IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

Where was that picture, here's one:

i would guess 7-9 inches at the most.

later

Ah, the picture I saw was of someone else's build of one that looked surprisingly similar. Never mind.

Yeah, I'm thinking 10" screen as well and $100 - $129 at retail, which would give them similar wiggle-room for aggressive price drops (maybe $80) like the 3/4 cabs. Of course, 7 - 9" screens are also quite reasonable (probably not 7", though), especially considering what we know from the 3/4 cabinets and the areas where they cut costs.

Pity about only having two games, but I must admit I might actually get one (maybe two, if decent) of these if the price is right.

By the way, we should have more info out in roughly another month about the AtGames effort in this related, but not quite the same, area (the full-size arcade machine that we teased a few months back - some nice improvements and additions that I'd LOVE to spill, but can't, but it looks like we have both a pre-order and street date set finally).

• Like 2

Competition is good!!

Agreed....it's hard not to feel like AtGames missed the boat here though. For the casuals...their arcade needs may be fully filled now. Their funds have at least been a little drained.

Of course when I see photos online of people with seemingly all the 1up cabs, including redundant ones (that baffles me)....who's to say? Maybe the boat is still at the dock.

(Now, would someone steal my gun game idea--plug and play Guncon with all the greats basically--make it, and take my damn money????)

From CES :

Walcades will be MSRP $199, and weigh about 20 pounds.

Bartops will be $179.

both should be out 4th quarter.

2nd game on defender walcade is joust.

=================

A replacement spinner will be offered, but it will a separate purchase.

MK should be release before Fathers Day - June 16, 2019.

The stools will come in two sizes, tall and short, price will be MSRP $49.99 for both. 4th Quarter release date expected.

Counter-cades MSRP will be $179.99; they weight about 5 lbs. 4th Quarter release date expected.

Wall-cades MSRP will be $199.99; they weight about 20 lbs.

Can be mounted on a Wall, Door or Desk (with included feet attached). 4th Quarter release date expected.

Joust is on the Defender version. 4th Quarter release date expected.

No pricing on cocktail… Details are really light on these as they are still in development,

but they are listening to our thoughts on these. So tell them what you want to see on the cocktail units.

later

Edited by negative1
  • Like 1

The mini-arcades from this season were MSRP of what, $400? But street price was 300 and many could be had for 250 or 200.

Presumably these will be the same, but frankly, for a $179 retail for the barcades before the discounts, they better have at least a 10" screen, if not a few inches more.

I haven't seen much on the Wallcades, but I'm always wary of such things without perfect installation on the wall. It's hard enough to hang a TV truly securely, let alone something that's going to get pushed and pulled on.

One of the pictures I saw had packaging that said "3 ways to play," implying wall mount (better find the joist first, players), playing on a tabletop, or maybe some kind of sold-separately riser to make it taller and more stable.

I was initially attracted to the low profile of the wall-mount idea, but upon further reflection, the depths and angles are wrong.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not too sure about how good an idea the wallcades are... I remember seeing a pic of that wall mounted Phoenix somewhere back in the day and even then it seemed odd :lol: Maybe if these were a little more high end material?... but we all know they're not exactly that. So who's going to want to semi-permanently mount it on their wall?

The tabletop units though.. with one or two games.. It just seems to me that this form factor IS where wouldn't most people just go for something like a multi emulation tabletop instead, for around the same price range, albeit more effort? Yes I know people are doing the same to the uprights, but when you're talking this tabletop/barcade size, that's where you're really hitting the prime RPI3 emulation form factor.

there are several options:

door

desk [also have feet included]

or propped under something if its on a wall

All of which will work. However:

Door-mounted: only really useful when the door is closed, thus blocking entrance to or egress from a room. Likely does not offer the stability of being able to bolt into a joist, but is easily-removable.

Desk-mounted with legs: probably takes up less space on a desk than a bartop cabinet would, but still needs to be mounted to a joist for proper stability. I'm also having a hard time seeing a scenario where you wouldn't have to rather inconveniently lean over the desk in order to play it.

Propped up: at that point, it's probably sticking out from the wall more than just mounting it to a joist.

If you had an alcove to put it in, that might be a possibility. But the overall form factor just doesn't seem any more practical than it ever has been.

i agree the wallcades are a weird format,

but they look great, and have the larger screen format.

anyone that loves defender should be able to mod it (and add a button for defender 2/stargate),

since they only plan on including joust with it.

e0w7R4J.jpg

the centipede one has improved trackball controls too (along with the bartop model)

iPd7nDb.jpg

FeBo7PK.jpg

later

I'd be interested in a Street Fighter II Wallcade or Countercade if the price is right. I get SFII is a 2-Player game, but I wouldn't mind having easy access to CE/ST on my wall to kick the computer's ass whenever I want. And in both cases, Street Fighter II would be the best shell to throw my MiBox in if I go the modding route.

Seems like the Street Fighter II cocktail will be $400-500 MSRP. Dang. I think I'll look into getting a cab built for my Pandora's Box stick instead...

i would take any prices as a grain of salt, that's awfully high for something that small.

(they even talked about having a 'riser' for the cocktail units).

whatever it is, should be lower once other retailers decide to sell it.

later

Golden Tee always seemed to be in pubs in the UK back in the 2000s. There was one in my local we played every lunch time, I still have the member card you used to swipe to record your scores for the monthly prizes etc. :)

Love that game, I have a TV Plug and Play one but it's pretty crap despite having the trackball. I actually bought an X-Arcade trackball to play Golden Tee with on my Pi, but haven't got round to setting it up yet.

Where were you able to find the x-arcade trackball if you don’t mind me asking? I have been searching for one with no luck.

Seems like the Street Fighter II cocktail will be $400-500 MSRP. Dang. I think I'll look into getting a cab built for my Pandora's Box stick instead...

Well, I'm wondering how much of that will have to do with the monitor they put in it. The current gen TN panel is NOT going to cut it in a cocktail table. The viewing angles would be horrible. I'd hope they are getting a new run of IPS/MVA monitors for the tables. But we'll see...we'll see.

• Like 1

I'd like to hijack this thread for a second if I may... (OP privilege I hope?)

A lot of you have provided great comments/thoughts about the Arcade1Up products and have strong ideas about what you do and do not like. If you're interested in providing those same types of thoughts and a type of wish list/comments about the upcoming full-size arcade machine from AtGames, please do so at this forum topic: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/284076-atgames-officially-unveils-legends-ultimate-home-arcade-full-size-machine/?p=4194807 . We'd like to cater to as many of those requests as possible as the machine is in its final stages of development. Thanks!