if you need to give it some lift!

later

https://arcade1up.com/products/killer-instinct-arcade-cabinet

killerinstinct_1000x1500_01_2048x.jpg?v=

Killer Instinct™. Fans loved it, critics loved it. For many retrogamer enthusiasts it’s a definitive title of the mid ‘90s, with the gameplay, soundtrack, and 3D-rendered graphics all revered. Relive that video game era with this stop-you-in-your-tracks arcade cabinet, that also includes Killer Instinct 2™, Battletoads™ (yes, the arcade version!), and Battletoads™ / Double Dragon™ as a bonus game.

https://arcade1up.com/products/x-men-4-player-arcade-cabinet

xmen_4player_1000x1500_01_2048x.jpg?v=16

Ready to team up for some remote play? The X-Men 4 Player arcade game is equipped with Live WIFI; you can fight your way through each level with the help of fellow retrogamers playing from their own cabinets.

Oh, and you want more Marvel arcade action? You got it. The classic Captain America and the Avengers AND The Avengers in Galactic Storm are also both included!

later

https://arcade1up.com/products/dragons-lair-arcade-cabinet

dragonslair_1000x1500_01_2048x.jpg?v=161

Now, relive that magic at home, no quarters required! The Arcade1Up Dragon’s Lair® home arcade cabinet not only features the title game, but also the sequel Dragon’s Lair® II: Time Warp, and the sci-fi adventure themed Space Ace®. All featuring the beloved animation style of Don Bluth, all a phenomenal fun time.

space ace:

https://arcade1up.com/products/space-ace-arcade-cabinet

spaceace_1000x1500_01_600x.jpg?v=1610380

This will come out if they can get enough people interested.

later

17 minutes ago, negative1 said:

atarilegacy_1000x1500_01_2048x.png?v=161

What a game list this is…a dozen classic Atari titles, packed inside! Asteroids®, Centipede®, Major Havoc®, Missile Command®, Akka Arrh, Crystal Castles®, Tempest®, Millipede®, Gravitar® , Liberator™, Asteroids Deluxe® , and Space Duel. ALL included. Switch up to any included game at will, with the easy to navigate on-screen menus. Additionally, this Atari Legacy Edition includes a Custom riser, if you need to give it some lift!

I'd like to point out how nice it is that A1U finally included a cabinet with custom riser artwork that doesn't clash with the side-art of the cabinet. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, teh_lurv said:

I'd like to point out how nice it is that A1U finally included a cabinet with custom riser artwork that doesn't clash with the side-art of the cabinet. 

I like this, nice update to the old 12 in 1, hopefully they now have an upgraded trackball and at the least their own upgraded spinner.

1 hour ago, negative1 said:

Looks good:

pongpubtable_1000x1500_01_2048x.png?v=16

This retro Pong® 4 Player Pub Table plays great, look great, and will be an instant conversation piece. And yep, it has a clear cover top, to protect from those accidental spills.

What games are included? Eight Atari classics that ushered in the video game era: Pong®, Quadra Pong, Pong Doubles®, Warlords®, Pong® Sports, Circus Atari®, Tempest®, and Super Breakout®. Switch up games anytime you’d like.

https://arcade1up.com/products/pong-4-player-pub-table

later

This looks super cool. I love the classic styling, and Warlords is a great game. I'll think about getting this one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, negative1 said:

too pricey for me , best buy preorder $549:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-pong-pub-table/6448610.p?skuId=6448610

later

Not that I wish them any bad fortune, but I kind of expect that particular cabinet to not sell very well - it mainly appeals to people who know the full history of arcade games, not really the Big Buck Hunter crowd - and the price could come down fairly soon after release.

Really pumped for the Tempest cab, primarily because I think that particular cab design is a beautiful work of art. I'd love to figure out a mod to get Tempest 2000 on it.  Hopefully the control panel won't look too crowded with the trackball and whatever else they might add to make the other games on the machine playable.  Wish the coin door was a plastic fascimile with a little depth to it like on the higher end cabs rather than the decal, but that seems easy enough to deal with, I understand they consider a cab like this to be their entry-level $299 model.

I'm never that excited about Pong, but I think the 4 player pong table is a fantastic idea and it would be wonderful to play Warlords on it.

4P Xmen is great, imo the other included games on that one aren't exciting me.  This cab is great but doesn't give me the same wow factor as some of the others, maybe because a lot of fans have been expecting an xmen cab for a long time now and the other included games don't seem to be classics regarded as well as the marquee title.

Killer Instinct is the cab I was least expecting since emulation of it really requires something beefier than an ordinary cheap android board, and all of the licensing involved in terms of getting permissions from Rare, Nintendo and maybe Microsoft.  I don't play KI much, but I'm impressed with the job they've done on it and it looks like it would be a hit. 

The other cabs look great, too. Overall, I'm very happy they are branching out from their typical arcade1up curved sidepanel design and offering some designs that resemble the lines of the original cabs a bit more.  It'll make looking at the various home arcade posts I see on social media and other places a lot more interesting when its not someone's collection of 8 arcade1ups that all have the same silhouette.

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Like 1