IGNORED

QUIKLOAD HELP

sparkdrummer

I am wanting to use QUIKLOAD on my main system.

The version I want to use is the file named QUIK/M - This file is for use with a Myarc 128/512 memory card.

It works fine but It does not default to a set up I want.

When it sets up the ramdisk on the card it defaults setting up the drive to DSK1. I want it set to DSK5.

When the program asks which drive you want to copy from, it will only go up to DSK4 - I need it to go to DSK9.

Can any E/A programmers out there have a look at the file QUIK/M and maybe change the defaults to what I listed above?

QUIKLOAD.DSK

• Like 1

Schmitzi - Yes, If you have a Supercart you should be able to load and run Myarc XBII - it runs very fast and is compatible with "most" XB titles. Plus the fact that you can set it up as a ramdisk (360k with 128k reserved for XBII or 400k with normal 32k)

Having these Myarc cardsis the main reason why I haven't gotten a SAMs card - Ksarul states they are not happy in a box together. I have to have the Myarcs - so no SAMS for me...

The Myarc cards also have a print spooler option which I haven't used in years. I used it a lot back in the day when VAST News was sent to my Panasonic dot matrix printer.

• Like 3

Software should be on the card in the DSR - They are all CALL's

example:

CALL PART(32,400,80) - sets memory at 32k, the ramdisk at 1528 sectors, print spooler at 80k

CALL PART(128,360,24) sets memory at 128k for Myarc XBII, the ramdisk at 1440 sectors, print spooler at 24k

CALL EMDK(n) Where n is a number from 0 to 5

CALL RDDIR does a catalog of the ramdisk if initialized

CALL RDTEST - does a test of the memory chips

The card is recognized and can be manipulated using Myarc MDM5 - I recommend Version 1.5.

• Like 1

ah cool.

And I found "it". I started 2 years ago to collect all the devices and calls of cards, but I totally forgot about :)

So now I was able to add your parameters and comments here :)

What about the empty ones, like ABSP and VOL ? (but I think I just have to go through all given manuals)

The DSR-devices (I mean i.e. DSK1 DSK2 a.s.o.) I read out with Fread Kaals IDE-tool. It shows them all

thanks

Here how it looks in my .XLS :

post-41141-0-26795000-1520102117_thumb.jpg

post-41141-0-91715500-1520102235_thumb.jpg

Well after fiddle-farting around some more with the QUIK/M file I was able change the limit of drive 1 thru 4 to drive 1 thru 9, Still would like to have the initialization default the ramdisk to 5 though. Apparently when it performs the CALL PART it has the drive set to 5 but when it's done copying files to the ramdisk it sets it from 5 to 1. Why?, because it can....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, As the above post states I am able to load from drive 9 but for the life of me cannot figure out where to change the final EMDK from 1 to 5. I see there were 10 downloads, has anyone lookyloo'd it? Or am I poo out of luck.

I did indeed download it, as I do all the goodies, while I am at work. But sorry, I have been very busy building a SUV from scratch basically and have not had time to even glance at the contents.

To newbies interested in Sparkdrummer's thread and those with a little used Super Cartridge interested is seeing what QUICKLOAD by the late John Birdwell is all about,

<< CLICK THIS DOWNLOAD LINK >>. The ZIP file contains the various versions, even a later HDX compatible version along with a newer PDF manual.

Before Extended BASIC 2.7S, the FlashROM 99 or the FinalGROM 99, a SuperCart loaded with QUICKLOAD was the bomb!