IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

Holy hell! I'm getting better each time I play but wow.... those scores! No pressure huh? John did say that you did get a lot of practice on the game during development!

And it has to be tomorrow for the donation... hmm... I wonder how long I can play before my thumbs fall off! Hahah

Cool! Seems like you're slightly enjoying John's new game. ;)

I don't think I'll be able to watch live. But here's a score (on Standard) for you to take a shot at tomorrow...

Beat either top score tomorrow, and I'll donate a Stella 6 updated RetroN 77 to the Stella Marathon Auction. :)

Have fun! :D

And it has to be tomorrow for the donation...

Well... they'll be some leeway with that. :) We'll see how far you get tomorrow.

Just to sweeten the deal a little, I'll load up the RetroN with homebrew games that I've worked on over the years (pending permission from the programmers, of course).

• Like 1

Nice effort James! Of course, if you weren't distracted by being on camera, narrating what you were doing, keeping an eye on chat, and having a lovely redhead sitting next to you, I'm sure you'd do even better. :)

So of course I'll donate the RetroN 77. PM me and let me know the best way to get one to you. It might work best if I ordered it so it shipped straight to you, and then I could file share the image for the SD card (or mail an SD card all ready to go). But let me know, and when you'll need it by. Meanwhile, I'll gather up permission from some other homebrewers, and get a list of the games that will be on it.

I watched the rest of the stream later, and you asked how I was approaching the game - whether I went for maximum points by hitting things in flight, or something else. My sole strategy is to avoid getting hit, and shoot whatever is safe to shoot, regardless of where it is. If you stay alive long enough, you'll score enough points anyway...

post-2641-0-31676500-1558346900.png

;)

• Like 4

Nice effort James! Of course, if you weren't distracted by being on camera, narrating what you were doing, keeping an eye on chat, and having a lovely redhead sitting next to you, I'm sure you'd do even better. :)

So of course I'll donate the RetroN 77. PM me and let me know the best way to get one to you. It might work best if I ordered it so it shipped straight to you, and then I could file share the image for the SD card (or mail an SD card all ready to go). But let me know, and when you'll need it by. Meanwhile, I'll gather up permission from some other homebrewers, and get a list of the games that will be on it.

I watched the rest of the stream later, and you asked how I was approaching the game - whether I went for maximum points by hitting things in flight, or something else. My sole strategy is to avoid getting hit, and shoot whatever is safe to shoot, regardless of where it is. If you stay alive long enough, you'll score enough points anyway...

attachicon.gifgalaga_20190517_savekey_2.png

;)

:-o Wow :-o Those are some amazing scores!

I had not been interested in a Retron 77, but I am interested in this one, and can't wait to get on with the bidding. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

You're probably right, there were a couple of distractions here and there, hahah. ;-) I know I can do way better than I did and I'll definitely be playing Galaga a ton more! Your new updated scores are.... intimidating... hahah

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this amazing auction item of the Retron77, especially it loaded with games from you, Thomas and Darrell!!! It's actually such an appropriate item because of the direct influence Stella has had on turning it into a really great system for people to play 2600 homebrew and classic games on with the updated community builds!

I'll add it to the donations list on the Stella Marathon Fundraiser thread! :-)

I'll PM you about the details.

attachicon.gifgalaga_20190517_savekey_2.png

;)

Wow, thank you so much Darrell!! This will be an amazing auction item!!

Ditto

:-o Wow :-o Those are some amazing scores!

I'm pretty sure those scores are going to result in some changes to the game, so that I can't achieve those sorts of scores. ;)

I wouldn't say I've figured out an exploit, but I will say there are some techniques which effectively make it so you can play the game indefinitely. Clearly, we can't release a game like that. :ponder:

I had not been interested in a Retron 77, but I am interested in this one, and can't wait to get on with the bidding. :thumbsup:

Cool! I'll be reaching out to other programmers and seeing how many goodies we can load this up with. The odds are these will all be ROMs that have been publicly released (since once on the RetroN 77, they're easily copyable), but a least they'll all be gathered up in one place.

Edited by Nathan Strum
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

We'll be featuring the WORLD EXCLUSIVE DEBUT of several games LIVE on tomorrow's (Wednesday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Yes, we've returned from a short break and we'll be checking out a whole bunch of brand new games and also checking out the ins and outs of the UnoCart. Should you get it? Do you have one already?

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/

Games:
- Gorilla Force (2019 WIP) by ZackAttack and Jason D aka MayDay
- Wushu Masters (2019 WIP) by ZackAttack and Jason D aka MayDay
- Robot Zed (2019 WIP) by Chris Spry aka Sprybug
- Deepstone Catacomb (2019 WIP) by Mick Crocker aka mickmuse

1804797368_20190619-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.24a69c30d1f00bf18c575dee0e9dab91.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks for watching @Mikebloke! We played some really great games yesterday with some extremely unique ideas not seen before on the 2600. Deepstone Catacomb has some incredibly slick programming, really fun to play and has a lot of replay value.

8 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

Had a watch last night, some amazing looking games in development! Have been following Deepstone Catacomb and I just finished playing Dark Chambers on the 7800 so it'll be a nice game to try out.

Great episode guys!  By the way I have the following multi carts.

Harmony

Harmony Encore

UnoCart

Starpath Supercharger

256 in One Dip Switch Multi Cart

Have a few others for the 5200, 7800 and Intellivision.

Note: ZeroPage Homebrew is the only livestream that I watch too. ?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Harmony

Harmony Encore

UnoCart

Starpath Supercharger

Note: ZeroPage Homebrew is the livestream that I watch too. ?

as Isaid in stream chat I got harmony encore and starparth supercharger.
the reason why I got the supercharger because I ordered Stella gets a new brain CD that has the starpath games on it, got the mine from 4jays

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 3:16 PM, sramirez2008 said:

Harmony

Harmony Encore

UnoCart

Starpath Supercharger

Note: ZeroPage Homebrew is the only livestream that I watch too. ?

Thanks, it's great to be back streaming and playing all the new great homebrew games again.

It was really interesting seeing how many people let me know that ZeroPage is the only livestream that they watch, it's an honour!

• Like 2

On 6/23/2019 at 5:14 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Thanks, it's great to be back streaming and playing all the new great homebrew games again.

It was really interesting seeing how many people let me know that ZeroPage is the only livestream that they watch, it's an honour!

Add me to that this. ZPHB is the only reason I have a Twitch account. And for that same reason you also get my Prime Support. 

• Like 3

Also I was gonna send this via PM, but might as well post it for all to see. I was probably unclear in my last comment on the stream today. Since you earned the Keystone Kapers patch today even if it's a virtual patch I said I would get you a patch letter. So here is your Digital Patch letter for your Keystone Kapers accomplishment. Enjoy!

keystonekapers.jpg

• Like 4

20 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

Also I was gonna send this via PM, but might as well post it for all to see. I was probably unclear in my last comment on the stream today. Since you earned the Keystone Kapers patch today even if it's a virtual patch I said I would get you a patch letter. So here is your Digital Patch letter for your Keystone Kapers accomplishment. Enjoy!

Thank you so much for the great letter groundtrooper, I felt that I earned it during my stream of Keystone Kapers! It was hard fought for and it was also a massive honour that Garry Kitchen, the amazing designer of the game, was there to watch me achieve the patch score! ?

1795442003_GarryKitchen-EarnedPatch.thumb.png.c40bb0c5bc9fa37f44c78fb6b4a3f6bd.png

On 7/5/2019 at 3:51 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Looks like I can participate some time during the first 2-3 hours of the 12 hour marathon and maybe a some minutes during the last 1 or 2 hours.

Excellent Thomas!! I've marked those times down and I'll get in contact with you soon to arrange things. ?