IGNORED

Sonic Mania Plus Coming to the PS4, Xbox One, Switch

Does anyone still have a optical disc drive in their PC? Heh..

I know, I just keep one in there so not to have an empty drive bay. :)

I guess most people wanted a physical copy of Sonic Mania to have something to put on the gaming shelf, but I'm just not one of them. To each their own I guess...

My system has an optical blu ray combo dvd burner drive and I do in fact use it. :) Right now it has the Star Trek complete comic collection in there, but I do have a small library of PC games I use with it before I run the no-cd cracks. ;) Mainly excellent for buying second hand CDs and then making MP3s for my phone. :D

You want strange? Couple months back I found an iomega 3.5" floppy drive at a thrift, and I do in fact use it when I come across disks. No reason not to support something if it has a use.

Once again, waiting has paid off. Will be picking this up for sure.

Now just waiting for physical releases of Worms and Yooka Lay Lay

You're right, but waiting on Yooka Laylee isn't happening. Unlike Sega who was ambiguous about it, that game is anything but. Originally said it would happen, then delayed it, then pulled the rug out calling it download only, delayed more, then released it at full original price making it more expensive than other systems and PC too. My advice, you want physical? Buy it from GoG.com right now, it's 66% off and you can make a physical copy burning the stuff to a CD, USB stick, or on a SD card.

Edited by Tanooki

You're right, but waiting on Yooka Laylee isn't happening. Unlike Sega who was ambiguous about it, that game is anything but. Originally said it would happen, then delayed it, then pulled the rug out calling it download only, delayed more, then released it at full original price making it more expensive than other systems and PC too. My advice, you want physical? Buy it from GoG.com right now, it's 66% off and you can make a physical copy burning the stuff to a CD, USB stick, or on a SD card.

Yooka Laylee was released on physical media. I have it on Xbox One on disk, so it is not download only. I prefer downloads myself, mostly because you can play the game on two systems at once with a download, but the 20% Amazon Prime discount on new software is hard to pass up if it is a game that only one of my family is likely to play.

I don't consider systems I don't own. When I was talking about 'it would happen, then delayed it, then pulled the rug out...' was how their conversation about the Nintendo Switch was going to be handled. They went that route, so my retort was to not buy it until it's under some very steep discount on GoG as I see no reason to punish myself not having some fun but I won't give them what it's worth anymore either for the inconvenience. Amazon prime is where I exclusively pick up Switch stuff unless they don't discount it (did not buy DQ Builders because of that) 20%, or it's an import some fool would gouge over, or I just get a better deal elsewhere that negates it. I don't live under the rule that I need something the day it comes out in almost every purchase though with a 20% cut my habits do change when it comes to $50-60 games going down to $40-48 respectively.