IGNORED

Portland Oregon area TI "group" meeting

arcadeshopper

Portland Oregon meetup poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you local to Portland (driving distance for a monthly meeting)

• Yes Definately!
    • Maybe, we'll see
    • I'm local but not interested
  2. 2. What part of the area would be best for a central meeting place?

• SE
    • East of the 205
    • Downtown (west of the River)
    • Southwest (Beaverton, Tigard, Hillsboro etc)
    • North (near the racetracks or airport)
  3. 3. What is better for meetings (once a month)

• Evening during the week
    • Evening on a Saturday
    • Evening on a Sunday
    • Daytime Saturday
    • Daytime Sunday
    • Other (comment below)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

After talking with some of the regulars here in the PDX area we have determined that meeting for food isn't the best way to show off new projects, teach each other how to solder properly (show us Jedi master!) and test/swap things.. SO

I am proposing a regular (monthly) get together in the Portland area. I have put together a poll that asks the important questions. Please answer if you are within a local vicinity where you could actually attend regular meetings monthly.

This will not be a reboot of PUNN (whatever that stood for) we'll come up with a new name if it gets to that.

Thanks!

Greg

... PUNN (whatever that stood for)

I thought it stood for Portland User's of Ninety Nines. Of course I was only able to attend one PUNN meeting back in the day. I did manage to make it to more than a few NOVA meeting in Vancouver though.

It sounds like a lot of fun, but sadly I do not think I could regularly make it to monthly meetings. I've already scheduled the 28th of April off though, so I'll be there for that.

• Like 1

After talking with some of the regulars here in the PDX area we have determined that meeting for food isn't the best way to show off new projects, teach each other how to solder properly (show us Jedi master!) and test/swap things.. SO

I am proposing a regular (monthly) get together in the Portland area. I have put together a poll that asks the important questions. Please answer if you are within a local vicinity where you could actually attend regular meetings monthly.

This will not be a reboot of PUNN (whatever that stood for) we'll come up with a new name if it gets to that.

Thanks!

Greg

P.U.N.N. stood for Portland Users Ninety Nine

• 2 weeks later...

Well distance is a issue for me,

I may need a ride it that meeting is to far out like Tigard or Beverton or Hillsboro.

I do after all live in Vancouver Washington, that would be a hell of a bus ride and could not bring any equipment.

Well distance is a issue for me,

I may need a ride it that meeting is to far out like Tigard or Beverton or Hillsboro.

I do after all live in Vancouver Washington, that would be a hell of a bus ride and could not bring any equipment.

Nod understandable. I'm in the same boat the other direction :) If you can get to the max you could ride it over though..

Greg

Hey All! :-)

Happy Rasberry Pi Day!!!

I would be willing to go to a local high school (Beaverton High School) and see if we could "borrow" a room,...though, it would more than likely have to be on a weekend.

I am not sure that a "public" school can "legally" charge/rent for use-of-space, but, anyway; it MIGHT be a possibility.

As a high school as a "meeting place" for the group, maybe closer to downtown Portland would be a better choice.

When we were "PUNN", there was a place that was right off Capitol Hwy, in South Portland (Multnomah County). It was more "central" that Beaverton or Aloha or Lake Oswego (which were other locations we met. That place (off Capitol Hwy.) is some form of "educatioal community center" now. It offers classes to people of any age (I think) and has multiple "class rooms". I will check it out this week and see if we might be able to locate there.

• 1 month later...

I have put in for a room at the Beaverton Library for May 27th 1pm-4:30pm waiting on confirmation etc.

Greg

Lucky TI'ers! It must be nice having a concentrated group in your general area so you can enjoy frequent gatherings. With me living out in the boonies, I'd spend the same amount of time on the road going to and from as I'd get to spend at the meeting. :(

BEWARE, I LIVE!

Count me as going! :) It'll take me 70 minutes to get out to the library from home and takes three buses. It can take 55 minutes less if I am arriving at noon instead of 1pm. Anyone interested in meeting ahead of time for lunch?