IGNORED

UberHDX

acadiel

Is the TimXT version which uses the UberGROM UART available? I would like to see how well it works with programming the Blutetooth module as I plan to make it a fully enclosed unit. This means de-soldering some pins, for certain, and I was going to remove the Amtel socket and solder that directly to the board but I think I can actually fit the Bluetooth module under the board.

I don’t know if he’s updated it since I tested one version about a year ago. I was having issues with dropped characters and a reliance on a physical RS232 being attached, even if you were using the UberGROM serial. Thus, my recommendation to program BT with the USB to serial adapter. :-)

I don’t know if he’s updated it since I tested one version about a year ago. I was having issues with dropped characters and a reliance on a physical RS232 being attached, even if you were using the UberGROM serial. Thus, my recommendation to program BT with the USB to serial adapter. :-)

In his dev thread he said he has been investigating that issue and may have cornered a culprit. Will be nice. Right now I have the module paired with my workstation but I would like to be able to take it with me (like to the Faire) and work with my laptop.

• 5 months later...

Interesting in uberhdx project.. but i no found the dump file ready to burn for atml 1284P.

Then the question.. is possible built a uberhdx suite compilation where is assembled one type (or more) of XBasic plus all fred kaal program create for uberhdx and more program at you idea?

Thanks

Interesting in uberhdx project.. but i no found the dump file ready to burn for atml 1284P.

Then the question.. is possible built a uberhdx suite compilation where is assembled one type (or more) of XBasic plus all fred kaal program create for uberhdx and more program at you idea?

Thanks

A public one doesn't exist for TimXT. Tim needs to fix the issue with the reliance on the physical RS232 device and the dropped character issue, and then what I wound up doing was converting his beta product into a "load to 32K from GROM" module that worked on the 1284P as a GROM image. Done in Classic99, but someone really needs to write some step by step instructions (With snapshots) so others can learn how to do it. As well as mapping the UART to a certain GROM port so that TimXT can see it and use it.

For the UberHDX product, look at Fred Kaal's website. He has a binary there with both the 1284P and the EPROM images in the archive.

A public one doesn't exist for TimXT. Tim needs to fix the issue with the reliance on the physical RS232 device and the dropped character issue,

Pretty sure that issue is resolved. Right now I just don't have the time (and to a lesser degree, motivation) to do more than small, bite-size tasks. Should be a short lull in work activity in April, I'll put this higher on my priority list for that period.

For what it's worth, it's on my todo list to get hardware flow control into the UberGROM's serial port - I hope that will help some projects, since even a 128 byte buffer fills up fast at higher speeds. :)

Certainly would be nice to slow down the stream when needed, as an 8k buffer filles quickly at 38.4k, and not everyone can use the fast interrupt method.

• Like 1

Certainly would be nice to slow down the stream when needed, as an 8k buffer filles quickly at 38.4k, and not everyone can use the fast interrupt method.

I'm curious, I'm NOT suggesting anyone take this on, I'm just interested for the sake of knowing... could the SAMS card be turned into a nearly 1MB buffer?

• Like 1

I'm curious, I'm NOT suggesting anyone take this on, I'm just interested for the sake of knowing... could the SAMS card be turned into a nearly 1MB buffer?

term80 supports using SAMS as a buffer, probably the 64 or 256k model as that was all that was out back then.. it also uses gk ram, other ram cards too