IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

Thanks and congratulations drludos and thank you for making Sheep It Up!

We wanted to make it as easy as possible for people to try out games they've never played before so they can make informed votes for their favourites!

Also, below I've attached a graphic for you and all the nominated games to use as you wish. :-)

Very cool idea!

I'm honored that my game Sheep It Up is part of the nominees, and I'm eager to discover the final results icon_smile.gif

It's also very helpful to have all the entries in a single place so we can easily test them out before voting, thanks for doing it!

post-37205-0-31354400-1548378892_thumb.png

• Like 5

Just like the Oscars, we first release the list of nominees in each of the categories. Unlike the Oscars YOU can have a say in which are your favourite games, so head over to the voting area! :-) The actual awards show is on February 23, 2019 where the winners will be announced from the list of nominated games.

We will be expanding the event next year to include other platforms and it will be renamed the '2019 Homebrew Awards'. :-)

Ok so this is 2600 only and only a list of "nominated" games. Should be called the VCS awards.

• Like 3

I wanted to have the physical awards ready for the live show for presentation so to have them engraved with the winners names would have involved delaying the award show by a few weeks after the voting closed. Possibly next year? :-)

Sweet!

Do you have a way to put the names on them as well?

• Like 1

What material is that? Maybe you could engrave the winner's name. Though there is little space left.

Revision has pretty similar awards. But also often without names. And not Atari shaped of course:

x750_y423_5c181d_12.jpg

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

I think it's acrylic, It's seriously the best looking trophie I've ever seen, I was gonna suggest engraving the winner upside down and mirrored underneath, but there's actually quite alot of space left if you look closely, not expecting James to do that, but it could be done by the reciever, I like the abstract look myself.

• Like 1

What material is that? Maybe you could engrave the winner's name. Though there is little space left.

Revision has pretty similar awards. But also often without names. And not Atari shaped of course:

x750_y423_5c181d_12.jpg

I think it's acrylic, It's seriously the best looking trophie I've ever seen, I was gonna suggest engraving the winner upside down and mirrored underneath, but there's actually quite alot of space left if you look closely, not expecting James to do that, but it could be done by the reciever, I like the abstract look myself.

yes it is...... Clear acrylic with laser etched writing, 4" x 3" x .75"

Edited by Arenafoot

• 3 weeks later...

It's rock solid now Edward! I'll be revisiting it on ZeroPage Homebrew tonight (6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT) as I couldn't give it a full playthrough last time. :-)

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/

Thanks so much for helping him get a stable picture TJ!! :-)

James,

Can you please test the update of Kung Fu Combat on your equipment and let me know if it works now ?

Thanks,

Edward Smith

It's rock solid now Edward! I'll be revisiting it on ZeroPage Homebrew tonight (6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT) as I couldn't give it a full playthrough last time. :-)

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/

Thanks so much for helping him get a stable picture TJ!! :-)

please use build I just posted . I fixed the graphic shearing of the players

CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS AND NOMINEES and thank you to everyone who watched the show live yesterday on the Twitch stream.

WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR FEEDBACK!!! <- Follow the link to comment on the thread of feedback about the awards show and process!

post-37205-0-02372400-1551054247_thumb.jpg

Edited by cimmerian
  • Like 4

I will take this as a good sign as well! I have had very good feedback on FB posts and on the YouTube video post so I think most people enjoyed the Awards. :-) I'm hoping there will be additional constructive feedback as time goes on so we can make next year's 2019 Homebrew Awards even better!

Good plan, I'll add the info to that thread just in case people missed it in the sub-forum. :-) Thanks for the suggestion Karl!

I was surprised there wasn't more feedback. Maybe that's a sign of how well done the awards were done? icon_smile.gif

Maybe it would be good to bump the Atari Awards topic in the Atari 2600 forum just to make sure people know about it, though?

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the awards this year. (Scrummy=TITFOS online)

One idea I can offer is to have a little more information about each nominee. Obviously this woud be a great deal of work, so a way to achieve it, in a more manageable manner might be to have each game creator or some appointed advocate to provide a statement about the game.

I found it very helpful the way folders were provided with all of the games. This allowed me to download them from one place and know that I was looking at the same version that Zero Page was looking at.

If the creator of each nominated game could include a text file in those folders explaining instructions, any needed accessories, and context about the game.

For example, they could list:

• instructions
  • needed or supported accessories
  • tips
  • inspirations
  • what makes the game special, or what makes the achievement achieved special (if present or related to award)
  • description of ARM chips or unique techniques employed

This would be very time consuming for James to create, but might be easily provided in the form of a text file from the games creators.

cheers and good job!,

Chad

• Like 1