IGNORED

The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (Atari 8-Bit POKEY Chiptune)

Fragmare

Neat... epic tune. Just what I needed to break up my day of design work.

BTW, are you doing all these converted title screens yourself? Nice to see them in Atari 8-bit centric resolution.

Thanks! Glad it could be of some use lol... Yea, i'm converting them to 7800 spec and redrawing them, typically 160a or 160b mode, also using the A78 palette. Usually, these title screens are just done hastily while i'm waiting on the Youtube vid to encode. If I spent more time on them, I'm sure they could look quite a bit better. They could probably easily be converted to A8 spec, if the need arose... I'm using pretty minimal colors in most of them. I draw pixel art and game graphics in addition to making chiptunes, though, usually for the PC-Engine/TG-16. I'm just beginning to draw pixel art for the Atari 8-bit and 7800 lines.

Edited by Fragmare

Thanks! Glad it could be of some use lol... Yea, i'm converting them to 7800 spec and redrawing them, typically 160a or 160b mode, also using the A78 palette. Usually, these title screens are just done hastily while i'm waiting on the Youtube vid to encode. If I spent more time on them, I'm sure they could look quite a bit better. They could probably easily be converted to A8 spec, if the need arose... I'm using pretty minimal colors in most of them. I draw pixel art and game graphics in addition to making chiptunes, though, usually for the PC-Engine/TG-16. I'm just beginning to draw pixel art for the Atari 8-bit and 7800 lines.

OK, I see. Welcome to the world of oblong pixels. :D I do a fair amount of conversion work for the system myself; occasionally I show some of it.

Most of what I've seen of your 7800 stuff looks like it could be done on the A8's too; it's usually just a matter of making use of P/M graphics to add the extra colors needed.

Some people seem accidently to do the right stuff ...

Interleaving Antic D and E solves a lot of problems. You get a better ratio to the screen, and a lot of CPU cycles get saved. There is enough detail , and if the coder always moves the objects 2 pixels vertically, there will never be any graphical glitch.

But people seems to like to return to old mistakes in prior to polish the reached development. Particular when it comes to music.