IGNORED

Atari Adventure Rebooted

ro.anders

I wrote to this forum a year ago asking for help rebooting Atari Adventure. My crazy idea: 2 or 3 players connecting over the internet playing Atari Adventure. First one to get the chalice back to their castle wins. Maybe it was silly, writing a video game in 2018 with 8 bit graphics, but Adventure was magical, and the readers of this forum who volunteered for beta-testing all agree. The result is SO fun to play.

It’s released now, and I hope you’ll give it a try.

h2hadventure.com

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-04%20at%202.12.5

• Like 9

I've played several games last night and today. It's a lot of fun! The added challenge of having other humans in the kingdom breathes new life into this classic. I give it 2 thumbs up! :)

And Deteacher and I are going at each other like crazy on this game!!!

BTW - I did create a private Facebook PM of those of us who downloaded the game, so that we can find a 2nd (or 3rd) player to play against. Let me know if you would like to be added so that more of us can enjoy this new version of a classic! (contact me either thru AA PM or here)

• Like 1

Had a blast playing this last night with Soulblazer, Dauber, and George

A couple suggestions and criticisms...

Biggest one is to have the game return to the main screen after a round is over.

After getting eaten by a dragon, the dragon just stops being a threat to the other players

We encountered a few times where deaddragons came back to life. Is the game supposed to behave like this?

I was originally not a fan of lack of joystick support, but now I think it's just fine without, but still, might be an option to look into.

Still, it's a great time. We had a lot of fun trash talking over skype!

Had a blast playing this last night with Soulblazer, Dauber, and George

A couple suggestions and criticisms...

Biggest one is to have the game return to the main screen after a round is over.

I agree!

After getting eaten by a dragon, the dragon just stops being a threat to the other players

We encountered a few times where deaddragons came back to life. Is the game supposed to behave like this?

I was originally not a fan of lack of joystick support, but now I think it's just fine without, but still, might be an option to look into.

Still, it's a great time. We had a lot of fun trash talking over skype!

To me, it does look like that is programmed to happen. If I kill a dragon and the other opponent dies, the dragon I killed comes back alive. Deteacher and I have done this, and we have also killed all 3 dragons in one game and as long as neither player hits the enter button (to reset themselves at their own castle), they remained dead.

Deteacher and I do the same trash talking thru FB PM too!!

@inky

The setup is real easy, as others said, but some systems have strict virus control and you have to jump through their hoops to download it and run it because its an untrusted program.

No support for controllers, sorry. Keyboard only.

Dragons will come back to life as soon as someone resurrects - which is how the original game behaved.

Glad you liked it.

• Like 1