IGNORED

TI-99/4A Stuff - The "what I'm looking to buy" topic.

Omega-TI

Eventually we all want a specific item for our TI setups. Problem is, sometimes no matter how much searching you do, the wanted item may never show up. This topic is to "put the word out" that you are looking for something specific. Who knows, the guy reading it may have one lying around that they no longer need or want.

• Like 2

A Nanopeb,I'm just not willing to pay 79 Euros for what looks like an inferior product from Stargames which looks like the only European supplier available and besides that the components that make up the nanopeb are cheap as chips to buy.

I think ArcadeShopper gets these from Ralph and sells these on his website

Ralph also makes NanoPEB and CF7 cases as well that Greg might have in stock as well.

On the off chance someone has a spare I'd be interested - I've already ruled out the new ones as out of budget :)

actually, i have been looking for some plastic-type buttons for my FG99.

it's one of the preassembled boards, but I have it inside a old TI cart that sacrificed its life for the cause; the holes are drilled to access the switches, but right now I'm using a bamboo skewer to push the switches on the board ;)

they'd need to be about the diameter of the switches, and roughly the same height as the front side of a TI cart. (if that helps)

actually, i have been looking for some plastic-type buttons for my FG99.

it's one of the preassembled boards, but I have it inside a old TI cart that sacrificed its life for the cause; the holes are drilled to access the switches, but right now I'm using a bamboo skewer to push the switches on the board ;)

they'd need to be about the diameter of the switches, and roughly the same height as the front side of a TI cart. (if that helps)

Being a cheap bastidge, I've used short bits of tubing to contact the switch and clear the case enough to work. If the microswitch ends in a little post sticking up, a small inner diameter tube might grip the post well enough. Or fill the end of the tube with something. Even a short dowel might work. Keep it in the case with an o-ring on the tube inside. Not too elegant but might be better than stabbing semi-blindly though the hole with a stick.

Or, yeah, actual buttons. :ponder:

• Like 1

Hmmm.... Id love to tell you that theyre cheap and then steal it off you for a song but theyre rare and desirable. :)

If its functional, in good shape, maybe docs(?) youre looking at some bucks... probably not as much as a GRAM Kracker, but definitely more than a hill of beans. :)

Ksarul can give you historical numbers, but Id say youre looking somewhere between a benji and dos benjis... eBay will get you the best price, but I bet youll have some takers on here.

Good luck... wish I was in the mix. :)

Being a cheap bastidge, I've used short bits of tubing to contact the switch and clear the case enough to work. If the microswitch ends in a little post sticking up, a small inner diameter tube might grip the post well enough. Or fill the end of the tube with something. Even a short dowel might work. Keep it in the case with an o-ring on the tube inside. Not too elegant but might be better than stabbing semi-blindly though the hole with a stick.

Or, yeah, actual buttons. icon_ponder.gif

i can 3d print buttons.. those are easy

Almost everything I want is readily available but a bit pricey. Especially when it all adds up.

Modded rs232 card for PEB.

1MB SAMS for PEB.

3D printed cases for side cart 32k (x2), and nanPEB.

Dust cover for console.

BreakFree cart.

Things I want that aren't out yet but are in the works.

TiPi for PEB.

Dragon's Laire cart.

Things I want that no one has made yet.

3D printed case for TiPi side cart.

Things I want that could help me get others things I want.

3D printer.

Winning lotto ticket for tens of millions.

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 3

Almost everything I want is readily available but a bit pricey. Especially when it all adds up.

Modded rs232 card for PEB. Mod your own the daughterboard is only 10$ parts are not that much soldering is not hard the worst part is removing the original rom

1MB SAMS for PEB. 80 bucks is not that pricey for a built one or again, build your own its not that bad of soldering either

Dust cover for console. i should really start carrying these, I had a guy talking about making them

BreakFree cart. me or jim are the only source for these

Modded rs232 card for PEB.

Mod your own the daughterboard is only 10$ parts are not that much soldering is not hard the worst part is removing the original rom

*I don't currently own an RS232 card for my PEB.

1MB SAMS for PEB.

80 bucks is not that pricey for a built one or again, build your own its not that bad of soldering either.

*Trying to get 80 bux approved by my handler to cover a single retro-computer purchase is not an easy task. Then add the price of everything else to that.

Dust cover for console.

i should really start carrying these, I had a guy talking about making them

*That would be great, and a less expensive upgrade on my path to having it all. :)

BreakFree cart.

me or jim are the only source for these

*Yep I know. Well i didn't know about Jim, I thought you were the only game (hehe see what I did there?) in town. ;)

what typically happens is, I get funds and am about to buy something but electronic parts here, a tool there, seems to take priority. with all the TI stuff mentioned above, it's always, *maybe next paycheck*.. My handler takes the time to add these things up and show me what I've spent at the end of the month. That usually puts a damper on the $30 and up purchases. I have a small budget for these things.... I should probably get over my hoarding dilemma and sell things to get more things.

• Like 1