IGNORED

UberHDX

acadiel

I saw one mention of this in the cart image thread, but figure you folks with UberGROM boards *might* want to take a look at this. Fred had kind of snuck this under the radar, and is giving us another good usage of the UberGROM serial port. Tim has been doing the same with TIMXT and countless others (me included) have been experimenting with TTL serial to WiFi adapters as well. :) There's also no reason someone can't take a 5V serial TTL Bluetooth module and pair it a PC's virtual COM port to use the HDX server wireless as well. :)

http://www.ti99-geek.nl/Projects/ti99hdx/ti99hdx_ubergrom.html

-----

UberHdx is a file / program manager special for the UBERGrom module and is derived from Diskmanager 2000. The main feature of UberHdx is that it can communicate with the Ti99Hdx server over the serial port (UART) so that in an easy way files can be copied to and from any mass storage device (DSK, HDFC, SCS, IDE) inclusive the Cf7a+'s and nanoPEB's CompactFlash card.

To use the UBERGrom device for the Ti99Hdx project you only need to add a TTL to RS232 converter to the UBERGrom's UART connection and create a cable to connect this RS232 serial port to a COM-port of the PC.
This download also contains an image file EAPROM_V_UG.BIN for the AT49F040 FlashRom containing the Editor/Assembler V module with an UTILITIES menu containing:
  • DM2K 2.6
  • CF2K 2.5
  • DU2K 2.1
  • CfHdxS 2.0 (nanoPEB)
  • UberHdx 2.0 (for UBERGrom)
  • Dsk2Pc 2.1 (for UBERGrom)
And this program also supports (if a Cf7a+ or nanoPEB is used):
  • Mount another volume for DSK1 (ctrl-1), DSK2 (ctrl-2) or DSK3 (ctrl-3)
  • Select the next volume (ctrl-D) if DSK1, DSK2 or DSK3 is the source device
  • Select the previous volume (ctrl-S) if DSK1, DSK2 or DSK3 is the source device
But this program doesn't support:
  • Formatting of floppy disks
  • Printing of catalogs
  • Copy / Move / Delete directory structures
To use the UBERGrom device for the Ti99Hdx project you only need to add a TTL to RS232 converter to the UBERGrom's UART connection and create a cable to connect this RS232 serial port to a COM-port of the PC.
A TTL to RS232 converter can be found in many variations on the internet for not even a fist full of dollars.
The UBERGrom's UART must be mapped at the (last) GROM base >983C and GROM slot >A000. This is the same address selection as for the Terminal Emulator program TIMXT for the UBERGrom from Insane Multitasker.
The program UBERHDX1 can be used for transferring files to and from the PC. The COM port settings for the PC program Ti99Hdx are 38400 Baud, 8 databits, even parity and one stopbit.
  • Like 5

After reading this post, but knowing my failing memory, I'm confused. I thought I read somewhere that the UberGROM was currently being redesigned/upgraded to include a WiFi modem as an integral unit. Since you are still discussing add on methods in this post, I must be mistaken.

What Ksarul and I design is always in flux and subject to change until release. :)

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So does that mean I did read it somewhere? Jeez, I'm losing it. I guess I'm getting close to the end of my run here at A.A. as I'm starting to lose it.

Please stop talking like that. AA has a search feature, you don't need a memory. But we need you. You bring an energy and excitement here unlike any others. As long as you don't forget your login credentials we're perfectly fine with you the way you are. :)

• Like 1

So does that mean I did read it somewhere? Jeez, I'm losing it. I guess I'm getting close to the end of my run here at A.A. as I'm starting to lose it.

Nah, you’re ok. We did talk about it but haven’t put anything in stone yet. Thus, the flux quote.

The CF7+ doesn't have a serial port, so the ubergrom was particularly handy for me - both for getting a telnet connection and for using Fred's hdx software. I intended to get an AB switch so I could flip between the modem and serial connection to the PC, just never got around to it. Much of my TIMXT testing was also done with the ubergrom and nanopeb - which eliminated the need to swap connections or use an AB switch.

• Like 3

Wireless UberGROM HDX server over a Bluetooth HC-05 Bluetooth module. Works, but very picky in the way you start up everything.

Must program the HC-05 BT UART worth an “AT+UART=38400,0,2” command and store that.

Must also program the >983C page of the UberGROM - map slot >A000 to the UART.

b26bae87047a3e0ce1153158c956cbd1.jpg

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

Is there a bt device out there somewhere that connects to the RS232 serial port that can exchange between PC and TI?

Yes. You can find them around, just search for "Bluetooth RS232" or "Bluetooth serial." Watch out, though, for ones which do not have a serial profile. These are Zigbee devices. I got stuck with three of them a while back.

Is the TimXT version which uses the UberGROM UART available? I would like to see how well it works with programming the Blutetooth module as I plan to make it a fully enclosed unit. This means de-soldering some pins, for certain, and I was going to remove the Amtel socket and solder that directly to the board but I think I can actually fit the Bluetooth module under the board.