IGNORED

Pac-Man 256

roadrunner

Yup. Been playing it a lot lately to finish off the achievements on the xbox. It's a long grind to unlock all the powerups.

Can be brutal sometimes with only one life. Most of the powerups are useless. There's only a few that are actually useful.

Got past 100k once, but there are no global leaderboards, so it's hard to compare (unlike steam, although theirs are probably hacked, with 999k scores).

NOTE : There are no mazes to unlock, it just randomly generates different segments, and combines them in one long sequence.

later

Edited by negative1

I had it on my tablet a while back and it's good, but the swiping part made it hard for me to control Pac-Man. Thankfully there's a Steam version I can use with a controller...

It's made by the same guys who made Crossy Road, real awesome game with an unlockable Pac-Man character. :)

Edited by MrMaddog

actually, this is one of the few games, that the swipe controls work well.

it was a mobile game to begin with, so that's why the game has no depth to it.

it was originally just a simple mobile game, that somehow crossed over to pc/console,

but unfortunately the gameplay doesn't improve or have any further challenge once

you unlock everything.

later

You know if they hadn't got a slight bit too aggressive coining their modernized Galaga is fantastic too. It's just that the coinage they spit out isn't enough to continue from the stage you died in so it can get a bit boring if you care about making actual progress. If you take it though like playing Galaga, Gaplus, or Galaga 88 where you just go with a quarter and start over it's solid.

Yup. Been playing it a lot lately to finish off the achievements on the xbox. It's a long grind to unlock all the powerups.

Can be brutal sometimes with only one life. Most of the powerups are useless. There's only a few that are actually useful.

Got past 100k once, but there are no global leaderboards, so it's hard to compare (unlike steam, although theirs are probably hacked, with 999k scores).

NOTE : There are no mazes to unlock, it just randomly generates different segments, and combines them in one long sequence.

later

I meant themes to unlock ;)

I like to use classic 80's

You know if they hadn't got a slight bit too aggressive coining their modernized Galaga is fantastic too. It's just that the coinage they spit out isn't enough to continue from the stage you died in so it can get a bit boring if you care about making actual progress. If you take it though like playing Galaga, Gaplus, or Galaga 88 where you just go with a quarter and start over it's solid.

I played that Galaga game.

For awhile it kept crashing on me but they fixed that problem.

Game does have alot of ads tho, and long wait to use unlocked level ups. Up to a 4 hour wait!!

I meant themes to unlock ;)

I like to use classic 80's

On the consoles, the themes are already unlocked, so no need to grind for them.

However, i remember the pc version having some kind of time lock for the powerups,

so you had to wait some time between powerups, even if you had the coins.

Also, on the pc version the 5 coin pickup didn't work, so it took even longer to get money.

later

• Like 1

On the consoles, the themes are already unlocked, so no need to grind for them.

However, i remember the pc version having some kind of time lock for the powerups,

so you had to wait some time between powerups, even if you had the coins.

Also, on the pc version the 5 coin pickup didn't work, so it took even longer to get money.

later

Good info :thumbsup:

I'm playing on android, grinding away ;)