IGNORED

Atari emulation and internet

Here I am again asking questions....I hope you all don't mind as I am a newbie to the emulation scene.

I am wondering has anyone ever gotten hatari to ever work with actually going to a web site? I have version CAB 2.7 (english) and I just would love to be able to connect to some basic sites while using my hatari emulator. I have it set up as an Atari Falcon 040 at 16mhz and 14mb of RAM. I am not planning on going to sites like YouTube, etc...because I know that the plugins required are most likely not going to work in the browsers written for the Atari. Also is there an English FTP and/or TELNET one?

Thank-you.

I don't think hatari supports networking. The only way you'd be able to do this is to run a SLIP/PPP connection from the emulated RS232 device to another endpoint that supports it.

That isn't easy because SLIP/PPP and RS232 are relics of the past at this point. Also if you do get it working, it would be frustratingly slow.

You might want to check out the Aranym emulator instead, it has networking support

I don't think hatari supports networking. The only way you'd be able to do this is to run a SLIP/PPP connection from the emulated RS232 device to another endpoint that supports it.

That isn't easy because SLIP/PPP and RS232 are relics of the past at this point. Also if you do get it working, it would be frustratingly slow.

You might want to check out the Aranym emulator instead, it has networking support

I will try that emulator...there is a version for my linuxmint I can download.

btw, I know it will be slow I just want to be able to go to basic websites anyway, nothing fancy.

I will try that emulator...there is a version for my linuxmint I can download.

btw, I know it will be slow I just want to be able to go to basic websites anyway, nothing fancy.

Aranym is pretty quick. It's designed to emulate a more "modern" Atari system rather than a specific model.