IGNORED

THE MISSING LINK DEMO

sparkdrummer

ML_DEMO.DSK

For the life of me I cannot understand why there was not any software built around this POWERFUL software extension? of Extended Basic. Harry is to be commended yet again (and again) to the software his fertile mind has created. I thank you Harry. Even though I am in no sense a programmer (I'm a class A USER!), I am going to play with this more to try and understand it's power better.

This demo rivals or betters what I've seen done with Myarc Extended Basic II. That's saying something - because XBII runs in 128k and is totally assembly - no GROM.

Don't believe the old Arizona Fart? Run this demo and you'll see.

I might even come up with some kind of contest to all the XB programmers to try and get some traction with TML - game, utility, you name it.

• Like 3

There were actually a couple programs that used TML. The first one was "Who's behind the Mexican UFO's" by Chris Bodenmiller, and the second one was "Orbital Rendez-vous" by myself, both found on the TI Gameshelf site. My program took advantage of the bitmap graphics extensions supplied by TML, but given that it was still XB, it was very slow in execution because it did a lot of complex floating point calculations.

• Like 1

Yes, that's the same TML. I bought the package way back in the day and created that game for it. I also used it to create a bitmap slideshow and experiment with 3D graphics, before TML I could only really do that at school on the Apple 2... I really loved that package. :)

My game isn't very good though. ;)

http://harmlesslion.com/software/tmnt

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 2

Yes, that's the same TML. I bought the package way back in the day and created that game for it. I also used it to create a bitmap slideshow and experiment with 3D graphics, before TML I could only really do that at school on the Apple 2... I really loved that package. icon_smile.gif

My game isn't very good though. icon_wink.gif

http://harmlesslion.com/software/tmnt

It's the best TMNT game for the 99/4a! :)

Greg

Until the last couple of years, the bar for "best game on the TI" was set pretty low. ;)

The history of that game is slightly interesting. My buddy and I were harassing Konami for permission to do a legal port of the arcade brawler to the TI. We took parallel paths -- mine ended up with a polite rejection letter on letterhead (which I believe I still have!), while my buddy got yelled at over the phone by a legal aide. ;)

After the failures I still had the bug for TMNT, so when I got TML I decided to use it to make something with big sprites, and that was the result. ;) TML and TI Artist+ were the most used software packages I ever purchased. (And Telco the most used that I didn't....)

• Like 3