IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

3 hours ago, johnnywc said:

I think @Albert has fallen behind in his review approvals... what does that guy do all day!?!? ;)  :P  

I will take a look in a few. Just finished a much-needed 50 mile bike ride, which is a bit brutal here in Texas this time of year. Once I regain my senses I'll approve any outstanding reviews. There shouldn't be many, I usually get them right away if I am sitting at a computer.

..Al

23 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Is that even healthy? I would virtually run on (a lot of!) water at that heat.

I have a three liter water bladder (CamelBak) plus a water bottle on the bike.  Lots of opportunities on this particular route to top up water, which I did at one point at a park I was passing through. Temps were nice when I started at 8am, but doesn't take long to heat up!

..Al

• Like 2

I just bought the Ultimate-A8 to help out with future episodes showing off Atari 8-bit computer games! I have an XEGS (with no keyboard, for now, unless you have a spare one?) and from what I've read the Ultimate-A8 seemed more appropriate than the SIO2SD for what I was trying to do. I'm also guessing 99% of the things I'll be showing from that system will be contained on one file and there wouldn't be any disk swapping needed. I watched some videos on the Ultimate-A8 and the menu looked 100% accessible through joystick input as well so that works nicely with the XEGS.

Now there's just the wait for the 7800 Concerto cart.... ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I just bought the Ultimate-A8 to help out with future episodes showing off Atari 8-bit computer games! I have an XEGS (with no keyboard, for now, unless you have a spare one?) and from what I've read the Ultimate-A8 seemed more appropriate than the SIO2SD for what I was trying to do. 

This will be fun! I just got the Ultimate-A8 myself last year along with an XEGS and haven't used it much. Not to mention I just joined Twitch because of you and your channel! Looking forward to "playing along" with XEGS homebrews soon! :) 

On 6/11/2020 at 9:44 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Same here. Unfortunately there are still too few reviews. And only very few which really go into detail.

Well, you can't force people to leave reviews.  Compared to stores like Amazon that have many millions of customers (and many products receive tons of reviews), the AtariAge Store is chump change and I'm happy that some people do take the time to leave reviews. 

It would be interesting if the store had a page that allowed you to see all your past purchases, with a "Write Review" button next to each item (if you haven't already written a review).  Perhaps that's something I can add myself once I get the AtariAge Store on new software soon.  :)

..Al

• Like 2

On 6/12/2020 at 5:30 AM, Kaboomer said:

This will be fun! I just got the Ultimate-A8 myself last year along with an XEGS and haven't used it much. Not to mention I just joined Twitch because of you and your channel! Looking forward to "playing along" with XEGS homebrews soon! :) 

That's awesome, welcome to Twitch and watching ZPH live. ? Looking forward to playing some amazing A8 games on the stream!

- James

• Like 1

ZeroPage Homebrew will be welcoming @Thomas Jentzsch to the stream, LIVE via video, this coming Sunday June 28, 2020 (11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT)!!

We will be discussing his history in the homebrew community and the Atari 2600 games he's worked on. During the show we'll be playing our way through his back catalogue (Thrust, Star Castle Arcade, Boulder Dash, etc) and discussing his upcoming cartridge release of Robot City!

If you have any questions you'd like us to ask Thomas, post them in the ZPH Club Thread!

- James

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, SpiceWare said:

I picked Royal Heather as the two blues with the rainbow had a C=64 vibe:

However, the blues don't contrast as much on the actual T. Still looks good.

Oooh, good colour combo, very C=64! I'm always on the lookout for that set of two blues and I love my  READY.  tshirt, too many hours staring at that prompt from playing my C=64 in the past.

- James

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

We are having a Developer Spotlight on @Thomas Jentzsch streaming live on ZeroPage Homebrew this Sunday! We will be running through the catalogue of homebrew he's worked on including incredible games such as Thrust, Boulder Dash, Star Castle Arcade, Aardvark, Robot City and many, many more!

We will talking with Thomas via live video as we play each of the games he's had a hand in! Make sure you tune in so you can ask him questions about your favourite homebrew!

Developer Spotlight: Thomas Jentzsch (Live Video Interview!)

June 28, 2020 (LIVE @ 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew @Thomas JentzschThanks for today’s Developer Spotlight, it was great!
Thomas, thanks again for all of the games you have created and or collaborated on. Looking forward to the release of Robot City.?

Agreed on all counts! Looking forward to Darrell's turn next time. :) 

• Like 6