IGNORED

New Plus/4 game, Pets Rescue

JamesD

Glad to see some talented hackers getting their hands on an otherwise under-appreciated machine. I was always jealous the Atari 8-bits had 16-times as many colors as my beloved C64, and when I learned of the 121 colors on the Plus/4 I yearned for a hybrid TED and VIC-II. These guys lately have done some pretty inspiring things.

• Like 1

Nice find!

when I learned of the 121 colors on the Plus/4 I yearned for a hybrid TED and VIC-II.

When I learned of it I always wondered why they went with 8 blacks - if they'd used luma with black they could have either eliminated white (and thus room for another color) or kept white and had a 16 value greyscale rather than 9.

• 2 years later...

I just bought a copy of this the other day. I've been playing it on the YAPE emulator.  It's stunning. An excellent platformer. It even has some sort of parallax scrolling. 

I made it to level 6-1 so far.  Some of the game is quite difficult, but the game thankfully has continues and a password system.  I'd love to see a conversion of this for the NES (or 7800) or other system like they are doing with Sam's Journey from the C64.  If this had been pack in for the Plus/4... gosh, everyone would have said the machine was revolutionary.