IGNORED

Horizon RAM disk help

Vorticon

Hi.

I found this HRD board under a stack of other TI stuff today and had totally forgotten about it. I think I got it a one of the Chicago Faires several years ago. It does not seem to work and I'd like to fix it if possible. The battery is definitely dead. Pin 8 of the chip immediately below and to the left of the Zippie sticker is bent upwards and there was something soldered to it in the past, but I can't seem to find a loose wire anywhere.

I can't tell which version of the HRD it is. Clearly some modifications have been made and there is a mysterious "Zippie" sticker on it. Can you guys help me identify this board properly?

post-25753-0-38855300-1519677422_thumb.jpg

post-25753-0-32264000-1519677431_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Vorticon - Looking at the back of the board.See the WHITE TAPE on the wire near the top left. Count from that solder point straight down, at some point you'll shift slightly right to continue counting. the 23rd solder point looks like it may have rotted away across that trace.Possibly breaking it? I doubt that's your issue but something to note with a fresh pair of eyes on just the photos.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Vorticon - Looking at the back of the board.See the WHITE TAPE on the wire near the top left. Count from that solder point straight down, at some point you'll shift slightly right to continue counting. the 23rd solder point looks like it may have rotted away across that trace.Possibly breaking it? I doubt that's your issue but something to note with a fresh pair of eyes on just the photos.

Yup I see it. Thanks for the tip :) I'll definitely have to fix that.

• Like 1

1) Switch to turn the card off so it won't hang your console if your ROS gets botched and 2) the power on/reset mod to prevent your ROS from getting botched.

Have you tried the CFG program on it ?

I'll play with it today as I just got off service. I never got to try the CFG program because the board always hung my system as I vaguely recall. Also need to fix that bad solder joint Lenny pointed to and replace the battery.

I'll report back later today.

Success! I replaced the 3.6V alkaline battery and fixed the bad solder joint and now the board was being recognized by the CFG program.

I was able to create 2 720 sector disks and read/write to them without issues. Total size of HRD is 384K.

Now I already have a functional 1meg HRD courtesy of Marc, so I'm going to put the HRD 2000 on Ebay as it is too small for my needs.

Thanks for the help guys.

post-25753-0-67459200-1519769962_thumb.jpg

• Like 4