IGNORED

NanoPEB, help me understand it

hunter44102

With NanoPEB and Extended basic connected, I turn on the TI computer. (NanoPEB-F18 V1)

I select 2 for Extended basic but it takes me to CF7+ Manager

How do I exit to Extended basic?

What I am trying to do is go to Extended basic, load cassette programs and save them to a volume on the NanoPEB CF card so I can archive them.

Also I believe the first two volumes have utilities on them. Do I use the third volume to store my files?

Thanks! I am an old TI user but never used Disks. Always used Tape

Welcome!!! If it is a new CF card, youll need to format it and put yourself a *blank disk* in the virtual drive. You must mount the disks in the drives by using TI BASIC and the CALL MOUNT command.

For a good example of how this is done, watch the archive from yesterdays CTIUG meeting on Ustream.

Good luck!!!!

• Like 2

With NanoPEB and Extended basic connected, I turn on the TI computer. (NanoPEB-F18 V1)

I select 2 for Extended basic but it takes me to CF7+ Manager

How do I exit to Extended basic?

What I am trying to do is go to Extended basic, load cassette programs and save them to a volume on the NanoPEB CF card so I can archive them.

Also I believe the first two volumes have utilities on them. Do I use the third volume to store my files?

Thanks! I am an old TI user but never used Disks. Always used Tape

I don't recall but DSK1 may already be mounted and XB searches for 'LOAD' program on the disk.

Go into basic (1) and type OLD DSK1.CATALOG

and run that and then catalog disk 1, if you see a LOAD program then that's what's happening.

Do you have the manual?

• Like 1

Upon booting the computer and while it's autoloading the LOAD file on DSK1. you can press and hold FCTN (function) 4 and it will halt the execution of the file. You will then be in Extended Basic and should be able to load your cassette files as you see fit.

• Like 2

Another suggestion is to rename the LOAD program on "Vol1" to XLOAD and it won't autoload CFMGR. I usually mount my Vol1 as DSK3, i.e.; CALL MOUNT(3,1). That way I can call up a catalog or the CFMGR when I need them and use the other to DSKs for my file saving, copying and manipulating.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,
I need some support too.

Since nearly three months I'm back in my TI-Hobby after about 30 years.

I bought some additional Hardware like a FG99, a Speech Synthesizer and a nanoPEB and tried some old programs I have in TI-Basic and XB.

All works fine. Now I did a small XB program to manage my nanoPEB volumes for different Environments. It's a simpl menue with include the disk catalog and Mount the volumes I Need for TI-Basic, XB, TI-Writer and E/A....

When I start my program in TI Basic all works fine. If I start the program in XB the catalog part works, but all parts with the command MOUNT(X,Y) do not work.

From XB I get the message "Subprogram Not Found in XXXX". If I try in Command Mode from the XB prompt Mount(X,Y) works.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

• Like 1

Hi all,

I need some support too.

Since nearly three months I'm back in my TI-Hobby after about 30 years.

I bought some additional Hardware like a FG99, a Speech Synthesizer and a nanoPEB and tried some old programs I have in TI-Basic and XB.

All works fine. Now I did a small XB program to manage my nanoPEB volumes for different Environments. It's a simpl menue with include the disk catalog and Mount the volumes I Need for TI-Basic, XB, TI-Writer and E/A....

When I start my program in TI Basic all works fine. If I start the program in XB the catalog part works, but all parts with the command MOUNT(X,Y) do not work.

From XB I get the message "Subprogram Not Found in XXXX". If I try in Command Mode from the XB prompt Mount(X,Y) works.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

CALL MOUNT won't work inside a program, as others have said. But have a look at this page [http://gtello.pagesperso-orange.fr/ti99_e.htm] and there's a program you can use to switch volumes within a program. Scroll down that page to the picture of the NanoPEB and that's where the details are.

• Like 1

The XMOUNT that Stuart talks about above works great. I have an 8 meg card that I built up that has games on VOL's 2 thru 8. VOL 1 contains my system disk. I run BOOT from VOL 1 and have it's menu set up to goto each VOL that contains a LOAD menu to boot the games on that particular volume. Once I've played whichever game from whichever VOL it resorts back to VOL 1 mounted correctly.IT WORKS GREAT! no nanoPEB should be without it. Should I upload the disks from this small card?

• Like 1

Likely wont work. The ide/sdcard has to support the low level access he uses

Also there's a thread about this already I believe, maybe a search of the forum?

Likely wont work. The ide/sdcard has to support the low level access he uses

Also there's a thread about this already I believe, maybe a search of the forum?

Do you have a link? Searching for Nanopeb SD only brought this thread up.

The XMOUNT that Stuart talks about above works great. I have an 8 meg card that I built up that has games on VOL's 2 thru 8. VOL 1 contains my system disk. I run BOOT from VOL 1 and have it's menu set up to goto each VOL that contains a LOAD menu to boot the games on that particular volume. Once I've played whichever game from whichever VOL it resorts back to VOL 1 mounted correctly.IT WORKS GREAT! no nanoPEB should be without it. Should I upload the disks from this small card?

Hi sparkdrummer,

the same I will do, yes please upload your disks. I will test it on my TI.