IGNORED

Tigervision games

kyle

If you remove the prongs, then that would prevent them from being used on an actual 2600 since the cart slot dust cover won't be able to retract open without them. What I've done, is to use a pair of nail clippers and trim off about 1 cm of the plastic on each prong. That is how I play my miner 2049er on my 7800. However, this could be frowned upon since it is a permanent modification. But even if you trim the posts back as I've stated, it still works on a 2600 as well.

You can also cut or drill the screw posts off the bottom of the 7800 cart sleeve. You won't be able to fasten it down with the screws again, but the little clips will hold it in place on the board. I did this to mine so all of my cartridges would fit into the cart slot. Some people also cut the corners of the sleeve so tight fitting carts will work, but mine was fine.

Here's a post on how to do the cart sleeve mod: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/123373-tigervision-compatibility-mod-complete/?hl=%2Bcartridge+%2Bguide+%2Bmod

What kind of modification needs to be done to either the cartridge or the 7800 so tigervision games will fit ?

The cartridge glide openers need to be flipped. The part that is currently on the inside of the cart needs to be on the outside. Just flip them and close your cart back up and it should now fit just fine. I really do think they put them in backwards at the factory.

• Like 1