IGNORED

Denial VIC-20 Forum - Cannot activate account

CrazyChris

I am trying to create a new account for the VIC-20 Denial forum, but did not receive

the email to activate the account. I tried checking my spam folder and also setting up an account with an different email address (Spectrum & Google).

Emailed the administrator, but do not get a response.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

http://sleepingelephant.com/denial/wiki/index.php/DenialWIKI_Home

"Because of massive spam on our wiki, new users can't register. But you can get an account (if you are not a spammer) if you send a PM to joshuadenmark on Denial Community, see the link to the left."

And welcome to the small but passionate VIC-20 community.

• 2 weeks later...

I find your situation odd because JUST NOW I created a new account, the activation Email was already there and waiting for me by the time I could get to my Email. I honestly suggest you create a new account (totally change up the info if you have to) and just be sure you are giving an good Email address you can count on and that it is not going to SPAM folder or something (I know you said you checked it) , you should not be having all this trouble as my example indicates, I really expected to wait or not receive the activation Email anytime soon and I did it out of curiosity, I had an OLD account from years ago that was no longer valid and I even tried and I could not even use the option to retrieve password as it said username does not exist (probably flushed from non use some time ago) because my original plan honestly was to just give you my old login details and let you update them accordingly but when I was told the account was not valid I decided to create a new one, since it worked instantly I see no reason why it should not work for anyone. IF possible maybe give them a ISP based Email IF possible ( some sites do not like web based Email addresses ) I think my test confirms there is nothing wrong with the sign up process I think you should just give it another try with completely different credentials.

IMAGE FOR REFERENCE (BLOTTED IT FOR PRIVACY BUT HIGHLIGHTED TIME) TO PROVE I JUST NOW DID THIS AND I AM NOT TRYING TO WASTE YOUR TIME OR MESS WITH YOU I DO NOT WANT TO GET INVOLVED IN ANY OTHER WAY OR SPEAK ON SOMEONE ELSE'S BEHALF, JUST SHOWING I JUST NOW DID IT WITH NO ISSUE. MAYBE THEY WERE HAVING ISSUES WHEN YOU ORIGINALLY ATTEMPTED ?

post-10336-0-26499000-1521403273_thumb.png

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

We all know that computers always work the way they are supposed to. ;)

I don't think anyone is making that claim ;) , I attempted to replicate your problem and to my surprise failed so based on that I made a suggestion, I still make the same suggestion to you but hey whatever. :roll:

Thanks for encouraging me to try again. I tried with another Gmail account and it worked!

However, Gmail did put the activation email in the Spam folder.

Well that is down to Gmail, there are a number of reasons it may of been flagged as SPAM though in such case you can remove the SPAM label

or click THIS IS NOT SPAM. Anyway, I knew the process of sign up was currently working thus my recommendation. Glad you made it in, have fun. Be sure to post there occasionally or you may be filtered out like my old account was. I am back on there for now at least (username MaximumRD ) we will see if it sticks, I had not been motivated to post since I do not currently own a Vic20 and lost interests realizing I was never going to get that Vic20 multicart I wanted.