IGNORED

7800 games you'd like a sequel to.

Inky

I like Ninja Golf, but it really needs some tightening up of the fighting sequences. I think this good game should spawn a great sequel (with POKEY sound, of course,) that fixes some of it's issues.

Who's with me on this?

Food FIght IMHO also needs a sequel. I had proposed a two player simultaneous Food Fight months back. It would be played in rounds like Mortal Kombat.

Any other games you think should get a sequel?

• Like 1

Ballblazer the game, not the tile scrolling demo... this time, have teams of players (maybe 3x3) on the grid and make more of a real handball game out of it, with the ability to deck or punch people in order to steal the ball. Should have a goalie that you control too of course.

Dig Dug 2, Donkey Kong 3 and a really good baseball game would have been nice.

• Like 1

Joust, which actually has a sequel that in theory could be ported/remixed and be quite successful (it would likely be better, assuming it used the 7800 Joust gravity/physics to build upon, which are PERFECT).

I mean....why ISN'T there a port of Joust 2? It's never been ported to a home system that I know of (outside of compilations), and there's even a second button on the 7800 for the transformation! Throwing out the vertical aspect ratio would be the biggest "sacrifice" and that would probably make the game better.

I am biased (Joust is basically my favorite game of all time) but this seems like the most logical candidate to me. There's an existing game to hack, there's a real sequel to work towards, and the game would likely be BETTER than the arcade.

• Like 7

Jinks 2: the playable version! It would have saved the home computer industry from the WinTel invasion!

I think a paddle controller would have made all the difference in the world. (Surprised nobody has hacked it for paddle/driving controller yet!)

• Like 1

I'm bummed that Epyx had never finished it's Summer and Winter Games 7800 titles with the sequels that were made for Commodore 64 and other home computers.

there was Summer Games II, Winter Games II, and California Games

bad enough that the released ones had some events missing

• Like 2

Atari Adventure 7800

You didn't specify the origin system ;-)

Has this been done? I can only envision a zelda clone, which I would not mind a bit.

I actually really like Ace of Aces, a second to improve? Could of been executed a little better.

I was implying games that were on the 7800, but I too, would like an Adventure sequel on the 7800.

There is a Zelda WIP, sorta, for the 7800, but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time.

Edited by Inky
  • Like 1

I always wanted the hypothetical donkey Kong 3D, rafters are two lanes and 2nd button activates vertical climb.

I'd like 7800 DK and DK Jr. Remixes. DK Jr. complete with the Coleco ADAM "Mario's Kitchen" level.

• Like 1

Joust, which actually has a sequel that in theory could be ported/remixed and be quite successful (it would likely be better, assuming it used the 7800 Joust gravity/physics to build upon, which are PERFECT).

I mean....why ISN'T there a port of Joust 2? It's never been ported to a home system that I know of (outside of compilations), and there's even a second button on the 7800 for the transformation! Throwing out the vertical aspect ratio would be the biggest "sacrifice" and that would probably make the game better.

I am biased (Joust is basically my favorite game of all time) but this seems like the most logical candidate to me. There's an existing game to hack, there's a real sequel to work towards, and the game would likely be BETTER than the arcade.

When I 1st saw Joust 2 in the arcades as a kid I hoped so bad it would come out for the 7800..Would love to see that happen after all haha

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Scrapyard Dog. Time to play as Scraps!

Now that's an interesting idea! Funny enough, Atari did happen to make a sequel to the original 7800 Scrapyard Dog on the Atari Lynx. It's called Scrapyard Dog (not exactly an original name, but it's not like Atari never recycled the same name for different versions of their games like Desert Falcon or Xenophobe). It actually features bosses this time around (and I don't mean slider puzzle bosses like the one at the end of the 7800 version). Check out the walkthrough for the game.

• Like 1

Now that's an interesting idea! Funny enough, Atari did happen to make a sequel to the original 7800 Scrapyard Dog on the Atari Lynx. It's called Scrapyard Dog (not exactly an original name, but it's not like Atari never recycled the same name for different versions of their games like Desert Falcon or Xenophobe). It actually features bosses this time around (and I don't mean slider puzzle bosses like the one at the end of the 7800 version). Check out the walkthrough for the game.

Wow - that's a very different game than the 7800 one