IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

1 minute ago, sramirez2008 said:

I may send it over, just to see you put them together and play Tap-A-Mole.

The buttons are nice and squishy on the Kid's Controller but it's hard to find where they are as they're flush with the plastic casing. The raised buttons on the Keyboard Controllers are WAY better suited for Tap-A-Mole as you can quickly touch type your way across the buttons by feel.

I hope he makes a 'Dizzy Mole' patch for the game as it'll give me another excuse to play it on the show, the fast pace was crazy!

- James

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I hope its Time Pilot. The 2600 needs a better version of Time Pilot.

It could certainly be done using Darrell's Draconian kernel. Might be a good question to ask him during his Friday spotlight. (I don't actually think the Coleco version is all that bad.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

The raised buttons on the Keyboard Controllers are WAY better suited for Tap-A-Mole as you can quickly touch type your way across the buttons by feel.

They work great for the SynthCart too. BTW - have you ever "played" that on the show? I found it really addictive.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

(I don't actually think the Coleco version is all that bad.)

After Draconian, Galagaon and soon to be released Robotron...I know we could get more than a couple shots on the screen at one time. It’s also too easy to destroy the boss airships.

1 hour ago, Nathan Strum said:

It could certainly be done using Darrell's Draconian kernel. Might be a good question to ask him during his Friday spotlight. (I don't actually think the Coleco version is all that bad.)

Oooh, good question to pose to him! I'll include it for Friday. Thanks Nathan!

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

This would be great!

I mentioned it during the show yesterday, I hope he thinks about making a patch for the game! It really feels like a patch type game!

They work great for the SynthCart too. BTW - have you ever "played" that on the show? I found it really addictive.

I haven't played that on a show as I couldn't quite figure out what was going on with the software in Stella because I didn't know that they used the keyboard controllers! Your overlays help A LOT, thanks for making them, I'll print them out and schedule it for an upcoming show. ?

- James

4 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Oooh, good question to pose to him! I'll include it for Friday. Thanks Nathan!

If we can get Darrell to make Time Pilot, my son and I would be willing to test it. It’s one of our favorite coin-ops!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I haven't played that on a show as I couldn't quite figure out what was going on with the software in Stella because I didn't know that they used the keyboard controllers! Your overlays help A LOT, thanks for making them, I'll print them out and schedule it for an upcoming show. ?

You really need the manual, too.

• Like 1

I couldn't sleep and woke up dreaming about birds, so although I'm still hoping for an updated version of Time Pilot, I'm going to have to go with a true Golden Oldie...Phoenix. I hope it includes the splash screen made up of birds, the horizontal scrolling background with stars, comets and planets and of course, the boss mother ship surrounded by her bird minions. Ah, that would be a sight.

I love the coin-op version and the 2600 version, while being pretty good in its own right, could certainly be improved upon. It does have beautiful box art. So there you have it. Phoenix. We can all dream right?

Going back to bed now.

• Like 1

TOMORROW!!

Just a reminder that tomorrow Friday August 14, 2020 ZeroPage Homebrew will be welcoming Darrell Spice Jr. (@SpiceWare) to the stream, LIVE via video at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT!!

We will be talking with Darrell and going through his extensive history in the homebrew community and playing his incredible back catalogue Atari 2600 games such as Medieval Mayhem, Stay Frosty 1 & 2, Space Rocks, Draconian and many more PLUS AN EXCLUSIVE REVEAL OF A SURPRISE GAME!

We will also be taking questions from the audience so make sure you tune in on Twitch or if you can't make it to the stream, post them in the ZeroPage Homebrew Club thread here!

- James

1378156626_20200814-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.04b197e8e7bb45ee60be48fa6654fa81.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Only just found the time to watch the last show.

The sash was brilliant. Clearly, Tanya had way too much fun putting that together. :D 

James needs to wear that at PRGE. I'd donate money to Stella to make that happen. (Make it a Stellathon 2 auction item!)

• Like 3