IGNORED

Back to the Future II

JasonlikesINTV

I watched Back to the Future II the other day and noticed a few things I never picked up on before:

Some cool items in the antique store including a prominent NES BurgerTime.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/bttf/images/2/27/Blastfrompast.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20101206003437

Guess who made the Hoverboard:

https://youtu.be/dbclhbvjA-k

Marty schools Frodo at Wild Gunman:

https://youtu.be/KMy1zO8m8sM

Anyone else catch anything cool?

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 1

Be careful doing rewatching old movies. Some movies don't hold up well (Goonies, Sixteen Candles, etc).

HA! This is SO True.

I am a gigantic larger than life Prince fan (older stuff) but trying to sit through the movie Purple Rain can be hard. When i was a kid, it was shakespeare...as an adult...its quite embarrassing!

In the movie, Prince's dad ATTEMPTS suicide......and the police have a chalk outline of him. The only thing missing is a terrible script scene where the cop says "Hold on sir, we see you tried to kill yourself...would you please hold still while we draw this outline of your...while you are alive".

HA!

D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got some of the 80s best on DVD for my 17 year old. She thought they were great to watch unlike some of the newer over the top movies.

Breakfast Club

Sixteen Candles

Ferris Bueller

Lost Boys

Real Genius.

War Games.

Goonies

Just to name a few.

• Like 1

Be careful doing rewatching old movies. Some movies don't hold up well (Goonies, Sixteen Candles, etc).

I agree 100%. I tried to force my daughters to watch some of the movies I unequivocally loved as a kid/teenager (and watched many times in the past), only to find *I* was gravely disappointed in them and had trouble getting through them. Clearly a lot of things have changed - including my own tastes and how modern media has spoiled some of the things that were just fine in the past - to the point where there's sometimes no going back.

Interestingly, there are several people I know who still love the same stuff without condition. I'm just not one of them for the most part at this point. I'm not really sure when the "change" happened either, but it was likely some time in the 2000s.

• Like 1