IGNORED

STUNT CAR RACER?

Irgendwer

This is an amazing effort, thank you Fandal and Irgendwer! It's fantastic to see the obvious love and attention that went into this version! I played the hell out of this on the Atari ST nearly 30 years ago, and now I can look forward to playing it on the 8-bit.

Someone should update the Stunt Car Racer page on Wikipedia to include this new and amazing Atari 8-bit version. :)

..Al

• Like 9

I'm so impressed with the game, even on an un-accelerated Atari, that I've finally decided to take the plunge and get a Rapidus so I can then play, as far as I know, the fastest version ever!

• Like 2

Irgendwer

Please know that for every 1 'suggestion/complaint' there are thousands of thank you's that will take it how it is...

Some may ask that a hard drive friendly version be worked on however, since disk space would allow it.

I hope everyone can see fit to help in a friendly tone and way of talking. Might it also be suggested there be donations to our coding friends... perhaps they have patreon, of fund me, or pay pal...

It is a joyous gift, and perhaps some giving is order to make some happy in place of tough talk.

Irgenderwer/Fandal +2018, peanut gallery 0 (zero)

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 5

This is an amazing effort, thank you Fandal and Irgendwer! It's fantastic to see the obvious love and attention that went into this version! I played the hell out of this on the Atari ST nearly 30 years ago, and now I can look forward to playing it on the 8-bit.

Someone should update the Stunt Car Racer page on Wikipedia to include this new and amazing Atari 8-bit version. :)

..Al

Wiki updated (just the list of platforms) :-)

• Like 4

No one denies that Fandal and Irgendwer put an enormous effort to bring this game to us. I can't even imagine how much was that. Guys, I really appreciate it :)

Let's not forget why we all are doing that - for fun!

And for those having nothing but complaints - try to do anything on your own instead!

@xxl - No, I don't feel ashamed. You should - for trying to divide Atari community as you have been doing on polish forums. At least let's keep this place clean from our local "mess".

• Like 2

Just try to balance out the various remarks; there are many more very positive and encouraging ones (page after page here) -- even from those who have a few negative things to say.

And I think, in this case, the criticisms are amplified by the excitement over how great the game is in the first place.

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1

Just had a few tries at this on real hardware (Incognito 800) booted from a real floppy. MIND BLOWN. The emulation experience is NOT the same, folks. This will be in my heavy rotation for the foreseeable future.

Thank you so much for this amazing piece of work!

Edited by adam242
  • Like 2

Irgendwer

Please know that for every 1 'suggestion/complaint' there are thousands of thank you's that will take it how it is...

Some may ask that a hard drive friendly version be worked on however, since disk space would allow it.

I hope everyone can see fit to help in a friendly tone and way of talking. Might it also be suggested there be donations to our coding friends... perhaps they have patreon, of fund me, or pay pal...

It is a joyous gift, and perhaps some giving is order to make some happy in place of tough talk.

Irgenderwer/Fandal +2018, peanut gallery 0 (zero)

Yes, yes yes. A Patreon fund for the hard work is a must.

Please be civil!

When I'm reading your posts, for some reasons always Monty Python comes to my mind ;)

You don't know what I'm talking about and get personal against me every time by that.

The Game is outstanding great.

But, how about asking Fragmare, Dippy or Tobikomi for a fitting tune? They seem to learn quickly, using POKEY the right way.

Edited by emkay

@Gunstar, try grabbing it from the first post again, somewhere in the thread I thought I saw mention of fixes being applied for some reason, I could be wrong..

The saving works 100% on the version I'm using...There's 5 slots to save to.

Super super game..

• Like 1

• complaining that loading times are too long (hey, you waited nearly 30 years for it?!). How long do you normally play in relation to the loading time - does it really matter? The memory footprint is very tight, I'm glad we were able to have the IO stuff inside this otherwise not full featured port - thanks to xBIOS.

This is where emulation is your friend. I just hit the 'full speed' key and don't have to wait long for the game to load.