IGNORED

New Eprommer - TL866II Pro

atrax27407

It looks like the venerable TL866 MiniPro series of EPROM programmers has been taken out of production and replaced by the TL866II Pro. The latest software for the new device is Vn 7.03. From the info supplied on the web site, the new EPROM programmer has better support for low voltage EPROMs and also supports about 2,000 more chips. I'm not sure that it would do anything to enhance our community since the maximum voltage of the new device is lower than the present device and might not support the older chips that we use. Besides, at the present time, there are no English docs. I also couldn't find a retail price for the unit.

• Like 4

There has already been an update to the TL866II programmer (more chips added). The latest version is 7.05. There is also a Users Manual PDF on the web site as well. It confirms the fact that this latest device DOES NOT support EPROMs with a VPP of 21V or greater. It is limited to 18V.

If you want to program anything besides 12.5V VPP chips (which includes hundreds of older EPROMs), I would suggest either a MiniPro TL866CS (which is the full name and the one I have) or a TL866A which adds the capability to program serial chips. The fact is, I have a second TL866CS on its way in the mail to serve as a backup to the original which I have had for many years, There are adapters for the TL866CS that will allow you to programs chips up to a full 2 Megs in size. I know this sounds like a commercial but they are relatively cheap. fast, and reliable.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The only difference between the MiniPro TL866 and the TL866II is apparently that the circuitry for EPROMs that require a Vpp of greater than 12.5V has been removed and the circuit for 1.8-3.3V Vpp EPROMs has been added. Depending on the tolerance of undercurrent programming, the MiniPro TL866 will do EPROMs rated at 25V.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Go to the website - there are pictures of the bona fide and counterfeit eprommers. The easy way to tell is that the genuine TL866's have six vent slot and the counterfeit ones have seven and the genuine ones have the two LEDs labeled and the counterfeit ones do not. There are some other labelling differences as well. The website is:

http://www.autoelectric.cn/EN/TL866_MAIN.html

Edited by atrax27407
  • Like 1

Go to the website - there are pictures of the bona fide and counterfeit eprommers. The easy way to tell is that the genuine TL866's have six vent slot and the counterfeit ones have seven and the genuine ones have the two LEDs labeled and the counterfeit ones do not. There are some other labelling differences as well. The website is:

Cool beans, I'm legit! -- Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

It appears I have the labeled LEDs and the six vents. My software is currently 6.60. What version of the software actually removes the 21volts? The latest version I see on the site today for "old hardware" is 6.85 and the TL866II is 8.33?