IGNORED

Gameboy Screen Help

nashnooga

So, i've moved to the state of washington, and i'm in a cold area... lots of my game stuff is unfortunately in boxes, in a cold, cold garage. Anyways, i've noticed every gameboy that i have, the screens are comming off, like the glue cannot deal with the cold. I'd like to bring the gameboys inside, and i'd like to glue the screens back on. Before i go willy nilly.... whats the best kind of glue for this? let me know!

You don't as it's a bad idea. You go on ebay, find someone like starwander (mortoffgames also aka nintendorepairshop) and you buy replacement lenses for them. They only cost a few dollars a piece and if you pay an added dollar or so over the cost of Nintendo OEM knockoff plastic you can get a scratch resistant tempered glass cover instead which makes a big difference in living scratch free.

You don't as it's a bad idea. You go on ebay, find someone like starwander (mortoffgames also aka nintendorepairshop) and you buy replacement lenses for them. They only cost a few dollars a piece and if you pay an added dollar or so over the cost of Nintendo OEM knockoff plastic you can get a scratch resistant tempered glass cover instead which makes a big difference in living scratch free.

What are those glued on with?

Do not use super glue or cement. If the screen is scratched at all you might want to just buy a new one. I have read a light epoxy or silicone. Silicone does sound like a really good choice. Just like what you seal your windows and doors with would probably be great. Get a clear silicone that is good for vinyl siding and apply a very thin coat and put some pressure on it for a few hours and you should be good. Make sure to stay away from the edges because when you push down it will force it out and you def. don't want that getting on the lcd or anywhere else.

I don't know what Nintendo uses for glue but it's quite effective for lasting a very long time. I've got a couple original GBs here circa 1990-92 and they're not coming unstuck. The legit Nintendo kits when they sold replacements they came with a new lens in a baggy and in another was this little plastic platform with a killer adhesive sticker on one side and a finger ring on the other. All it basically amounts to is firmly attach and start tugging to get it off, then clean any excess away before applying the new.