IGNORED

Convert from TIFILES format to Text?

unhuman

Looks like I lost / can't find / whatever my old files. I'd love to be able to get the code as text out. Possible?

I'll lose my comments (since those were inline), but at least I'd have my code.

Thanks - Howie

Are you using a real TI or emulation like Classic 99. If you are using Classic99 you can load the program up and do a LIST CLIP and it will list it all to your windows clipboard and you can just paste from there.

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 1

Works for me, too, thanks! I had to put "CLIP" in quotes.

On the real iron with the SXB cart, list "DSKn.fileLST" :28: worked great. The :28: option held it to a screen-width margin so it matched the on-screen listing. (Or use :80: or :132: to match your printer if going for a hardcopy.)

That method (LIST "DSKn.file") doesn't work well for me in emulation. The text file is all one "paragraph" with no return at the end of a program line so it's all jumbled together. On top of that, it adds gibberish in random spots. That takes a lot of careful editing for just a listing.

I'm running Classic99 under emulation using Virtual PC on my old Mac. So LIST "CLIP" is slow as molasses, but easier to make a listing since I don't have to "fix" the resulting listing. Tursi to the rescue!

[edited for clarity]

Edited by Ed in SoDak
  • Like 2

If you just want a text file in Windows, you can also do

LIST "DSK1.?W.TEXTFILE.TXT"

The "?W" makes Classic99 write a Windows-style text file. (Use whatever filename you like in lieu of "TEXTFILE.TXT", but you should still include the .TXT extension.)

Saves the step of pasting the clipboard. ;)

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 2

That method (LIST "DSKn.file") doesn't work well for me in emulation. The text file is all one "paragraph" with no return at the end of a program line so it's all jumbled together. On top of that, it adds gibberish in random spots. That takes a lot of careful editing for just a listing.

Just to clarify, the reason for this is that the emulator has still written a DV80-style TI file - you're seeing the raw sector formatting for the disk. :)

Just to clarify, the reason for this is that the emulator has still written a DV80-style TI file - you're seeing the raw sector formatting for the disk. :)

That makes sense, though the listing is intact when loaded into a Mac text-editing program. It's just all strung together with slices of gibberish added. A straight D/V80 fie makes more sense and can be fixed more easily using find/replace.

Here's a short sample clipped from my Timer program:

-=-=-=-=-=CLIP=-=-=-=-=-

XB list clip:

1050 DISPLAY AT(4,0):"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TIMER 6.04 ~~ 11/28/00 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"P1060 CALL GCHAR(1,29,T):: IF T=58 THEN GOTO 1510 ! checks for colon to skip e/a clock if already loadedˇ7745" :: RETURN

700 ! PRESCANˇash2,Wash3ˇP1075 IF VERS<120 THEN DISPLAY AT(16,0):"~~ TI's Extended BASIC ~~": :" ~~ TeKsting EA Clock ~~" :: VERS=130 :: VER$="EDXB" ! GOTO 1550 ! skip clock optsP1100 FOR CLKCHOICE=1 TO 20 :: DISPLAY AT(9,1):"CLOCK?": :" 1=Continous 2=ResetˇESCANˇash2,Wash3ˇN": :" 3=Sequence 4=None > 4" :: DISPLAY AT(13,27):"4" ! exb clock choices91150 CALL KEY(3,A,Q):: IF Q<>0 THEN CLK=A-48 :: GOTO 122551200

What a mess!!

DV80 doc file clip:

!Timer was originally created on a&Timex/Sinclair 1000, written to assist#me with the new home color darkroom%processes. The TS1000 computer had no$sound, and few screen displays otherˇ&than PRINT, so Timer v1.0 was a fairlysimple program.

-=-=-=-=-=END CLIP=-=-=-=-=-

With a short program, it's tedious, but relatively easy to clean up the listing, add returns and remove the gibberish like you see at line 700 above. For a long program such as Timer, it was much easier to port it from the iron via LIST "RS232" and capture it on my Mac using Zterm's screen log. If it was a file only on my Mac as an emulator file, I first had to convert and transfer it to the TI to be able to LIST it back to the Mac.

So it's easy for me to say THANK YOU TURSI! for providing a way to get a clean listing. You guys earn my respect daily!

-Ed

Edited by Ed in SoDak
  • Like 1