IGNORED

TI History with a bit of drama

Ed in SoDak

Wow! You made my day! This has always bothered me whenever someone praised Asgard. :) Wonder now how much was skimmed off the "famous" developers.

On that one, I personally bought several copies of Artist Enlarger from Asgard (I was one of their dealers) and sold them to folks in Europe, so I know the program had "some" sales during the two years Asgard had it.

• Like 1

Seems to me some people had mighty thin skins and all it took was a seeming small slight that made its way into print might cause an author to drop the TI...

This many years later, it seems to this reader some folks had thin skins, but maybe their skins had been stretched far enough already...

The same might be true now as it was back then, but it doesn't reach the point where somebody takes his foot ball and goes home nearly as often...

One thing for sure, I don't see those thinly veiled barbs (real or imagined) and reactionary rebuttals being slung about now, like I saw in those old pages.

-Ed

Some may suggest the thin skinned thing amongst the community is a norm to this day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Airshack

• 2 years later...
On 3/23/2018 at 4:50 PM, adamantyr said:

The only disk software I'm aware of that HAD a challenging bit of protection was Doom of Mondular, a game hardly worth the effort to crack.

Doom of Mondular [c99].zip

Just had a go at editing that game removing lots of protection checks.

It now loads in Classic99.

Not sure if i broke any essential data, but you are welcome to test it. ;)

• Like 3

Micropendium has a good article by Mike Wright, where he goes step by step explaining the elaborate security measures, that had to be taken to un-protect this file, as I wanted to run it in pc99. The best take away from the article, is with the right incantation, extended basic is pretty much able to read a sector.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 1:22 PM, .mad. said:

Doom of Mondular [c99].zip 34.92 kB · 12 downloads

Just had a go at editing that game removing lots of protection checks.

It now loads in Classic99.

Not sure if i broke any essential data, but you are welcome to test it. ;)

Cool. I've been wanting to play this game since seeing the manual cover, and the name is pretty interesting. Big fan of RPGs, so I'll see what it's got. 

10 minutes ago, Toucan said:

Cool. I've been wanting to play this game since seeing the manual cover, and the name is pretty interesting. Big fan of RPGs, so I'll see what it's got. 

That was short. Got into my first battle and 4 Underlings killed me. It seems most of my attacks (probably 80%) missed and they were able to kill me off. Was more a game of who could actually land a blow.