IGNORED

Lynx Games That Came New in Larger Cartons

LynxHandyCaster

In preparation for the next episode of The Atari Lynx HandyCast, I'm researching exactly which Lynx games came housed in the larger cartons (7 5/8” x 5 ½” x 7/8”). At this point, I can only confirm the existence of larger cartons for three games: Blue Lightning, Electrocop, and Gates of Zendocon, the first two of which I already own.

Does anyone here on the forums own larger cartons for any other Lynx games, such as California Games, Chip's Challenge, or Gauntlet: The Third Encounter? Thanks.

Eat. Sleep. LYNX. Repeat.

-Mark

a.k.a. Millipede Man

sml_gallery_40064_2064_644584.jpg

In preparation for the next episode of The Atari Lynx HandyCast, I'm researching exactly which Lynx games came housed in the larger cartons (7 5/8” x 5 ½” x 7/8”). At this point, I can only confirm the existence of larger cartons for three games: Blue Lightning, Electrocop, and Gates of Zendocon, the first two of which I already own.

Does anyone here on the forums own larger cartons for any other Lynx games, such as California Games, Chip's Challenge, or Gauntlet: The Third Encounter? Thanks.

Eat. Sleep. LYNX. Repeat.

-Mark

a.k.a. Millipede Man

sml_gallery_40064_2064_644584.jpg

I have large box Chips Challenge and Gates of Zendocon. If you need pics let me know. Would have to take some digging to get them out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chips-Challenge-Atari-Lynx-Brand-New-Sealed-See-Description/183097728538

That is the one I have. I paid a lot less for it new. Crazy people making up high prices. I think i paid $12 for it new.

Yeah, I saw that $625 listing for a NOS Chip's Challenge this morning. The seller will never get anything close to that starting bid. I paid less than $20 for my NOS copy less than a year ago.

-MillipedeMan

I bought it in 2012 when I was hoovering up Lynx games ;) I had put a request out in the market place and was contacted by a collector, r_type2600

I bought a lot of really cool stuff off him, for probably way too much money... but I was happy with it so...

Interestingly after a series of transactions I noticed that some of the pics he sent me showing me what he had available were on Rygar's website. Specifically this one:post-33058-0-75884600-1519743954_thumb.jpg

Now from his grammar I knew it wasn't Rygar (no offence Rygar ;) ) so I asked him about the connection and never heard from him again. I noticed he posted on here recently.

R_type2600, if you stumble across this post I am still really curious about the photo.

Edit: I just noticed Rygar's site closed in 2016 :sad:

In homage to a fallen icon, rest in peace: RIP* http://jeanphilippe.garin.perso.neuf.fr/Ma%20collection.htm

(This is in homage to the death of a webpage, not a person)

Edited by MrBland
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chips-Challenge-Atari-Lynx-Brand-New-Sealed-See-Description/183097728538

That is the one I have. I paid a lot less for it new. Crazy people making up high prices. I think i paid $12 for it new.

The box in that ebay listing is a small box, not a large one. You can tell by the plastic handle in the back of the box. Large boxes had a smaller handle that was basically a square plastic sheet with a round hole in it. Can you post a picture of your Chip's Challenge box next to any of the smaller Lynx boxes? Nobody seems to have posted a picture of it anywhere on the net and it would be nice to have a reference picture.

Edited by Juan José Torres
  • Like 1