IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

4 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

You're paying for the form factor and look, not the games. You get the same games (and tons more) and better spinners on competing products for the same or less money.

Yes, if you wanted a generic cabinet sure.

The whole appeal of Arcade 1up is to create a look. Like it could belong in arcade.

Hardcore players will replace the controls with better ones.

Most people only care about the looks, at least the average Arcade 1up customers.

Atgames cabinets look plain and generic, but have excellent controls. I wouldn't buy one. But I will get the gamer pro for the extra features.

later

On 9/1/2021 at 10:32 AM, negative1 said:

Here are links for the Junior ones, will be getting pac-man, should be interesting:

Pac-Man: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1UP-Pac-Man-Jr-Arcade-without-Stool-Assembled/333930866

Paw Patrol: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1UP-Paw-Patrol-Jr-Arcade-without-Stool-Assembled/274848790

later

What a stupid product, honestly.  1Up has seriously jumped the shark.  Anyone with kids knows they'll play this (maybe) for 5 minutes, forget about it and move onto another toy.  Somebody didn't do their homework...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2021 at 10:47 PM, negative1 said:

https://arcade1up.com/products/mortal-kombat-midway-head-to-head-arcade-table

Interesting game list:

FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
And when you’re ready for a change of pace, an unreal assortment of additional Midway classics awaits you: Rampage™, Joust™, Gauntlet™, Spy Hunter™, Paper Boy™, Gorf™, Rootbeer Tapper™, Klax™, Toobin™, and Sinistar™. Yes, ALL included!

Your table is ready…it’s the Mortal Kombat Head-to-Head Gaming Table from Arcade1Up. 1 table, 2 players, tons of games, endless fun. “Get over here!” (And sit down! And play!)

Specifications:

∙ 17" Color LCD Screen

∙ Two Control Panels

∙ Speakers on each side

∙ 2 Clear Deck Protectors

∙ Clear Protective Top Surface

∙ Adjustable Volume

∙ Item Weight: 68.34 lbs

∙ Item Dim (D” x W” xH”):23.63 D x 35.67 W x 29H

∙ Closed Box Dim (L” x W” xH”):9.13" x 29.53" x38.28

=================

gorf and spyhunter are new.

also i like sinistar. will be hard to play with that joystick.

later

1 hour ago, negative1 said:

https://arcade1up.com/products/mortal-kombat-midway-head-to-head-arcade-table

Interesting game list:

FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
And when you’re ready for a change of pace, an unreal assortment of additional Midway classics awaits you: Rampage™, Joust™, Gauntlet™, Spy Hunter™, Paper Boy™, Gorf™, Rootbeer Tapper™, Klax™, Toobin™, and Sinistar™. Yes, ALL included!

Your table is ready…it’s the Mortal Kombat Head-to-Head Gaming Table from Arcade1Up. 1 table, 2 players, tons of games, endless fun. “Get over here!” (And sit down! And play!)

Specifications:

∙ 17" Color LCD Screen

∙ Two Control Panels

∙ Speakers on each side

∙ 2 Clear Deck Protectors

∙ Clear Protective Top Surface

∙ Adjustable Volume

∙ Item Weight: 68.34 lbs

∙ Item Dim (D” x W” xH”):23.63 D x 35.67 W x 29H

∙ Closed Box Dim (L” x W” xH”):9.13" x 29.53" x38.28

=================

gorf and spyhunter are new.

also i like sinistar. will be hard to play with that joystick.

later

Now Gorf is interesting as there was (still is?) an issue with the licensing due to "Galaxians" so I'd be interested in seeing if that actually makes the final cut. 

The whole point of this product line is to repackage the old stuff. ? We can expect that the most famous games (Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, various Atari titles) will continue to be sold in new forms every single year, because they are known by almost everyone and there are always going to be more people who don't already have them. As long as they're continuing to improve the form factors and the quality of the controls, I think it's great.

I was actually looking close at the thumbnail of the above images because I wondered if someone had just used an image of the New Wave Toys Replicade version of Centipede. This looks much more accurate to the original cab design than the Gen 1 Centipede.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2021 at 11:48 AM, Zoyous said:

On 9/14/2021 at 11:12 AM, Toaddio said:

I could have sworn a new can with Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga was “coming soon”. Has this one been cancelled?

here is a preorder for class of 81, online leaderboards, and light up marquee

$599

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-ms-pacman-galaga-1981-ed-arcade/6477841.p?skuId=6477841

later

1 hour ago, negative1 said:

here is a preorder for class of 81, online leaderboards, and light up marquee

$599

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-ms-pacman-galaga-1981-ed-arcade/6477841.p?skuId=6477841

later

Wait...wut?  They put KING AND BALLOON on this thing???  Lolol!  A personal guilty pleasure because it's so weird and silly!  I would NOT have bet on that title ever getting put in there; it'd be like putting Kosmic Kruzer on a Midway compilation or something :)  Respect for this bizarre addition!

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 7:37 AM, Toaddio said:

$599 is too rich for my blood. 

get the atgames legends then, its the same price as bill would say,

more games, and add your own.

i got the legend gamers pro 2 joystick and trackball, it works, and the controls are good.

but the game selection is very subpar. no atari games at all. it's jaleco, data east, and a few

good games from taito, so out of the 150, i might play a dozen of them.

later

18 hours ago, negative1 said:

get the atgames legends then, its the same price as bill would say,

more games, and add your own.

i got the legend gamers pro 2 joystick and trackball, it works, and the controls are good.

but the game selection is very subpar. no atari games at all. it's jaleco, data east, and a few

good games from taito, so out of the 150, i might play a dozen of them.

later

I was looking to replace my 1UP Galaga/Galaxian machine. I like their products but let’s face it, build quality has gone up but is not $600 good. 

• Like 2