Arcades near you ?

thetick1

So I went to Barcade Jersey City, NJ and played the following:

Mappy

Rampage

Rolling Thunder

Metal Slug 2

Tapper

I like to play video games first then drink otherwise I'm sure I would not play near as long.
I'm going to head to the Brooklyn Barcade sometime next week as I want to play:

Berzerk

Dig Dug

Satan's Hollow

Q*bert

Metal Slug X

Funspot is about a 50+ minute drive from where I live, so I visit there often on weekends to play Donkey Kong, Krull, Mappy and Ms Pac-Man. When I’m in the mood, I will head to the bottom floor to play Daytona USA and Mortal Kombat II.

You should spend some time on the less common games like Tunnel Hunt, Space Encounters and Death Race...there are many others! :)

• Like 1

Just got some Space Encounters love at a friend's house last week. :)

I'm pretty fortunate... in addition to my own and my friends' collections within about an hour I've got Underground Retrocade​​, Galloping Ghost, the Garcade, Star Worlds, Logan Arcade, Headquarters Barricade, 8Bit, and a few others.

post-6333-0-26176400-1521477036_thumb.jpg

Edited by racerx
  • Like 1

Just got some Space Encounters love at a friend's house last week. icon_smile.gif

The cabaret version is much better with the trigger joystick ala Gorf. The upright is harder to control.

The closest arcade to me is about 45 minutes away and there's nothing rare there that would get me to go more than once per year.

Space Encounters is one of my all time favorite games..

Within 75 miles I have Underground Retrocade, Pixel Blast, Galloping Ghost,Chicago Street Pinball Arcade, Joysticks @ Clutter, 257, and O'Nett Gaming. I know there's more I'm missing.

• Like 1

There were two arcades within driving distance of my house; pinhead amusements in Bedford pa and another pay to play place in the Westminster md mall. Both went out of business immediately after i discovered them. Apparently, i am the arcade killer.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Oh how I love and miss arcades of the past.

I live in Las Vegas about 5 mins from the strip and 10 mins from Downtown. I go to The Pinball Hall of Fame pretty much everyday and also am a regular at A Gamers Paradise. The Pinball Hall of Fame is a huge warehouse style arcade with 100's of Pinball machines, fully restored from the early days up to current. They also have a row of classic arcade games which is what I go there for. Many games of Dig Dug, Ms. Pac Man, Centipede, and Claw Machines have been abused by myself throughout the years. A Gamers Paradise is a retro video game shop with an arcade inside. They have everything from Atari 400 to current consoles and with a small museum inside with pretty much every retro console. The owner also builds, repairs, and sells arcade machines. I just bought his Centipede machine. There is also PSG (Press Start Gaming) located in the same lot which is a LAN/Console style Arcade which holds a lot of the major fighting game tournaments in Las Vegas. All 3 locations are in the same parking lot right next to each other. I know PSG works with A Gamers Paradise to put on tournaments, events, and special sales frequently.

Last I heard the owner of the Pinball Hall of Fame wants nothing to do with PSG and A Gamers Paradise and are not on speaking terms. The Pinball Hall of Fame owner has appeared on Ricks Restorations and also Pawn Stars. You can see him walking through the arcade with the famous head-flashlight repairing something. If you are in Vegas and want to do some arcade gaming, these are the places to go.

I went into the Pinball Hall of Fame a few years back. I had a good time

and the owner was very kind. Definitely a place you can get lost in

for hours. I didn't realize there were other gaming venues at the site,

however. As it happens, I'll be in Las Vegas this weekend so I may

try to find time to visit them.

• 3 weeks later...

Here in Madison, Wisconsin there is a great arcade called Geeks Mania.

it is located off of Odana Road.

They have a great selection of old and new games and lots of pinball tables too.

Its $15 per person, but everything is set to free play, even the pinball machines.

They keep expanding and adding more games, for instance I have never played the arcade machine blades of steel before 2 months ago.

if you facebook search geeks mania arcade you can find all the latest updates.

It is about 30 mins from where I live, of course my wife is not interested but sometimes I wonder if even she would find something she likes there.

Wow...I live in a prime location....in my neighborhood, just four blocks away from me, is Replay Andersonville, a beercade. There's another Replay not terribly far away too. So...I guess in my neck of the woods, I have.....

Replay Andersonville

Replay Boystown

Logan Arcade

Headquarters

Emporium

Izzy's Arcade bar

Galloping Ghost

Pixel Blast

Underground Retrocade

Chicago Street Pinball Arcade

Level 257

And Prince Arcades will be opening a location in Bolingbrook, which is near Pixel Blast.

And there's a Hole Foods not far from me that has Galaga, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, and....uhhhh....one more, I forgot...Centipede???....on free play!

If I want to drive a little further, I too am within reaching distance of O-Nett Gaming, Clutter, Starworlds, and The Garcade.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Wow...I live in a prime location....in my neighborhood, just four blocks away from me, is Replay Andersonville, a beercade. There's another Replay not terribly far away too. So...I guess in my neck of the woods, I have.....

Replay Andersonville

Replay Boystown

Logan Arcade

Headquarters

Emporium

Izzy's Arcade bar

Galloping Ghost

Pixel Blast

Underground Retrocade

Level 257

And Prince Arcades will be opening a location in Bolingbrook, which is near Pixel Blast.

And there's a Hole Foods not far from me that has Galaga, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, and....uhhhh....one more, I forgot...Centipede???....on free play!

If I want to drive a little further, I too am within reaching distance of O-Nett Gaming, Clutter, Starworlds, and The Garcade.

Yeah, Chicago seems to have the lionshare of arcades in America. The epicenter of old Coin-Op, I suppose.

My mom lives in Plainfield and my best friend (best man in my wedding) lives in Lisle. Whenever I get back to visit, I usually hit up Galloping Ghost. However, with my mom living in Plainfield, I need to check out Chicago Street Pinball in Joliet (downtown Joliet, right?).

Here in the Cincinnati area, we have a small chain called "Arcade Legacy." Their original location is in a dead mall up in Forest Park. And when I say dead mall, I mean it. The only thing still alive in the actual mall itself is the arcade (kinda ironic, if you think about it...an arcade keeping a mall alive when the rest of the mall arcades went out long ago). They also have a Bass Pro as an anchor store, but those are literally the only inhabitants in this run down urban wasteland. If any of you are in the Cincinnati area, you should check out...not just for the arcade, but to scope out the eeriness of the mall.

Besides that one, their other locations are Arcade Legacy Bar Edition in Northside and Arcade Legacy Kentucky in Newport, which is the closet to me. Both decent locations.

However, my favorite is 16-Bit Barcade in Over-The-Rhine next to downtown Cincy. Great atmosphere, happenin' location, and good game selection. Definitely my favorite of the Cincinnati arcades.

If pinball is on your mind, however, check out my local comic shop in Florence, Kentucky on US 42. Comics2Games is half comic and RPG/board game shop, and half a pinball parlor. About 12 tables playable and the front counter dispenses quarters.

My mom lives in Plainfield and my best friend (best man in my wedding) lives in Lisle.

Ahh, right by Pixel Blast then. :)

Whenever I get back to visit, I usually hit up Galloping Ghost. However, with my mom living in Plainfield, I need to check out Chicago Street Pinball in Joliet (downtown Joliet, right?).

Yup. It's on...Chicago Street. :) About a block north of the library. They're looking to move, though, likely either out of Joliet or closer to the mall -- there's ZERO foot traffic downtown. (Seriously, it's beyond dead.)

Prince Arcades is also going to be opening a place in either Bolingbrook or Romeoville soon.

Man, so envious of you who have real arcades to frequent! All we have is a Dave n Busters, about an hour away. I personally think the business model for a beercade is about the only way to make it profitable, which is somewhat unfortunate, but the demographic for these games is an older clientelle. I think booze can sometimes loosen me up for some games, but others I gotta be pretty straight to concentrate.

Anybody remember that episode of My Two Dads where the dads got drunk and tried to play Pole Position? Think it was on a 7800, lol...good times.

• Like 1

Replay Andersonville

Replay Boystown

Logan Arcade

Headquarters

Emporium

Izzy's Arcade bar

Galloping Ghost

Pixel Blast

Underground Retrocade

Level 257

..and GameWorks and Dave & Busters. Those are the only four arcades in quick driving distance. Anything further and we're likely to make a planned night rather than impromptu visits.

The only "arcade" within the same town as me is basically an over 18's nightclub with what appears to be a decent selection of games (including Bally's TAF) . Thanks to the legal drinking age, I sadly can't enter it.

Luckily there's a proper retrocade in the town next to me that I frequent a lot, as it has a huge amount of classics.

Just to name a tiny amount:

DK and DK Junior

Galaxian

Ms. Pac-Man

MK2

Q*Bert

T2

Edited by Jumpman1981

• 1 year later...