IGNORED

What is this music I am working on?

newcoleco

here are 3 rough examples NOT cleaned up of f18a graphics. These are legal 256x192 using max 256 tiles screens for the colecovision commando with f18a graphics. I used some f18a sprites I had previously created just to show colourful ness of the sprite possibilities.

these are commando sprite but just for example

coleco f18a test003

coleco f18a test002

coleco f18a test001

• Like 2

Dear ColecoVision friends,

I'm happy the music and sounds I've composed made you dream and very enthusiast.

By my own fault of sharing freely what I do, I've caused a hype.
That hype is now amplified and I don't know what to do about it.
These f18a graphics look too good to be true, but I trust your word.

All I imagined so far to be possible CV graphics for this game is no way near what is shared here.

I've never said I would make this a game project but I was tempted to do a prototype.

I'm having anxiety by fear to disappoint due to the expectation; why I've done this to myself?

I see only one solution for my sanity and it's to do whatever I want but in secret, most probably a different game.

To everyone: Use my sound files if you want, just think of me when you do.

To Gerry: It's not your fault, and thanks for sharing. You have a good idea about how to code it. I wish you good luck.

Best regards,

NewColeco

here are 3 rough examples NOT cleaned up of f18a graphics. These are legal 256x192 using max 256 tiles screens for the colecovision commando with f18a graphics. I used some f18a sprites I had previously created just to show colourful ness of the sprite possibilities.

these are commando sprite but just for example

I encourage you to give it a try

Hey. If anyone wants we should discuss commando in a separayte thread. I didn't mean to highjack this thread with my post. Not saying i'm doing this just though it was interesting to see if colecovision could do it which I feel confident it could. I'll just start a thread.

Edited by digress
  • Like 1

Dear ColecoVision friends,

I'm happy the music and sounds I've composed made you dream and very enthusiast.

By my own fault of sharing freely what I do, I've caused a hype.

That hype is now amplified and I don't know what to do about it.

These f18a graphics look too good to be true, but I trust your word.

All I imagined so far to be possible CV graphics for this game is no way near what is shared here.

I've never said I would make this a game project but I was tempted to do a prototype.

I'm having anxiety by fear to disappoint due to the expectation; why I've done this to myself?

I think it's good to share anything on the forums. I did post my Colecovision ROM mock-up before and made it clear that I'm not interested making a game. People have PM me and I did explain that they were only mock-up. I think the people were really confused when I posted 2 projects I did making a SCUMM and Sierra mouse engine. I was thinking maybe that would inspire people to make a game for the Colecovision. And I do need to get around building an adventure game eventually.

Making a game is a long time consuming project, so I understand. I also have to redraw the graphic with ICVGM or CV SPRITE to get the best result. Even if someone give me a sprite sheet and background sheet, I'll draw it in those tool. Spunky's Title screen took about 5 hours to make 2 sheets of tiles for example.

I do appreciate you sharing a lot and it got me to learn how to program in C and get a better understanding how programming works.

I share to see what the people's reception of the game/project and I do want people to play the game and give feedback like the Atari and Intellivision side. I do find it hard to get feedback, since my games aren't from the arcade or well-known port. I do appreciate the community though.

And it's really nice seeing you back on the forums. :)

Kiwi

• Like 1