IGNORED

Horizon RAM disk help

Vorticon

Ricky, I have U19 as a 138. Is that what that is, otherwise it looks like the board. Its gonna be hard to see, but maybe you have docs, but I need the wiring pin layout on upper to lower to lower on U20. And wiring from pin to pin on all jumpers..its a lot

Thanks

Do you have a copy of the HRD+ Construction guide with you? And yes U19 is a 138. :)

Edited by RickyDean

I do not. All docs that I've seen as far as construction and test get as far as steps place board with no chips into peb. Check for led Lt. Now run men test without discussing wiring..so be on the lookout. As this won't help me..just FYI

Give me that doc if you don't mind and give me a week or two in order for me to verify stuff..thank you! Awesome

Edited by GDMike

I do not. All docs that I've seen as far as construction and test get as far as steps place board with no chips into peb. Check for led Lt. Now run men test without discussing wiring..so be on the lookout. As this won't help me..just FYI

Give me that doc if you don't mind and give me a week or two in order for me to verify stuff..thank you! Awesome

At this link http://atariage.com/forums/topic/248687-ti-99-docs-manuals-ebooks-lost-found/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3436985 in post #40 is a original copy of the pdf. And below are some cleaned up pdf's of the same. Let me know if this helps.

HRD+_Construction_Manual.pdf

HRD+_Errata.pdf

Edited by RickyDean
  • Like 1

Yes..i actually started with this and ended up with a problem. But, for the sake of redundancy and triple checking, we will start with this. I was also comparing my board layout and based everything on what my board was saying. What I mean is that pin to pin schematic wise did not match my card. Anyway, this board will start over and I'll let you know how far I get and the snags I encounter. Take a break for awhile..I'll be in touch.

The photos will help a lot I believe!!

I'm hoping for the the best!! Thanks Ricky

• Like 1

question already...on the back, WHICH pin is this green trace running to? the left or right side of where it is? And can I get a higher res on the top of the board view and each side of those support chips. The directions say on U1 pin 2 need to be a jumper..I don't see that on this photo view..it looks like pin 3 is jumpered..that's why I may need higher res.

post-63012-0-03883700-1557347687.jpg

Edited by GDMike

question already...on the back, WHICH pin is this green trace running to? the left or right side of where it is? And can I get a higher res on the top of the board view and each side of those support chips. The directions say on U1 pin 2 need to be a jumper..I don't see that on this photo view..it looks like pin 3 is jumpered..that's why I may need higher res.

I'm sorry, I can't provide any higher res of this unit as it is not mine nor in my possession.

The green wire runs through the hole and from what I can make of it ties into the first pin on the stacked 138's on the right of the cru selector switch.

Keep in mind that these extra wires were added to support the stacking of the memory chips, so you have to be sure the base first layer is connected correctly, according to the guide, then follow the directions in the guide for the stacking process, per layer.

If you click on the photo in Atariage a pop up will open of that photo in a it's true size, and you can see the detail somewhat better.

Hope this helps, and if anyone else has better information please chime in. Thanks

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I've actually been working on a new layout for the HRD4000 this week. I'm about half done right now, and with luck, I'll have it ready to order a couple of test boards by next week. It has actually been going pretty quickly. . .it helps that I haven't got anyone in the house with major demands on my time right now, but two weeks from now, all hobby-time bets are off.  LOLOL

If I finish it and it works out the gate, you starting with a pristine board might be a good idea. . .

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ksarul said:

I've actually been working on a new layout for the HRD4000 this week. I'm about half done right now, and with luck, I'll have it ready to order a couple of test boards by next week. It has actually been going pretty quickly. . .it helps that I haven't got anyone in the house with major demands on my time right now, but two weeks from now, all hobby-time bets are off.  LOLOL

If I finish it and it works out the gate, you starting with a pristine board might be a good idea. . .

Hello Jim, I am very interested in a RAMDISK card for my PEB.

So thank you for doing that.

Wolfgang

• Thanks 1

I'm looking at this particular card, again.

I found some doc's, and I know Mr. Ksarul and mr. Dean said to turn it back into a stock card. And my problem was which doc's to do this by, since I'm now looking at 5 doc's.. but the most interesting doc I found was this.. pictured..my previous card did not have a 138 in U1 position..

So I'm thinking to use this doc.

Also, within this same book I don't get info on bending any pins out. So do I just take for granted these photos with no info on bending pins is just that? Just socketed chips.kerplunk..

I'll have to clean up the expansion jack too, as I'm not sure what it does, but according to the doc, it just jumpers to each static ram pin 20. But prior it was doing other jumps..but shoot, this would be much easier..

IMG_20190810_142710211.jpg

1565466237794686370271.jpg

1565466311106871833448.jpg

Edited by GDMike

Oh, while I wait..had to order 259,02 and a 74LS154 then possibly I can hopefully address my board! All new 8K SRAM now waiting. power section up..I'll be testing to see if I can address the board prior to placing those SRAMs. All other support chips are new and installed... won't be a big drive, but it will work.

IMG_20190816_183544274.jpg

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ksarul said:

I am just getting ready to order a pair of test boards to verify that I did the layout correctly. It isn't ready for sale yet--but if no problems arise, it will be generally available before the Chicago Faire. . .

Thanks Jim!  Really looking forward to the boards.  Pls keep us posted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1