IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

(Reposted from Countercades):

Information about the Super Pac-Man partycade:

super-Pac1.jpg

super-Pac2.jpg

super-Pac3.jpg

Designed to look like a classic arcade machine, the PartyCade Plus from Arcade1Up offers a variety of ten classic games, including all-time favourites like Pacman, Pac Mania Galaga and the new Rally-X, and features original artwork on a 17" colour display and classic joystick controls. Providing amusement galore for the whole family, host games nights with friends and relive childhood nostalgia with this retro-style arcade machine.

Choose between:

Super Pacman (yellow) - games include Super Pac-Man, Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Dig Dug 2, Pac-Land, Pac-Mania, Mappy, Rompers, new Rally-X and Rolling Thunder

Or

Galaga (blue) - games include Galaga, Galaxian, Galaga ‘88, Gaplus, King & Balloon, Motos, Xevious, Bosconian, Grobda, and Dragon Spirit

galaga1.jpg

Defender has not been listed yet.

later

Edited by negative1

I think I like the slim "partycade" form factor. But the jury's still out when I compare it against the now-traditional (dare I say dated) barcade format. Those are the ones with more depth and shorter stockier appearance.

Either way. Both these smaller formfactors appear to be gaining popularity vs the full-size vintage cabinet. They are distant enough in time to be appealing to a new audience; in much the same capacity oldsters enjoy the 400 pound hulks of yesteryear.. And naturally they bring new materials, electronics, monitors, and more to the experience.

• Like 1

I didn't know about these until recently when I was perusing the game collection forum, and saw some amazing game rooms with these cabs. 

I just this week bought the MVSX and Outrun. This project is what convinced me it was time to sell my cartridge collection. My plan is to basically transform my classic carts into my personal arcade. It makes the space I need and the money. I should be able to buy quite a few. The next one on my list is the Tempest cab.

i would like more shmups, and an Ikari Warriors dual 8-way cab.

• Like 2

ridge racer preoreder, has more games ridge racer 2, rave racer, ace driver and ace driver victory lap

ridgeracer_1000x1500_forshopify_lifestyl

https://arcade1up.com/products/ridge-racer-arcade-machine

What’s under the hood? A ton. Inside this arcade machine is the marquee game Ridge Racer™, and you’ve also got Ridge Racer 2™, Rave Racer™, Ace Driver™, and Ace Driver: Victory Lap™. Yep, all included, switch up your game any time!

later

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

Nice!  When you get it together please post pics, and what you think of it.  I'm curious if Player 1 in GA:TRODA needs to be on the far left side, or if you can use one of the middle controls.

I was wondering the same thing!

It would be cool if they sold an alternate control panel with two sets of controls instead of four. I've seen at least one person mod theirs in that way.

On 10/7/2021 at 12:27 AM, negative1 said:

possible prototype of track and field:

kKen55n.jpeg

later

Let's hope they don't replicate those god awful button guards that came with the original. 

What other games could go in this cab? The only other one is Hyper Sports, that I can think of. Pac-Land uses the same controls but its not a Konami license.

On this note also, I'm not sure I'm keen on button smashers with this line because you're practically begging for high maintenance. So I probably wouldn't buy games like Main Event, or Power Drive for instance.

• Like 1

I put my Tempest cab together, no problems there. The only thing right off I dislike is the printed coin slot door, gawd is that hideous. I really prefer just having the game titles printed on the kickplate, it looks so much better. 

At least with the MVSX riser there is a 3-dimensional plastic coin door, looks good like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobra Kai said:

I put my Tempest cab together, no problems there. The only thing right off I dislike is the printed coin slot door, gawd is that hideous. I really prefer just having the game titles printed on the kickplate, it looks so much better. 

At least with the MVSX riser there is a 3-dimensional plastic coin door, looks good like that.

Is that panel blank black on the opposite side, so you can flip it around and hide the coin door graphic?

On 10/13/2021 at 11:41 PM, Hydro Thunder said:

Nice!  When you get it together please post pics, and what you think of it.  I'm curious if Player 1 in GA:TRODA needs to be on the far left side, or if you can use one of the middle controls.

On 10/14/2021 at 10:09 AM, Zoyous said:

I was wondering the same thing!

It would be cool if they sold an alternate control panel with two sets of controls instead of four. I've seen at least one person mod theirs in that way.

I have the Golden Axe cabinet. Player one is tied to the far left side on TRODA, however you can play a one player game from any of the four controls and pick any character, so it really isn't that important.

• Like 4

================
Primary Audience - Parents with young children [i don't have any]
Overview:
--------------
This fun little cabinet is another line for Arcade1up targeting very small children.
Maybe you don't want them playing on your 3/4 cabs and breaking them or, they are too big.
This is sized bigger than a partycade, and works well on the ground. This came with a tiny stool also (you assemble it), and it fits in the back for storage.
The back of this cabinet is open.
Its very sturdy, and unless you leave it outside or in sunlight, shouldn't fade or melt.
(i hope).
Anyways, the buttons are super comfortable and large. They used two buttons, because
they probably have this form factor for other games, even though most games only use 1 or none.
Games
==============
Pac-Man, Galaga, and Dig Dug
All are set to basic US default settings.

Settings:
============================
Pac-man has 3 - super easy, easy and normal
super easy - invincible (no collision), and slow movement (25%? of speed)
easy - invincible(no collison) and normal speed
Galaga - easy and normal
easy - invincible (no shots or collisions)
Dig Dug - easy and normal
easy - invincible (no collisions,, no rock deaths, fire deaths)
===============================
Controls
=========================
On/off
volume
House - HOME menu button
Big Red Large Ballltop joystick - with square (rotated 45 degree gate)
very comfortable, just takes a different grip for adults, but kids should
have no problem with it. its very responsive
2 large buttons - these are super comfortable, and resilient
Cabinet
=======================
Super durable, thick plastic.
Very light, no exposed screws or sharp edges.
Screen is sharp and bright.
Volume is loud enough but not too loud and ajdustable.
Runs on same MicroUSB adapter and plug (provided)

Verdict:
=================
Whether they are just beginning or a little older. You can start off
in the easy mode, and they can play as long as they want.
Once they get better they can go to the normal mode.
All games play exactly as they should on normal mode.

Adult note : Not sure if killscreens are there, will check it for the next 3 days.
Should you get it? - If you collect pac-man items, sure, why not.
If you want to 'train' yourself to get better, they are useful for that.
But this is mostly targeted for younger children.

I will post gameplay videos. Its fun using the 'training mode'.
I'm happy with the purchase.
I think its $280 or so at Walmart, Target, and other retailers.

Once I'm done with it, I will donate it a charity or a family with younger kids.
Good way to introduce some simple retro games to them.
Overall Grade 4/5

later
  • Like 2