IGNORED

Need help with XEGS Games list.

Schitti

Is there a complete List with all for the Atari XEGS released games?
No Homebrews or Repros, but gladly unreleased Titles too.

I would like to create a list online in our database, for a better overview and would be grateful for any help.

How many titles would that be?

Thanks in advance

My tower toppler always has error in enemy who appear at intervals and will fly be me..

unfortunately people keep posting prototypes as the image in place of real releases a number of times. it does get to be a problem. If there is a proto the rule should be to post the full versions, fixes, releases, and other such things with them.. still dealing with this sort of thing 30 years later...

Edited by _The Doctor__

Thank you,I already had all the titles listed there minus Eastern Front. Does this title count?

What about Tower Toppler? Prototype

Are there more?

That list also only includes the blue box releases, and omits the older titles re-released by Atari in 1987 and with that ‘also plays on XEGS’ label, such as Millipede and Ms. Pac-Man. Ok, these might be a stretch, but they had been out of stores for at least three or four years before that.

• Like 1

Thank you,

I already had all the titles listed there minus Eastern Front. Does this title count?

What about Tower Toppler? Prototype

Are there more?

Eastern Front was published for the XEGS. As for the prototypes..... There are lots of prototypes, out there but I don't know which ones were specifically developed for the XEGS. But if you do a google search, I am sure you will find out.

Eastern Front started out as an APX program for the 400/800. I had it on cassette BITD. I had no idea until the 21st century that it was ever available on cartridge as a "real" Atari published title. I have since acquired it in a brown metal (400/800 style) cartridge for nostalgia's sake.

• Like 2

That list also only includes the blue box releases, and omits the older titles re-released by Atari in 1987 and with that ‘also plays on XEGS’ label, such as Millipede and Ms. Pac-Man. Ok, these might be a stretch, but they had been out of stores for at least three or four years before that.

thanks,

i am thinking about listing only the blue releases. Adding the silver titles, would maybe expand the XEGS intention beyond my goal.

Just for interest, it is in this case about how many silver titles we are talking here? twenty?

Eastern Front started out as an APX program for the 400/800. I had it on cassette BITD. I had no idea until the 21st century that it was ever available on cartridge as a "real" Atari published title. I have since acquired it in a brown metal (400/800 style) cartridge for nostalgia's sake.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I ment that there is a blue box XEGS release of it with a XE style cartridge ;)

Edited by Fred_M

I always liked this site's list for XE games.

It has some availability information, lists

protos, some planned titles, has the demo

cart, and shows the pack-ins separately.

The "Never Released" status' for Commando

and Xenophobe would be "Prototytpe" now,

though, since these are both available.

The site is no longer being hosted live but

can be retrieved through "The WayBack

Machine".

Atari Explorer: XE Game List

• Like 2

what about Mean 18 and Midi maze?

Both are prototype status from 1989 and not finished?

Yes, a couple of omissions there. Still a good site for information, and I like the format.

The demo cartridge counts as xegs too?

It's an XE cart game demo. I think it includes 4 different games on 1 cart.

Edited by MrFish

Well,

for some games it is difficult to say if they count as XEGS titles, many of the older tape, disk or cart based games have been re-released on grey XEGS carts, but they still used the old silver (or black) A5 sized boxes with stickers on them "also plays on the XL/XE computers and the XEGS" or something like that. I do have Pole Position, Joust, Moon Patrol, Football and a few others as a grey XEGS cart, but the box is an old silver box and the manual is also the older silver one.

The "Eastern Front 1941" game comes with a blue XEGS box, but the cart is NOT a grey XEGS cart, its an older brown cart (used with the 800 and XL series) but with a blue XEGS label on it. Then I have Star Raiders in an A5 sized black box (looks the same as the old A4 sized box for the 800), the cart is a brown one with silver label, but the manual is the usual (XEGS cart) white-blue paper with the text "Star Raiders cassette loading instructions" and a single added sheet on how to load the cartridge...

So, it looks like Tramiel made many new XEGS carts but also recycled all older stuff (cart shells, boxes, etc.) that was still available in the Atari warehouses, so you have mixes of XEGS carts with 800 or XL boxes, XL manuals and other funny things...

Edited by CharlieChaplin

what about Mean 18 and Midi maze?

Both are prototype status from 1989 and not finished?

The demo cartridge counts as xegs too?

While Mean 18 is an unplayable mess, MIDI Maze is probably the most technically accomplished game Atari ever developed (by way of Xanth) for the 8-bits. I can’t see how it could be described as unfinished.

Jinks -ugh- was, of course, never released, but it is complete. At least it’s better than the 7800 horror!

While Mean 18 is an unplayable mess, MIDI Maze is probably the most technically accomplished game Atari ever developed (by way of Xanth) for the 8-bits. I can’t see how it could be described as unfinished.

Jinks -ugh- was, of course, never released, but it is complete. At least it’s better than the 7800 horror!

there was also super football,

http://members.tcq.net/video61/dis.html

and i have super huey which also was announced, except its not finished that i can tell.

lance

www.atarisales.com

• Like 1

there was also super football,

http://members.tcq.net/video61/dis.html

and i have super huey which also was announced, except its not finished that i can tell.

lance

www.atarisales.com

Lance, is that the Cosmi game or something different? Do you have screenshots or a video?

Sad to see that so many great A8 titles ALMOST made it out the door...it looks like Deflektor would have been the next planned release, although it appears that MIDI Maze was ready first.

Lance, is that the Cosmi game or something different? Do you have screenshots or a video?

Sad to see that so many great A8 titles ALMOST made it out the door...it looks like Deflektor would have been the next planned release, although it appears that MIDI Maze was ready first.

it was a typical jack t. release. most of his existing stuff he either bought, or got a cheap license for. super huey was the cosmi release, from what i can tell, atari may have tired to spruce it up a bit like what they did with choplifter.

i posted a youtube and also had a discussion of it here,

http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/1897-super-huey-uh-ix-prototype-cart-for-atari-xl-xe/

sorry albert, i cannot put up the youtube address, because for some reason it was taken down. i never saw it disappear off of my youtube list, so this address is the only one i have on the super huey discussion.

someday i will post a youtube again. it seems not to do much, i got it to react a little, so its unfinished as far as i can tell. in actuality, i only tinkered with it a few times. never have enough time.

lance

www.atarisales.com

• Like 1

Eastern Front was published for the XEGS. As for the prototypes..... There are lots of prototypes, out there but I don't know which ones were specifically developed for the XEGS. But if you do a google search, I am sure you will find out.

A few that I have which reproductions were made of later

- Xenophobe - good

- Commando - Excellent

- MIDI Maze - Good

- Mean 18 - Pretty awful - the redraw is terrible.