IGNORED

Fix screw post?

copper20

I have a Sega Saturn with a damaged screw post. I was trying to see if the insides needed cleaning but when I opened it, one of the screw posts had the top of it snapped off! Basically what happens is even if I use super glue on the post and put the broken part back on it still can break off if I pull on the Sega Saturn's halves after it's screwed in. What else can I do? Can I have someone replace the housing on the Sega Saturn or something?

Edited by copper20

Use epoxy instead and build it up around it. First clean the area with a scotch pad.

EDIT:

You can still superglue the post down and let it set up then epoxy around after it has set up. I've used JB Weld for that with good results.

Edited by SignGuy81

I might as well just ignore it - happens a lot of people trying to clean their systems. If my Saturn ever breaks down I'll have someone fix the screw post and make it to where it won't snap apart just by pulling, because the other sides I can't do that.

It should be fine I haven't had any issues with using JB Weld it holds up good. As long as you roughen the area up and clean it well before applying and letting it set it holds very good and you should be able to put pressure on it without it breaking. I have an NES I still have which I've done the exact same fix to and have taken it apart and put back together several times and haven't had an issue with the post. The biggest thing that would make it break loose wouldn't be trying to tug the to halves apart anyway it would be screwing it back down, which hasn't happened to mine yet. I was just being me when I posted that above about it and the others breaking, sorry.

Edited by SignGuy81