IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

GALAGON!

Tomorrow on ZeroPage Homebrew!

image.thumb.png.8bf7553254b9b7b77bdc675b717b3aa8.png

LAST MINUTE ADDITION TO TOMORROW'S ZeroPage Homebrew's LIVESTREAM: GALAGON! Yes! ZPH just got the brand new build of 'Galaga' from John Champeau at Champ Games! We'll be playing at the top of the show with tons of updates to the game, including the name!

Join us LIVE tomorrow (Wednesday) on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch livestream for Galagon and more Atari 2600 Homebrew!

Wednesday July 17, 2019 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

• Like 4

I love watching ZeroPage Homebrew. Seeing you guys play homebrews and give feedback is fun to watch and also a great motivation to try and turn one of my lousy ideas into an actual game. Keep up the good work! ?

Just thought of a few interesting games you haven't played on the show yet:

Space Battle by Dave Neuman:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/89933-space-battle-update/

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=848

Arctic Landtran by lord_mike:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/121453-arctic-landtran-an-adventure-on-ice/

The Wicked Father by Junosix:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/174302-the-wicked-father/

His Facebook page with the roms is not available anymore so i attach them here:

The Wicked Father (2011) (Junosix).bin

The Wicked Father Remix (2012) (Junosix).bin

Phantom II + Pirate by David Weavil:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/89758-phantom-ii-pirate/

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=843

Cheers!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Impaler_26 said:

I love watching ZeroPage Homebrew. Seeing you guys play homebrews and give feedback is fun to watch and also a great motivation to try and turn one of my lousy ideas into an actual game. Keep up the good work! ?

Just thought of a few interesting games you haven't played on the show yet

Thanks so much @Impaler_26 for watching ZeroPage Homebrew! I love playing all these new and old homebrew that some people may not be aware of!

Thanks for all the suggestions for games, we're always looking for more great games for the show! I'll check them out!

- James

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

We definitely will, can't wait to start them! Hmm... who to spotlight first... somebody we've never talked to yet I think!

- James

By the way, that’s one sweet Galaga shadow box.?

• Like 1

Another great show today guys.  Sorry I wasn't able to chat much, had it running in the background while I worked. 

James, nice to see that the boys lent you a copy of Boulder Dash to play on the show.  This game is quite the achievement as far as games go for the 2600.  It was my personal holy grail for a long time.  I'm very happy with my purchase.  

My thanks to @Andrew Davie, @Thomas Jentzsch and @Albert for bringing this to our beloved 2600.:thumbsup:   

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Another great show today guys.  Sorry I wasn't able to chat much, had it running in the background while I worked. 

James, nice to see that the boys lent you a copy of Boulder Dash to play on the show.  This game is quite the achievement as far as games go for the 2600.  It was my personal holy grail for a long time.  I'm very happy with my purchase.  

My thanks to Andrew, Thomas and Albert for bringing this to our beloved 2600.:thumbsup:   

Thank you so much, we enjoyed today's show a lot as well!

I'm really looking forward to playing Boulder Dash on an upcoming show. It was incredible of Andrew, Thomas and Albert to be able to get me a copy to play on the show. ?

- James

• Like 3

Tomorrow (Wednesday) at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT on ZeroPage Homebrew we will finally get to play the RETAIL COPY OF BOULDER DASH by Andrew Davie & Thomas Jenztsch!! We'll also take a look at Andrew Davie's new game Sokoban!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:
- Boulder Dash (2012) by Andrew Davie & Thomas Jentzsch
- Sokoban (2019 WIP) by Andrew Davie

80237014_20190731-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.69f90dcd1d541b36ccad5aab419c81d3.jpg

• Like 3

Can we make it across the 'impossible' pit on @Thomas Jentzsch Pitfall!x256 hack of Pitfall!? Here's a quick compilation video from our last livestream to check out if we made it. ?

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Nice tries on Boulder Dash's cave D. Since I suppose you want to find out yourself, I won't tell you how to kill the butterflies easily. ? 

BTW: Cave C is the one I like least. 

Thanks Thomas! Cave C is definitely not fun as it's basically a race against the clock, booooo!!

If I don't manage to figure out an easy way to defeat the butterflies on my next attempt at it I'll be looking for hints.

Do you like playing with those Epyx joysticks?  I've got a pair packed up that I haven't used for quite a few years.  I remember thinking that the micro-switches felt weird and that it was a very noisy stick to use.  Maybe I should dig it out and try it again.  Who knows, maybe my tastes have changed in my old age?  :)

11 minutes ago, SS said:

Do you like playing with those Epyx joysticks?  I've got a pair packed up that I haven't used for quite a few years.  I remember thinking that the micro-switches felt weird and that it was a very noisy stick to use.  Maybe I should dig it out and try it again.  Who knows, maybe my tastes have changed in my old age?  :)

I like Epyx for 4-way games, if those games don’t have heavy button use. Micro-switches have a very fast, positive feedback of being activated. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SS said:

I only play H.E.R.O. with my 500XJ controller.  I think it provides excellent control.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SS said:

They're extremely noisy and the button is in an very awkward position BUT... they are incredible for games that require precision movement and very little button pressing. The feel of the base in your hand is very ergonomic as well.

Overall my go to for 99% of games is the Genesis Arcade Power Stick. I'm very sad that one of them died on me recently so I'll have to pick another one up somewhere.